tavarus mcfadden top 8

Advertisement
Should've never been a 5-star to begin with. I imagine it was because he looked great getting off the bus because he did not ACTUALLY PLAY like a 5-star...EVER.

I honestly didn't think he'd go undrafted though. I figured a Cover-3 team would pick him up for his length alone.

Goes back to what I was saying... 5 * with 1 * hearts... They didn't want it bad enough.. Now they will have careers in other professions.. At least they got a free college education. I'm still paying school loans.

Got an education at FSU?

4DB8044F-B9A6-454A-845F-E7A01DEC9275.gif

Happening everywhere too, 5star quin blanding from uva went undrafted too which was crazy to me. Tony brown and Kevin tolliver as well

Quin Blanding was a shocker to me. Kid is a stud...He has great measurables at 6'2" 209 pounds. Tough and fast enough for a safety

Quin Blanding was a shocker to me. Kid is a stud...He has great measurables at 6'2" 209 pounds. Tough and fast enough for a safety
He couldn't play in coverage.. That was obvious too me.. Stiff hips ends careers all the time. Maybe he can get into coaching.

Advertisement
He couldn't play in coverage.. That was obvious too me.. Stiff hips ends careers all the time. Maybe he can get into coaching.

You really think so? Kid was 1st team ACC the last 2 years and Freshman ACC Player of the year. I just always saw him making plays all over the field. I thought he was above average filling the alley and good enough in coverage.

Tony Brown and Kevin Toliver going Undrafted is incredible to me. Both just off measurable alone.

Lots of bigger safeties cannot play in coverage. Yeah he was a bit stiff but it's not like he was an oaf back there. Very productive kid - started all 4 years, I believe, 215 running 4.6. Again, surprised nobody gave him a shot.

Same thing for Toliver. surprised at that one.

Advertisement
Tony Brown and Kevin Toliver going Undrafted is incredible to me. Both just off measurable alone.

Agreed. Some of this stuff is what I call the "Allen Hurns" effect too. I honestly (and this might sound crazy) but I honestly believe some kids just get forgotten about. No way in **** Hurns should have gone undrafted after that season he had. I just think guys slide so far down teams draft boards that they just slide out of their minds. What is the old cliche'..."Out of sight, out of mind."...

I watched some of the 6th and 7th round just to see if any Canes would slide in there and some of the names coming off the board were comical. Cant tell me a guy like Toliver, Deontay Burnett from USCw or even Blanding couldn't have slid in the 7th round. Scouts aren't perfect.

Adding to my post, I would love to know how many times that scouts catch themselves saying, "Holy ****, this kid didn't get drafted? Totally forgot about him or I thought he was already off the board! Call him NOW." when evaluating potential UDFA signings.

Agreed. Some of this stuff is what I call the "Allen Hurns" effect too. I honestly (and this might sound crazy) but I honestly believe some kids just get forgotten about. No way in **** Hurns should have gone undrafted after that season he had. I just think guys slide so far down teams draft boards that they just slide out of their minds. What is the old cliche'..."Out of sight, out of mind."...

I watched some of the 6th and 7th round just to see if any Canes would slide in there and some of the names coming off the board were comical. Cant tell me a guy like Toliver, Deontay Burnett from USCw or even Blanding couldn't have slid in the 7th round. Scouts aren't perfect.

Toliver was discussed on LSU's board. Apparently he was entitled and lazy. Thought because he was a 5* he didn't have to work hard and left early even after getting warned he wouldn't be drafted. Talented player though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a roster.

Toliver was discussed on LSU's board. Apparently he was entitled and lazy. Thought because he was a 5* he didn't have to work hard and left early even after getting warned he wouldn't be drafted. Talented player though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a roster.

He will and Tony Brown. Tony Brown is a 6'1 210 Db running Sub 4.3s. Think he played out of position at Bama though. Think he can play some SS or some FS. Idk if he's a nickel corner.
And Toliver has on the tools and strong at the line. He will also fit in somewhere.

Advertisement
He will and Tony Brown. Tony Brown is a 6'1 210 Db running Sub 4.3s. Think he played out of position at Bama though. Think he can play some SS or some FS. Idk if he's a nickel corner.
And Toliver has on the tools and strong at the line. He will also fit in somewhere.

I agree. Brown seemed to have tight hips and struggle vs slot guys, but a physical freak like him could be a great FS.

At the very least, I'd think both him and Toliver would make rosters based on what they could provide on ST.

Safeties who can't cover and only excel around the LOS are a dime a dozen. Look at the stud free agent safeties that are still available.

I agree. Brown seemed to have tight hips and struggle vs slot guys, but a physical freak like him could be a great FS.

At the very least, I'd think both him and Toliver would make rosters based on what they could provide on ST.

Agreed.

Advertisement
every single time i watched Tony Brown he was getting beat.

Must be something else with Quin Blanding like medical history or something. He at worse is a 5-6th rd guy.

Mcfadden was overrated fromt he gate and everyone who watched AH play when he was there knew that. He then got picks early on because he was being attacked....that gave him an inflated sense of worth. He has length but isnt that fast. He would work in a seattle type scheme for a db.

Tolliver aint get drafted likely for off the field stuff. He'll make a team easily.

I drafted..Burnett, Tolliver,and Blanding in the WEZ mock draft. Burnett i figured had a chance to go UDFA as the kid ran like a 4.8 40. I was completely shocked and thought he may be hurt or something.

Whatever off the field stuff Toliver had must have been REALLY bad because Calloway didn't even play the entire yr due to off the field stuff and got a positive drug test at the combine and still got drafted in the 4th round. (I was shocked myself at that.).

That said, I didn't know Toliver was a problem off the field so I guess shows the scouts know what they are doing .

he desperately needs to work on his coverage skills if he wants a chance in the NFL

as far as McFadden goes i believe we already saw his best football which was mostly luck... kid doesnt impress me much at all

Advertisement
Back