Tavon Ross

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Watch for this kid. He could qualify as that "surprise" commit that you guys have been asking about. Mizzou commit that the staff is on hard. I'll have more on him tonight when I interview him, but he told me that he's setting up a visit for next weekend and they are recruiting him as a RB or DB.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/854657/tavon-ross

Advertisement
He looked instinctive as a Safety in that Hudl video. Great hands, seemed to always be in the right spot. Once he got the ball in his hands, he was an immediate scoring threat.

I'm not saying he's Ed Reed, not at all. Just saying that I see a lot of the things that made Ed Reed great are things that I saw on this kid's film.

All I saw were his senior high lights and that was some of the best film I have ever seen. Just curious why his ratings haven't gone up? I want him no matter what just wonder though.

Advertisement
patiently waiting...

1.gif%3fw%3d551

This kid a diamond in the rough. idk how he hasnt had more schools calling. his official 40 is 4.7 but looks way faster on film.

Advertisement
would love him at cb.
BTW, this 2 star is apparently getting the GA offered that 4 star Nigel has been praying for.

Per Kipp Adams

STRENGTHS: Athleticism, versatility

WEAKNESSES: Overaggressive at times, lacks experience at one position

Ross is a high school coach’s best friend in that he can be placed anywhere on the football field and excel. That will likely carry over to the next level. On offense, Ross has an above average arm at quarterback and is an exceptional runner. His exceptional change of direction and ball skills make him a viable option in the return game in college.

Although he could help out at wide receiver in any offensive scheme, Ross has an outstanding frame for a defensive back and should add additional strength that will allow him to hold up over a long season of run support. A surprisingly- does a nice job of delivering a consistent pop on contact and driving through on tackles and not allowing any extra yards.

Where Ross really excels on defense is using his agility and read and react skills to cause turnovers in the passing game. His propensity to go for the big play does make Ross susceptible to playaction, but overall he projects as a playmaker at safety that shows absolutely no fear of throwing his body into ball carriers for big hits. In Ross, Missouri looks to get a difference maker in the secondary out of Georgia.

Advertisement
Ratings don't matter one bit.

My buddy josh is head football coach of a high school here in nc. There is a kid that is the 10th best player in the nation next year coming out that he says is the worst football player he has seen.

Reason he's ranked so high???? He is 6 foot 6 and runs pretty fast. Ranked solely on size.

Advertisement
I get people are bitter that we're losing local prospects. I am too, but anyone citing this kid's offer as an example of failures in recruiting locally don't know what the **** they're talking about and obviously haven't watched that highlight clip. If this kid were committed to just about any other SEC school besides Missouri, he'd be a 4 star already.

FWIW, Alabama DC Kirby Smart is visiting Ross today.

Might end up being a battle between Miami, Georgia, and Alabama to pry him away from Mizzou.

Advertisement
Back