Tathan Martell

Advertisement
As always, regardless of HC and OC, they will settle on the QB that they feel will make the fewest "mistakes." HCs and OCs are rarely "risk takers," what with their jobs/reputations on the line.

Unfortunately none of our 3 QBs showed enough in the spring to be named the starter and that is from guys that have watched multiple practices and scrimmages. The job is wide open heading into camp. You have 2 guys who played under Richt and another under Urban so going into summer whoever steps up, grasps Dans approach and gives us the best chance to win will be the starter. Plenty can happen in 3 months so let’s hope one of them takes a huge step this summer. Dan is in a tough spot but people with more knowledge than anyone here love this guy and his style and they feel Dan will get the most out of what he has to work with, unlike several of his predecessors
He’s not in a “tough spot” cut the bullsh*t we have 3 viable options

So u think Dabo emphasized that Trevor extend plays just bc? No. He said in the spring game that Trevor left some plays on the field by not extending plays. A QB that can extend plays works in any offense, period. Plays will breakdown and it helps to have a QB that can buy time and make something out of nothing.

You're trying to make it seem like I said Tate will start bc he can extend plays and that's not my point. Tate extending plays is just the cherry on top. He will start bc his play style will put fans in the seats (money), his brand will get us more media coverage (money), and his talent will gets us wins (money). U can take that to the bank.

Correct, however, Malik was good at buying time in comparison to Kaaya. If you surround me with playmakers I'm picking Kaaya. If you got some average guys running around I'm picking the playmaker. There's a reason why some Miami highschool squads back In the day used to put the best athlete at QB. ****, Antonio Brown played QB at Miami Norland. You think hed be good at QB in college or the NFL?

I think there are a lot of similarities in Fields and Martel, both better runners than passers, neither have thrown many college passes, and both need to improve accuracy. I'm wondering if part of getting Fields to commit was telling him Martel would not be an option at QB.

Martell was money at Bishop and when he took the field against Rutgers. Enos is trying to make him play the position a different way with different mechanics and it has messed with his accuracy. I believe he will have everything dialed in by fall.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He’s not in a “tough spot” cut the bullsh*t we have 3 viable options
Another expert that knows more than guys that played here, won a few big games, watched multiple practices and scrimmages and talked to Dan! What in the **** would they know?

Another expert that knows more than guys that played here, won a few big games, watched multiple practices and scrimmages and talked to Dan! What in the **** would they know?
Who cares who talked to dan, learn the optics. This is the 4th year of an ongoing defensive system, OF COURSE they would be ahead of the offense especially the qbs. Anyone expecting them to look like Tua/Lawrence their first spring vs our established D is insane for thinking they would.

Look, Dan Enos is a technician which is why his qbs numbers generally improve because it’s all about the fine details for him. Same thing will happen for whoever is at qb this year, enos wont have mediocrity at the position which is what the qbs played like last year in that system

Fields is the highest rated player to EVER play at OSU. Even higher than Terrell Pryor. To think that a coach "worth his salt" would not guarantee a starting spot to someone of Fields' caliber is the epitome of naive. But trying to convince a buckeye that they are subject to the same tendencies and tactics as other, lower programs is futile.

Why would they have to guarantee him anything though?

They didn't have a starter coming back and the backups weren't anything that would scare a player of Fields calibre off. You think he was worried about Tate or the SLC kid?

Additionally, due to his stature, he was realistically only going to consider a handful of schools.

He would've been the odds on favorite to win any job in the country besides maybe a handful of them with entrenched starters.

IMHO, they didn't need to promise him anything. They could legitimately point to their roster and say that's who we've got and you've only gotta beat them out.

Why would they have to guarantee him anything though?

They didn't have a starter coming back and the backups weren't anything that would scare a player of Fields calibre off. You think he was worried about Tate or the SLC kid?

Additionally, due to his stature, he was realistically only going to consider a handful of schools.

He would've been the odds on favorite to win any job in the country besides maybe a handful of them with entrenched starters.

IMHO, they didn't need to promise him anything. They could legitimately point to their roster and say that's who we've got and you've only gotta beat them out.
Ur right, they probably didn't NEED to guarantee him the spot, but when you take into account the real reason why he was in the portal to begin with, not starting at UGA, then it's very possible, if not likely, that they made a guarantee.

Advertisement
Who cares who talked to dan, learn the optics. This is the 4th year of an ongoing defensive system, OF COURSE they would be ahead of the offense especially the qbs. Anyone expecting them to look like Tua/Lawrence their first spring vs our established D is insane for thinking they would.

Look, Dan Enos is a technician which is why his qbs numbers generally improve because it’s all about the fine details for him. Same thing will happen for whoever is at qb this year, enos wont have mediocrity at the position which is what the qbs played like last year in that system
Here we have a CIS hero and one of his cheerleaders who claim to know more about UM’s offense and their QBs than the OC and multiple players that have met with him. The scary thing is they believe it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we have a CIS hero and one of his cheerleaders who claim to know more about UM’s offense and their QBs than the OC and multiple players that have met with him. The scary thing is they believe it!
Notice. The guys that have many thousands of posts and are addicted to CIS, think that their opinions are the only ones that are right. Addicted posters have no normal lives and their warped behavior is revealed on social media, as CIS.

Notice. The guys that have many thousands of posts and are addicted to CIS, think that their opinions are the only ones that are right. Addicted posters have no normal lives and their warped behavior is revealed on social media, as CIS.
LOL you spend just as much time or more down voting and dumb voting comments instead of porsting

Quit hanging on the nut sack of every comment you “say” a former player makes, it ain’t that deep. No firm opinion should be made from this particular spring of the qbs, that’s comical at best . They are all progressing point blank period and it’s not some dire situation

Advertisement
Tate ESPN article

(this is the type of extra media coverage he will bring to the program that I mentioned earlier)

Extra media coverage doesn’t win games. Good quarterback play does.

I would bet my mortgage that Martell was not promised the job. He was promised a fair shot at the job, which I’m sure he felt he was not going to get at OSU.

It is still a three man race for starting quarterback.

I would bet my mortgage that Martell was not promised the job. He was promised a fair shot at the job, which I’m sure he felt he was not going to get at OSU.

Agree with this 100% and I would add that he may have come in thinking the competition wouldn't be at the level it was given what he heard or was told about our QB play last year....

Advertisement
Martell was money at Bishop and when he took the field against Rutgers. Enos is trying to make him play the position a different way with different mechanics and it has messed with his accuracy. I believe he will have everything dialed in by fall.

I'm encouraged when Enos has stated he will fit the offense around the QB. I think we saw some of that in the scrimmage when he let Tate work out of the gun more.

Show me where I said that media coverage wins games.

"We can run one play out of 10 formations and it will look like 10 different plays to the defense," Williams said. "Basically, there's always going to be an answer built in the offense, so you really can't be wrong as long as you're reading it and doing what you're coached to do."

I hate beating a dead horse...... but gahhhh****, Mork!!! WTF were we doing with on the offensive side of the ball? This is basic 'Coaching Football 101'. ****, our middle school kids will run the same play outta 4-5 different formations. This is crazy!

Advertisement
Back