2024 TE Camden Jones

Personally don’t understand not taking Galloway, but Tremble seemed like a weird TE2 with Lofton imo
Got you i think they likely thought so as well as tremble is more of a tweener to..which is likely why he is going syracuse who actually uses wrs at his size with Dino

Advertisement
Looks like we want a true TE which I don’t have an issue with, as Lofton is smaller and more H-back ish (still plenty physical and talented). I’d prefer a portal guy personally as TE2, but Blackburn’s film isn’t bad at all.

I just fear we’re reverting more into a power run scheme with guys like Lofton in a Fullback-esque role / we already use our TE’s as extra OL, but hey could be wrong.

just watched his tape.

I'm sold. take him.

Clearly we don't need another tight end.

We can't even use ONE tight end.

Does our coaching staff realize that tight ends are also eligible receivers?

Thomas aint going anywhere. I think he was at the game this weekend AGAIN, and he has the close link with Addae. I think some of these new offers will be due to current guys portaling out. Like i could see a te leaving the room whether it be Skinner or Arroyo. So it would make sense, consider Cam Mccormick should/could also leave. You may lose 3 tes so u need to bring in atleast 2 and i dont see Lofton as a true te more so an HBACK, move player.
Also possible. I don’t mind it. A lot of Offenses especially NFL offenses are using 2 TEs or a TE with an FB with a TE skill set(Dolphin/49ers). Allows to be a pier concept team but still play 4 wide if you want to.

Advertisement
All of these bottom floor takes, and then when we struggle with Wake Forest in 2 years, the same people will be yelling “we don’t have the talent to compete with them!”. It’s a cycle that never ends and has been going on for far too long. Just sit back and watch.
This is a horrible take. 2 years from now this will be completely his team and his fault if there’s that bad of a talent deficiency. If you’re going to actually mile then at least make some sense.
While scouting for Homestead last week and watching their game against Columbus...i laughed as i watched Blackburn make a td and said to myself dang im surprised the Columbus mafia aint offer yet...**** i was on the money. lol

Blackburn is smart as ****, south florida doesnt produce much te recruits....typically when we have im in the mind you take 1.
He previously stated Stanford was his dream offer due to his grades, but between him and this guy we may have found our te 2.

Its obvious they wanted 2 because they were still on Amir Jackson w(who is a beast) from UF..

But im shocked they aint pivot to

who they worked out, who has good pass catching traits. They didnt bite on Galloway a likely Cane lock.

**** Camden Jones is ranked higher than Colton Heinrich from Cardinal Gibbons who will be a player.

Overlooking his size. Mario obviously wants in line guys. Somebody like Tremble is a better fit in a true spread offense instead of a power or zone spread team.

Personally don’t understand not taking Galloway, but Tremble seemed like a weird TE2 with Lofton imo
I actually like Heinrich and Jones way more than him. I wish we would actually recruited Heinrich but we didn’t.

I dont see why any TE would want to come here unless they like to only block. Might as well just put in another OL since the TE is only used for blocking

You think if we had a Kyle Pitts in practice he'd just be sitting on the bench?

I'm fairly certain what we do on Saturdays is a direct result of what we've been able to do during the week in practice.

We need TEs who can block AND catch at a high level; both are essential functions of the position and I imagine we'll see a dynamic pass-catching TE when we have one that also blocks well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Both TEs look good to me. Blackburn has size, is phyzical but also looks to have good movement skills and hands

My guess is we lose McCormack and Skinner (to the Portal). So we need more depth

Advertisement
"The tight end coach, coach Woodiel just hit me up about three weeks ago,” Jones said. “I was kind of surprised because I hadn’t heard from then before but he invited me out for the Louisville game and I had a great time.

At 6-6, 225 pounds, Jones has a long, lean frame with plenty of room to add good weight. He had a solid senior year, totaling 16 catches for 429 yards and eight touchdowns.

“I thought Miami’s offense was really impressive,” Jones said. “I didn’t notice a lot of tight end usage but they really moved the ball well and looked great throughout the game.”

Jones was back on campus Sunday and that’s when he picked up a scholarship offer from the Canes. “I was able to talk with coach Cristobal too and he’s a great guy as well. They’re trying to get me to come back for an official visit in December but I haven’t decided on that yet.”

Jones said his commitment to Cal remains very strong right now. Jones said he plans to sign in December during the Early Signing Period but isn’t an early grad and won’t enroll until the fall.

Highlight film was better than I expected. Seems tall and fast. Showed some body control, making a few legit adjustments to a few inaccurate passes. The basketball instincts showed up on a couple routes where he wisely positioned his body between the ball and defender. Competition looked suspect, but he was bigger/stronger/faster than the guys lined up against him.

**** it, why not.

Advertisement
Guess I’m not allowed to get upset he’s another guy
outside the top 1000. Gonna go watch tape now though before I prematurely complain, but…really? Another guy outside the top 1000?

We’ve got plenty of time to grab a handful more blue chips, but we do have 26 commits already, just offered CJ Bailey…unless we’re expecting some kids to be dropped to make room (I do) or flip, we’re getting close to that 30ish threshold.

This class might end up defining Mario’s tenure in either a fantastic way with great evaluations, or backfiring because of the multiple mid/low 3-stars that end up being minimal impact guys.
@WeBallinBoyz I usually say u complain a lot wit my dawg @cway313 but u said sum real **** den! This class as it stands gon define Mario as sum great evals or too many reaches. Now I like dat take of urs my boi (BIG BIG BIG BIG STOOOPID PAUSE)

Last edited:
@WeBallinBoyz I usually say u complain a lot wit my dawg @cway313 but u said sum real **** den! This class as it stands don define Mario as sum great evals or too many reaches. Now I like dat take of urs my boi (BIG BIG BIG BIG STOOOPID PAUSE)
We are 6-5 with 13+ 3* committed. What exactly is there to like? What gives anyone here any hope?

We are 6-5 with 13+ 3* committed. What exactly is there to like? What gives anyone here any hope?
See that’s ur problem. Ur always lookin at stars & never give a kid a chance to hit the field! Ur jus worried about class rankings. I would love to know what high level u played, coached , or scouted talent at bc u always have a strong opinion about kids who haven’t played a down of Big Time college football yet. **** homie if ur that good at evaluating talent den ur in the wrong business & u need to get of this board/computer, send ur resume in to the Hect,& go help Zo & Mario. I’m sure they can use ur help 💪🏾💯💪🏾 @cway313

Advertisement
Back