2024 TE Camden Jones

@Gables Cane
@Allabouttheu95
@WeBallinBoyz

It's the same porsters with the same predictable casual replies. Sheep. Never disappoints.
Thread 'Mario/Rad vs Manny/Blake'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/mario-rad-vs-manny-blake.188791/

I quote from the flip flopper @JZCane0825

“Are we better/worse off than we were two years ago at this same time.

I’d argue no, if not neutral at best.”

New Music Text GIF by Beyoncé

Advertisement

Looks like we want a true TE which I don’t have an issue with, as Lofton is smaller and more H-back ish (still plenty physical and talented). I’d prefer a portal guy personally as TE2, but Blackburn’s film isn’t bad at all.

I just fear we’re reverting more into a power run scheme with guys like Lofton in a Fullback-esque role / we already use our TE’s as extra OL, but hey could be wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I dont see why any TE would want to come here unless they like to only block. Might as well just put in another OL since the TE is only used for blocking
Well this kid looks the part. Don’t think his competition is much to talk about but he is definitely a diamond in the rough. He commits to the block and looks to bury them in the ground or has them on skates trying to put them in bleachers 🤣😂. I likey likey😍

Advertisement
Maybe they finally realized we will have 3 TE on the roster after Arroyo, Skinner, and Cam depart. Carver is a skinny kid still. Riley is coming along. Lofton is more HB. We need numbers so I'd expect 1 more HS kid and potentially a portal kid if Arroyo does depart.

All of these bottom floor takes, and then when we struggle with Wake Forest in 2 years, the same people will be yelling “we don’t have the talent to compete with them!”. It’s a cycle that never ends and has been going on for far too long. Just sit back and watch.

At least we have the portal now compared to the last 20 years AND the 85 count is the only limit. from 2005-2020, we didn't play with 80 heading into the season one time and played multiple years under 75. While I don't like the complete WHIFF at TE2, we do have a top 10 TE committed and took a top 10 TE last year. The real issue was Arroyo and Skinner whiffs.

Advertisement
We need something at TE. Going an entire year without production from that spot is inexcusable.

Whether thats on Dawson or lack of talent is up for debate.

Skinner is a tall slow WR with bad hands it appears.

Williams struggled with catching at times but he is still a super young .

Cam can only block it appears.

Arroyo can’t stay healthy

Who knows what Jackson carver will develop into.

Take Lofton and this kid or a portal TE.

To quote the line from Animal House: "F it. Take him, we need the dues." 🤷‍♀️

I don’t mind it at all. I honestly think some drops will happens. It’s been reported Thomas doesn’t look like the same athlete. I wouldn’t mind trading his spot with another TE being that we’re adding another DB anyway.
Thomas aint going anywhere. I think he was at the game this weekend AGAIN, and he has the close link with Addae. I think some of these new offers will be due to current guys portaling out. Like i could see a te leaving the room whether it be Skinner or Arroyo. So it would make sense, consider Cam Mccormick should/could also leave. You may lose 3 tes so u need to bring in atleast 2 and i dont see Lofton as a true te more so an HBACK, move player.

Advertisement
Has to be more attrition than just McCormick at TE OR we are losing Lofton…Also maybe this cements that we are gonna have a new OC with more TE usage?

With the sudden interest in both this kid and Blackburn

I personally don't see where they are needed unless big attrition (like Both Skinner and Arroyo? Or Skinner and no Lofton?)

The evaluations this cycle are the definition of insanity. If just 2 guys out of our numerous dudes ranked outside top 1000 hit it’s a miracle. Who the **** would have thought the so called elite recruiter would be bringing in a class with nearly half of the class being ranked outside the top 1,000.

This is a sick joke
Mario hates math and is suspicious of it just like he is of fire or the wheel so he’s out to destroy it by assembling all the statistical outliers in one class to make us rethink our existence

Looks like we want a true TE which I don’t have an issue with, as Lofton is smaller and more H-back ish (still plenty physical and talented). I’d prefer a portal guy personally as TE2, but Blackburn’s film isn’t bad at all.

I just fear we’re reverting more into a power run scheme with guys like Lofton in a Fullback-esque role / we already use our TE’s as extra OL, but hey could be wrong.
While scouting for Homestead last week and watching their game against Columbus...i laughed as i watched Blackburn make a td and said to myself dang im surprised the Columbus mafia aint offer yet...**** i was on the money. lol

Blackburn is smart as ****, south florida doesnt produce much te recruits....typically when we have im in the mind you take 1.
He previously stated Stanford was his dream offer due to his grades, but between him and this guy we may have found our te 2.

Its obvious they wanted 2 because they were still on Amir Jackson w(who is a beast) from UF..

But im shocked they aint pivot to

who they worked out, who has good pass catching traits. They didnt bite on Galloway a likely Cane lock.

**** Camden Jones is ranked higher than Colton Heinrich from Cardinal Gibbons who will be a player.

While scouting for Homestead last week and watching their game against Columbus...i laughed as i watched Blackburn make a td and said to myself dang im surprised the Columbus mafia aint offer yet...**** i was on the money. lol

Blackburn is smart as ****, south florida doesnt produce much te recruits....typically when we have im in the mind you take 1.
He previously stated Stanford was his dream offer due to his grades, but between him and this guy we may have found our te 2.

Its obvious they wanted 2 because they were still on Amir Jackson w(who is a beast) from UF..

But im shocked they aint pivot to

who they worked out, who has good pass catching traits. They didnt bite on Galloway a likely Cane lock.

**** Camden Jones is ranked higher than Colton Heinrich from Cardinal Gibbons who will be a player.

Personally don’t understand not taking Galloway, but Tremble seemed like a weird TE2 with Lofton imo

Advertisement
Back