TE Elija Lofton: I do whatever I can to make the team elite

Advertisement
So, our Greentree All-Americans since 2019. Only going back 5 years to not make this complicated.

2019: Mark Pope, Nesta Silvera
2020: Mark Pope, One of the five defensive lineman with the last name of Williams
2021: Mark Pope, Leonard Taylor
2022: Jake Garcia, Chase Smith
2023: Cam McCormick, Rueben Bain
2024: Elija Loftin, Marcellius Pulliam

Yikes! Other than Rueben Bain, not a lot of production from our Greentree world beaters. Hope 2024 is accurate for both guys.
Don’t forget will mallory

So, our Greentree All-Americans since 2019. Only going back 5 years to not make this complicated.

2020: Mark Pope, One of the five defensive lineman with the last name of Williams

Yikes! Other than Rueben Bain, not a lot of production from our Greentree world beaters. Hope 2024 is accurate for both guys.
I don't think those examples are in any way analogous to what Lofton has done this Spring. Most of those above were the product of overzealous fans over hyping players without anything tangible other than perceived potential to back it up. Reuben Bain was a bit different from the rest above in that he backed up the expectations with his play in the Spring much like Greg Rousseau in his EE freshman year.

You trying to say CIS does CIS things???????........ Nuh uh.....I don't believe it.... lol!!!
rant over GIF
I would say it's more like fans doing fan things or humans doing human things.

Advertisement

Pulliam had a pick 6 other day. He truly was a diamond in the rough find. Low 2 to mid 3 star. But just absolutely plays football

You lost credibility when you put Cam McCormick in the list.

Who’s talking about Pulliam?

I’ve mentioned him a few times because he was the lowest ranked kid in that class and it looks like he will contribute to the team

Your list is trash

Advertisement
First of all, DJ Ivey was on it every year.

Some on the list are accurate, and yes if you go back people were trying to justify and and even praise McCormack, but he wasn’t near Greentree All-American status.

I’d say last year from the young guys, it was Bain and Francis Mauigoa.

You lost credibility when you put Cam McCormick in the list.
Cam may have been a little bit of a reach. However, the reports from practices were that he excelled in blocking and had solid hands. Those insiders or those reporting on the practices were not necessarily making him out to be a Greentree AA. It was more from some of our fans that were excited about his blocking ability. We haven't had a good blocking TE in a while, so the excitement was understood. There was definitely a lot of buzz that Cam was going to be a solid contributor based on some of the practices.

Id bet my entire family’s life that is incorrect.
A lot of people were excited about Cam, mainly due to his blocking ability and veteran leadership. Nobody was saying he was some crazy freak athlete, but he was going to be a mauler in the run game and also have a strong presence in the passing game.

Advertisement
Who’s talking about Pulliam?

I’ve mentioned him a few times because he was the lowest ranked kid in that class and it looks like he will contribute to the team

Your list is trash
I've heard nothing but good things about Pulliam so far. That's great. I hope he contributes and exceeds expectations. Linebacker is my favorite position group on the team, so I'm really pulling for him and all the youngsters.

Some of the list was meant to be funny, like Pope being on there for 3 straight years and the Williams on defense. That's obviously not accurate.

I've heard nothing but good things about Pulliam so far. That's great. I hope he contributes and exceeds expectations. Linebacker is my favorite position group on the team, so I'm really pulling for him and all the youngsters.

Some of the list was meant to be funny, like Pope being on there for 3 straight years and the Williams on defense. That's obviously not accurate.
I’m with you now. I retract my previous statement sometimes on a message board it’s tough to tell who’s keeping things a little light and who’s just being *****y for no reason

Green Tree All Americans are certainly a real thing that much we know 😂

Advertisement
First of all, DJ Ivey was on it every year.

Some on the list are accurate, and yes if you go back people were trying to justify and and even praise McCormack, but he wasn’t near Greentree All-American status.

I’d say last year from the young guys, it was Bain and Francis Mauigoa.
Last offseason Davonte, Davis, Jadais and Damari were all getting hyped

I’m with you now. I retract my previous statement sometimes on a message board it’s tough to tell who’s keeping things a little light and who’s just being *****y for no reason

Green Tree All Americans are certainly a real thing that much we know 😂
It's all good. I'll take the L on my list. Some of its serious and some of the list is an attempt at humor. I can see where it doesn't make sense. I'm all over the place.

Advertisement
Back