TCU doesn’t know how to recruit

We did, unless we accept that 247 is just horrendously wrong - consistently - on the talent evaluations for the Miami Hurricanes and tremendously accurate for Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and others.

Some players were underdeveloped. Some were potentially miscast. And some were talented, but too young (for instance, almost half of our corners this year were true freshmen due to recruiting misses under Manny). And you can have a great overall blue chip ratio, but if you have a couple of positions where you are badly deficient (o line, linebacker) everything else can fall apart.
They say the recruiting rankings don’t matter and that Miami had no talent regardless of what 247 had kids ranked. Until…we talk about this current class and how this top 5 class is going to get us back on track. Either the rankings do matter and signing top classes is very important or the rankings don’t matter and signing a top class doesn’t mean anything. It’s one or the other. Can’t have it both ways

Advertisement
That QB is willing them to victory. They’ve been close in every game. Playing a bunch of similarly talented big12 teams evenly, but then the QB leads a late comeback and wins them game after game.

I’d have given Duggan the Heisman.
I've been saying that for weeks Duggan is everything that the Heisman should represent not the quarterback from a powerhouse only

TCU's speed outdid Michigan yesterday.

TCU has the most speed of any team in the playoffs.
I and most analysts were expecting a repeat of Alabama v Cincinnati (TCU getting run over) with TCU playing a 335. They stood up really well and **** those linebackers tackle.

Look at Tulane. 76th in recruiting this year. Pretty sure they weren't rated too high in other recent years either, but they would have beaten us silly this year on the field

Advertisement
I and most analysts were expecting a repeat of Alabama v Cincinnati (TCU getting run over) with TCU playing a 335. They stood up really well and **** those linebackers tackle.

It also helped that they were playing from behind for a large portion of the game, which made the running game secondary. I agree that TCU's defense was really sound. Didn't get pushed around like many expected.

Advertisement
We obsess over recruiting rankings and not without reason. But look at these paltry TCU numbers:
Class rankings
2019. 32
2020. 24
2021. 46
2022. 34

Better this year:
2023. 18

Guess coaching can compensate for mediocrity on the recruiting trail…

UGA on the other hand...

2018 - no 1 class
2019 - no 2 class
2020 - no 1 class
2021 - no 3 class
2022 - no 3 class
2023 - no 2 class

Advertisement
Yup they don't know how to recruit they got bodied. The chips fell for them properly in year one let's see if they stay a power house without the best players.

Advertisement
Yep. It certainly showed tonight.
The good news: Miami should be recruiting top 3-5 classes from now on, which will put us at GA’s talent level by 2025.
Not if we don't win. You can only sell a "vision" for so long. Eventually you have to sell reality. "Come help us rebuild to become a national title contender!" after a year or 2 sounds a lot better than "come be a part of our 8-4 team that's competitive in the ACC!" after 3 or 4 years.

Last edited:
Yep. It certainly showed tonight.
The good news: Miami should be recruiting top 3-5 classes from now on, which will put us at GA’s talent level by 2025.
As long as they start winning, no reason why that shouldn’t happen.

Another two 5-7, 6-6 or 7-5 season, recruiting will be a lot harder than most people think.

Advertisement
Back