Teddy Bridgewater named new HC at Miami Northwestern

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here’s the order of events as reported:

December 10, 2010

“Since the firing of head coach Randy Shannon at the end of the regular season, the Miami Hurricanes' already-small recruiting class has taken several big hits.

Four-star safety Albert Louis-Jean, a top-five player at his position, abandoned the 'Canes last week, and now reports have surfaced that 5-star quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, also a top-five player at his position, has decided to decommit as well.

Both prospects have made it clear that they grew hesitant about their commitments to Miami now that Shannon is out of the picture.”

December 20, 2010 as he committed to UL

“Five-star quarterback Teddy Bridgewater committed to Louisville on Monday, becoming the first five-star prospect to commit to the Cardinals this season.

Bridgewater, who originally committed to Miami, decommitted from the Hurricanes in the wake of coach Randy Shannon's firing and quickly visited Louisville along with high school teammate, three-star wide receiver Eli Rogers.

Both Bridgewater and Rodgers committed to the Cardinals together just over a week after their visit.”

Golden was hired on 12/13/2010, 7 days prior to Bridgewater committing to UL. Both Albert & Teddy said Miami was in the mix pending on the coaching hire, so what did Golden do in a 7 day window that made Teddy say Fck You & The []_[]?

If he had an issue w/ Golden, that was no reason to break The []_[] & to be frank, I’m a lil taken aback by this reasoning b/c of how hard u go for the school. So that means the now famed upside down []_[] created by UNC QB Marquis Williams is justified since he dreamt of being a Cane, but we didn’t offer him until it became apparent we would have no QBs for the 2011 class, right? I mean since he felt disrespected by Golden, it was justified for him crouch rocketing The []_[]?

Come on bro, what Teddy did deserved zero pass. If he had a problem w/ Golden, then he should’ve yelled across the field, “I did this to u Fck Boy, remember that.” But throwing up the []_[] to break it? Nah; blood was talking mad chit to the players, not staff, but players all game.
Brother people can take things however they choose. If yall recall I still used to bother to tell yall stuff back then. This isn't a rumor or just something teddy told me. This is something I knew prior that he confirmed when he told me that story. And recruiting moves very quickly when it has to by the way. Me I'll stick with he's the one time I understood and I wasn't hot over it. For the gentleman who used the argument that he should've only been hot with alfraud we choose to forget that alfraud represented this university. Like it or not we were one and the same. Were you mad at the fans who week in and week out made us look like complete clowns nationally by flying a banner or in hindsight did you see it as a necessary evil. Do you get mad at the fans on here who provide all the trolls who come on here with bulletin board material about Mario and the program? Are you mad that week in and week out more than half of our stadium is empty minus big games? Cause to me all that stuff is worse.

Coach Bridgewater will certainly give Mario & Co. support. BUT, for the kids that need to leave town for familyt/social/posse reasons he'll support them leaving. He's focused on Northwestern and the kids.

I'm not trying to read your mind here. But this seems like you're saying this is a negative that a dude who was a legend and a role model in his community was hired by a school who desperatelyneeds a flash hire to get some local talent to stay with them. Is that your intention?

I’m saying all the things you mentioned really have no bearing on whether or not he is a great or even good coach. Other than being a local legend on the field, what are his qualifications to lead one of the most prestigious and history rich programs in this county?

Brother people can take things however they choose. If yall recall I still used to bother to tell yall stuff back then. This isn't a rumor or just something teddy told me. This is something I knew prior that he confirmed when he told me that story. And recruiting moves very quickly when it has to by the way. Me I'll stick with he's the one time I understood and I wasn't hot over it. For the gentleman who used the argument that he should've only been hot with alfraud we choose to forget that alfraud represented this university. Like it or not we were one and the same. Were you mad at the fans who week in and week out made us look like complete clowns nationally by flying a banner or in hindsight did you see it as a necessary evil. Do you get mad at the fans on here who provide all the trolls who come on here with bulletin board material about Mario and the program? Are you mad that week in and week out more than half of our stadium is empty minus big games? Cause to me all that stuff is worse.

Fans of the program vs. an opp? Lol. I don’t compare Teddy w/ fans. Fans can be erratic and unhinged. ****, fans in Bama was petitioning for Saban to leave b/c he didn’t make the CFP in 2022.

What I’m saying is dude de-committed prior to Golden coming on board. Dude took an OV to UL as soon as he de-committed. So how am I going to blame Golden for what he felt was in his best interest prior to Golden? I’m not going to pretend like I know the ins & outs, but it appears by all accounts of guys who are familiar w/ Teddy either as HS teammates or classmates that he wanted to play for a Black coach, hence he immediately went to UL to visit. If I’m not mistaken, in 2010 there were only Shannon, Strong, & Taggart as Black HC in 2010 (maybe missing 1 or 2).

And I’m not sure how equating a guy who played for another team disrespecting The []_[] correlates to fans who are telling the coach tgtfo via a plane. Furthermore, CIS don’t have to provide trolls bulletin board material on Mario; ESPN, BR, Fox Sports, The Games themselves provide that material just fine. If anything I’m more upset at results v. what some fans have to say.

Advertisement

If I am the gentleman you are referencing, I have not chosen to forget a **** thing. Just because every and any player/coach represents the University, does not mean they are the University, are greater than the University, or change the fact that the University represents hundreds of thousands of people beyond that one man. I wouldn't slap a man's son or father if I had a problem with that one man, even though they all represent the same last name.

I'll also point out you've cited the worst possible example to support your point (at least as it relates to this gentleman).

Fvck your banners.

The idea that getting blown out on national television isn't embarrassing enough to make termination decisions, but that a banner or billboard truck will do it, is asinine.

At best, and historically at UM, banners have only played a (minimal) role in getting people fired. Banners have played no role in getting the right people hired. That's the logical disconnect. Fire the corch, new corch hired. Fire the AD, well, now you are getting closer to the root problem. But you are asking largely the same group of people (i.e., the BOT and doners) who hired Blake to hire a new AD. Good luck with that.

And as an alumni, The University of Miami will always be greater than the University of Miami football program. Even assuming a banner is good for the program (there is no evidence of that), it's a bad look for the University.

So, yeah, fvck your banners.

Banner on senior day. SMFH

This argument fails to recognize things can always get worse, and that additional embarrassing acts compound embarrassment. Yes, the product on the field is embarrassing. Yes, flying banners asking for coaching/staff/admin changes is also embarrassing. Here's an illustration:

You are walking down a crowded high school hallway, trip on your shoelaces, fall flat on your face in front of the entire school, and start crying (metaphorically, the product on the field). Then, out of nowhere, your mother comes running in help you, yells at the principal for causing her poor baby to fall, yells at you for having your shoelaces untied, and proceeds to spank you in front of your entire school (the banner).

There was a certain level of embarrassment after the first incident, made worse by the second.

I'll take ten @njstateofmind posts about colognes or Kenneth's pizza toppings over one post from some piece of ****, pseudo Canes fan talking about flying a ******* banner.

The only thing flying a banner accomplishes is providing a small bit of satisfaction to the derelicts who pay to fly them. These weakminded, powerless individuals feel better about their lives by throwing their $$ away into some crowdsourced idiocy.

Save the money for therapy. Resolve the underlying problem. Your life will improve.

As for the empty seats, I've been a season ticket holder for about 2/3 of my 41 years on this Earth (including the last 12...). My *** is in those seats.

I’m saying all the things you mentioned really have no bearing on whether or not he is a great or even good coach. Other than being a local legend on the field, what are his qualifications to lead one of the most prestigious and history rich programs in this county?
The west has been **** for years. As far as whether or not he'll be a good coach who knows. Not many high school head coaches(or coaches in general at that level)are hired because they're proven good at what they do. As I've been stated I feel like Florida high school coaching leaves alot to be desired. They're hired more for the social side of things I feel like. Anyways it was a simple question. No need to be so defensive 15-0

If I am the gentleman you are referencing, I have not chosen to forget a **** thing. Just because every and any player/coach represents the University, does not mean they are the University, are greater than the University, or change the fact that the University represents hundreds of thousands of people beyond that one man. I wouldn't slap a man's son or father if I had a problem with that one man, even though they all represent the same last name.

I'll also point out you've cited the worst possible example to support your point (at least as it relates to this gentleman).

As for the empty seats, I've been a season ticket holder for about 2/3 of my 41 years on this Earth (including the last 12...). My *** is in those seats.
Kidding Smile GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Advertisement
Fans of the program vs. an opp? Lol. I don’t compare Teddy w/ fans. Fans can be erratic and unhinged. ****, fans in Bama was petitioning for Saban to leave b/c he didn’t make the CFP in 2022.

What I’m saying is dude de-committed prior to Golden coming on board. Dude took an OV to UL as soon as he de-committed. So how am I going to blame Golden for what he felt was in his best interest prior to Golden? I’m not going to pretend like I know the ins & outs, but it appears by all accounts of guys who are familiar w/ Teddy either as HS teammates or classmates that he wanted to play for a Black coach, hence he immediately went to UL to visit. If I’m not mistaken, in 2010 there were only Shannon, Strong, & Taggart as Black HC in 2010 (maybe missing 1 or 2).

And I’m not sure how equating a guy who played for another team disrespecting The []_[] correlates to fans who are telling the coach tgtfo via a plane. Furthermore, CIS don’t have to provide trolls bulletin board material on Mario; ESPN, BR, Fox Sports, The Games themselves provide that material just fine. If anything I’m more upset at results v. what some fans have to say.
You're saying that with the assumption that alfraud wasn't in the fold before it was announced. I would've assumed Mario has taught people better than that. As I said brother I understand people are gonna take it however they choose. If you feel I'm making this up or relating a rumor than nothing else to say. All good. Either way I'm over this.

Advertisement
Clint Hurtt, our old friend Ron Dugans, and Sherrone Moore were all on staff for teddys whole career at Louisville.

Pat Shurmur who he overlapped with in Minnesota is the Colorado OC

Dan Roushar who was his OL coach in NOLa for 2 years is the O line coach at Tulane now.

RBs coach in 2020 with the panthers, Jeff Nixon is the OC at Syracuse. Assistant o line coach that year, Marcus shatters field is the oc at Nebraska. Same with assistant SC coordinator from that year is at Nebraska that year.

2022 OL COACH dolphins, Matt applebaum is the OL coach at BC now but that’s probably going to change.

Pat surtain was also on the 2021 dolphins staff.

So basically Michigan and FSU connections
**** this is LCE level stuff

So Golden and Sean Allen committed NCAA violations and pulled Teddy's offer at the same time?

• On Dec. 17, 2010, five days after Golden was hired as Miami's coach, Allen testified that he was summoned to the restaurant Dan Marino's in South Miami to pick up Miami Northwestern High school quarterback Teddy Bridgewater. Bridgewater had withdrawn his commitment to the Hurricanes earlier in the month and Golden's staff was attempting to reverse his decision.

Allen testified that Bridgewater, Golden and other Miami coaches were at the restaurant during an unofficial visit and that a member of the coaching staff asked Allen to pick Bridgewater up. Allen testified that "I sat with Teddy and – actually that might have been the first time I met coach Golden, and they talked and I drove Teddy home from there."

Allen's phone records show eight calls exchanged with Bridgewater that afternoon and early evening, as well as four calls exchanged with Hill. The former Miami staffer told Yahoo! Sports that Hill, a then-Miami assistant, was present at the restaurant and arranged for Allen to pick Bridgewater up and transport him home – a violation of NCAA rules. The staffer also said Golden was aware Allen was there to take Bridgewater home.
This is what I thought it was. That when Shannon got fired, Teddy decided to go to Louisville. This account here doesn’t seem like his offer was pulled. So what is it? If his offer was pulled, I’ll look at it all differently.

Advertisement
Back