Tate Over Pope etc...

Advertisement
Idk what game yall was watching but we only passed for 214yds & most of that was between 3 people (Brevin, KJ & Deejay). None of the WR's really did much of anything in the game.

Tate only played 15 snaps & most was a diversion in wildcat or simply blocking. If he's making plays then play'em it's simple. I think he'd be best in the Red Zone working the Zone read & can bring a situational element that can keep teams off balance.

JT played the whole game & essentially had 3 catches (he listed as only having 2 but his first catch because it was the behind the LOS is listed as a rushing carry even though it was a bubble screen), he didn't play great either.

Enos is gonna have to find a way to expand the offense & play all these wideouts we got if we plan on putting up some D1 level productivity. Good OC's manufacture yards & the best way for the offense to not be so pedestrian all the **** time is throw the fckin football early & often.

His main task this season will be to bring us out of the stone ages as an offense. I don't wanna here how complex & complicated this offense is while simultaneously not seeing the productivity on the field, that's nonsense.

PLAY EVERYBODY, Idgaf who is it, play everybody & exhaust every option until this fckin Offense can finally pull it's own weight & put up at least 260yds in the air & put some **** TD's on the board.

It's 2019 bruh no more excuses why we can't protect the fckin QB & consistently throw for 260-300yds a game. Just get it the fck done & help this Defense out so we can win some **** games.

Idk what game yall was watching but we only passed for 214yds & most of that was between 3 people (Brevin, KJ & Deejay). None of the WR's really did much of anything in the game.

Tate only played 15 snaps & most was a diversion in wildcat or simply blocking. If he's making plays then play'em it's simple. I think he'd be best in the Red Zone working the Zone read & can bring a situational element that can keep teams off balance.

JT played the whole game & essentially had 3 catches (he listed as only having 2 but his first catch because it was the behind the LOS is listed as a rushing carry even though it was a bubble screen), he didn't play great either.

Enos is gonna have to find a way to expand the offense & play all these wideouts we got if we plan on putting up some D1 level productivity. Good OC's manufacture yards & the best way for the offense to not be so pedestrian all the **** time is throw the fckin football early & often.

His main task this season will be to bring us out of the stone ages as an offense. I don't wanna here how complex & complicated this offense is while simultaneously not seeing the productivity on the field, that's nonsense.

PLAY EVERYBODY, Idgaf who is it, play everybody & exhaust every option until this fckin Offense can finally pull it's own weight & put up at least 260yds in the air & put some **** TD's on the board.

It's 2019 bruh no more excuses why we can't protect the fckin QB & consistently throw for 260-300yds a game. Just get it the fck done & help this Defense out so we can win some **** games.

Preach

Agree ,100 percent

Last year Richt and his antiquated offense drove us all nuts.Couldnt move the ball for sHT.Saturday night we weren’t moving the ball for sHT either.

So Enos comes in and tries a few plays using a guy as a diversion that all seemed to work( the one where he ran wasn’t a diversion) and guys are crying like old women cause they didn’t like the guy that created the diversion that led to 3-4 of our best plays.

Some of you guys pretend to be Cane fans but it seems you don’t care if we win or lose as long as your agendas are met.Instead of being excited that Tate’s playing slot or QB or WR led to a lot of success when we couldn’t move the ball your in here whining cause he played in front of a couple of your favorite players.

Maybe we need to go back to running Richts stagnant *** offense and forget about trying anything resembling trickery.At least the crying might stop.We wont win much.We won’t move the ball.But a few supposed Cane fans will be happy their favorite players got to play.

Advertisement
Literally 3 of our biggest runs of the game (one called back for penalty) occurred when Tate was on the field and presnap motioned. This caused a second of pause/confusion which created seams for the big gains

It’s absolutely mind-boggling to me that this is what the echo chamber is choosing to cry about

Hang on a second. To start, I do like what Tate brings to the field. Now, with that said, the 2 big Dallas runs (including the TD), the play was the same - it was a good concept...unbalanced line (JC-Zion-Vaugh-Gaynor-Scaife-Mallory). JC was basically lined up as the blocking TE on the left side and Mallory was essentially the RT. Scaife then pulled to the left. So, you had our entire OL except for Gaynor to the left of the center paving the way. We used to do this stuf in the early 00s with Kehoe and it was effective. The tate fake handoff was to make the LB on that side hesitate just a bit. If I were a betting man, I'd say Pope, Thomas, or even KJ would have been as effective.

Several plays were Tate as on the field resulted in big plays. Two wildcat runs by Deejay had Tate coming across and taking coverage with him. Go look at Roman’s breakdown before positing.

Yeah, clearly they couldn't keep their eyes off of him, especially when he got the ball and broke it for 35 in the game you were watching. 😂

Which play went for 25 plus when he was faked to in your game...I honestly can't remember.
So why did UF called a timeout on his first play when he entered the game? Why were their safeties tracking Tate and coming up the box? Every time he motioned, UF defense took notice and drew in, watch the film and look at everyone’s reaction when he moves, Lbs & Safeties....Talk football like a grown man with me and not a fanboy. There are ways to impact the game without touching the ball.

So why did UF called a timeout on his first play when he entered the game? Why were their safeties tracking Tate and coming up the box? Every time he motioned, UF defense took notice and drew in, watch the film and look at everyone’s reaction when he moves, Lbs & Safeties....Talk football like a grown man with me and not a fanboy. There are ways to impact the game without touching the ball.

lol...ok, whenever your ready though, feel free to let me know those impact plays...who knows? I may have missed them.

To claim he forced a timeout and defenders were actually accounting for him as expected, well...let's just say I'll stick with yards gained and points.

Advertisement
lol...ok, whenever your ready though, feel free to let me know those impact plays...who knows? I may have missed them.

To claim he forced a timeout and defenders were actually accounting for him as expected, well...let's just say I'll stick with yards gained and points.
You keep looking for those yards and points. Enos is looking for mismatch and exploits, I’ll trust Enos approach over CIS posters. Football is chess to some, checkers to others.

Hang on a second. To start, I do like what Tate brings to the field. Now, with that said, the 2 big Dallas runs (including the TD), the play was the same - it was a good concept...unbalanced line (JC-Zion-Vaugh-Gaynor-Scaife-Mallory). JC was basically lined up as the blocking TE on the left side and Mallory was essentially the RT. Scaife then pulled to the left. So, you had our entire OL except for Gaynor to the left of the center paving the way. We used to do this stuf in the early 00s with Kehoe and it was effective. The tate fake handoff was to make the LB on that side hesitate just a bit. If I were a betting man, I'd say Pope, Thomas, or even KJ would have been as effective.
Be a betting man then. I see a plus play. Period.

You keep looking for those yards and points. Enos is looking for mismatch and exploits, I’ll trust Enos approach over CIS posters. Football is chess to some, checkers to others.

Ok then, new challenge for you...get Enos to go on record that he isn't interested in yards and points. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

With that, thankfully....it's all yours. lol, classic.

UM

The problem is that there are posters that can't take criticism of Tate the Great....and there is no criticism being given.

He WILL get involved one way or the other...EVERYBODY expected it...and they had to account for him. They would have been forced to account for Pope in the exact same role.

It isn't rocket science that his inclusion in the game would disrupt...that's what it is ******* designed to do?!?!
Did Tate serve his purpose as a decoy at times, sure he did. Did he bust something big with a huge block, or a carry for 15 plus yards? Not that I saw....but he served a purpose.

The basic argument it seems is that some want to glorify his role as next to life altering, and some, like myself, think the play calling and his utilization will improve as the OL does.

Seems we are all going in the same direction and arguing semantics...but just my take.

Advertisement
The problem is that there are posters that can't take criticism of Tate the Great....and there is no criticism being given.

He WILL get involved one way or the other...EVERYBODY expected it...and they had to account for him. They would have been forced to account for Pope in the exact same role.

It isn't rocket science that his inclusion in the game would disrupt...that's what it is ******* designed to do?!?!
Did Tate serve his purpose as a decoy at times, sure he did. Did he bust something big with a huge block, or a carry for 15 plus yards? Not that I saw....but he served a purpose.

The basic argument it seems is that some want to glorify his role as next to life altering, and some, like myself, think the play calling and his utilization will improve as the OL does.

Seems we are all going in the same direction and arguing semantics...but just my take.

I agree. I just don’t understand where people are claiming there is some “agenda” being propagated. I even think a poster was trying to imply that race was involved. I had no opinion of Tate until that game. I was confused as to why he played more than the other receivers after like 3 practices as a WR. However, Enos said it was packaged. I’m still confused as to why he gets credited for nothing though. I recall when he lost out on the QB job some posters said he made the QBs better. Like how? Or even against UF, some credit him for DJ’s big runs. Like really? It’s like a cult following for some reason.

Advertisement
Back