Taylor Stubblefield

Advertisement
People keep b****ing about this hire for wr. Keep saying who has he developed. He had Dugan's and who did he develop. No body. Give the man a chance. **** if we only drop 1/3 of the balls next year compared to this year its an improvement.

Which is just all kinds of dumb. You're the head coach. It's not your job to "defer" to anybody.

I refuse to believe Diaz is making that kind of mistake.
You’re job as the HC is to find people to delegate duties to.... to defer to.

U don’t hire someone to build your offense and then not let him hire the people he feels he needs to do his job.

If the WRs are ****ed that their good-time pal who helped oversee perhaps the most disjointed unit on the team, did not get promoted for the second time in 3 weeks, that's too bad.

Wee-Bey-Whoa-What.gif

Advertisement
We had Dugans last year and our best WR left the team because of him, the ones that played couldn't hold on to the ball, and the ones that supposedly came in with a lot of potential didn't get playing time. I don't see how this guy can do any worse.

What?
LuCane’s point was: isn’t this guy supposed to be an amazing teacher of WRs?

There is, once again, zerooooooo evidence for that. Maybe he is. You could be right. But that certainly isn’t his reputation.

It's a good thing Manny doesn't hire based on Wikipedia though. He actually interviews coaches so he would know if they are a smart teacher or charismatic enough to be a recruiter. I don't know where we get our ideas to judge coaching hires based on one minute of googling where the coach came from

You’re job as the HC is to find people to delegate duties to.... to defer to.

U don’t hire someone to build your offense and then not let him hire the people he feels he needs to do his job.

We literally just tried to do that with Richt and everybody cheered it.

Maybe you are ri
Correct me if I'm wrong but Cooney is the only hold over from the woeful offensive staff we had and he got promoted to director of recruiting but people think he's being done wrong? Manny saw something in him by keeping him around when he could have obviously told him to run along, maybe he doesn't see it yet with his on field coaching. Let it play out.
I agree. Players do seem to have a hard on for him, though.
Which players? The TEs campaigned for Hartley and Diaz didn't relent.

If the WRs are ****ed that their good-time pal who helped oversee perhaps the most disjointed unit on the team, did not get promoted for the second time in 3 weeks, that's too bad.
The WR group specifically.

Advertisement
It doesn’t work that way.
You might want to read about a guy by the name of Jalen Hurts. He went to OU instead of UM for ONE reason, the Sooners are elite and we are not at this time. Grad transfers are just like recruits, schools make their pitch and kids take the best opportunity. That's the way it works. Manny didn't get beat out by Riley, OU was a better choice for Jalen, it's not complicated.

It's a good thing Manny doesn't hire based on Wikipedia though. He actually interviews coaches so he would know if they are a smart teacher or charismatic enough to be a recruiter. I don't know where we get our ideas to judge coaching hires based on one minute of googling where the coach came from

That's fine. It's like people don't understand the point.

This guy might be the greatest WR technician in the history of WR Coaches. I'll more than concede that's possible. But anybody arguing that he's suppose to be this elite WR teacher, is just being dishonest. There's no evidence for that, so you can't really make that argument.

Advertisement
You'll see names of old dusty coaches from the past dropped on this board like they'd be brilliant hires. (I've seen Lamar Thomas, Kevin Beard, Don Soldinger, etc.)

Then when Manny who is obsessed with analytics hires a coach that we haven't heard of the board melts down

If the biggest thing we're b*tching about is who we hired as WR coach then we've come a long way in just 30 days. We've had dogsh*t coaches for the last 15 years. Let's see how it all plays out but he definitely can't be that much worse then what we've had.

Isn’t this guy supposed to be a technical coach? I don’t have a clue if that’s true or not, but if it is... it’s really ******* weird to hear people ***** about it.

He’s complemented by Cooney for recruiting. This just in: for 15 years, we’ve struggled because we get less with more (relative to ACC **** teams who’ve consistently ripped us).

Now if he’s a **** technical guy and a **** recruiter, that’s another convo altogether.

The only thing we know is that he was a technician as a PLAYER. How well he's able to convey the nuances of the position to the kids he's teaching is debatable, and I don't pretend to know this...but his resume doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It is highly concerning that the best player under his tutelage in a decade on the job went for 800 yards and 6 TDs and he's been criticized at other stops for being a poor recruiter. His career trajectory up until now has been stagnant at best, and he's been fired multiple times from lesser programs. If he was hired for this job by virtue of simply "knowing" Dan Enos, that's pretty terrifying.

Advertisement
Isn’t this guy supposed to be a technical coach? I don’t have a clue if that’s true or not, but if it is... it’s really ******* weird to hear people ***** about it.

He’s complemented by Cooney for recruiting. This just in: for 15 years, we’ve struggled because we get less with more (relative to ACC **** teams who’ve consistently ripped us).

Now if he’s a **** technical guy and a **** recruiter, that’s another convo altogether.
He’s been an incredible technician in that vaunted Air Force passing game.

We don’t need another position coach who wears a lab coat and has recruits run from him like he’s Frankenstein like Rumph. WR Coach is primarily a recruiting spot, and this guy is trash. Rumphlefield.

No reason you can’t find an adequate technical guy who is also a murderous recruiter.

We literally just tried to do that with Richt and everybody cheered it.
Well richt had already failed, and deserved to be fired. We were hoping that an OC wouid be forced on him because we Knew he wouldn’t be fired and didn’t think there was any other way out of the mess.

A coordinator is responsible for his side of the ball, and needs to be allowed to hire coaches he trusts. If not, then if the coordinator fails whose fault is it?

That same rule really applies to management positions across verticals.

Advertisement
Back