Tate Martell

Enlighten me. Just what was Tate's "skillset"? To my eye, he couldn't throw the ball with any accuracy, wasn't much of a runner ....
That’s why Manny was so excited to bring him here. Manny saw he was the perfect fit for his team. He looks for receivers that can catch, LB’s that can’t tackle and CB’s that can’t cover

Advertisement
3 pages in for the first real response. Its like we lost a bowl game this week or something.

Tate Martell officially 'opted out' for 2020. So he's still in school and still on scholarship but does not have to participate in any football activities. Also he does not lose a year of eligibility for 2020.

In my opinion it was the perfect move for him. He should be able to graduate from UM next spring and still have two years to play two years of football. I always felt that Tate Martell's skillset translated best to the Division 2 level. By Opting Out for 2020 he can finish his undergrad work, graduate from UM then transfer to a Valdosta State or Carson Newman type of program. The kid can be the starting QB on a ranked D-2 team for two years and scoop up a free Master's Degree in the process.
Yes thank you for the response. I was wondering what his deal was in case we need another spot or if the staff would try him out fully as a WR.

Maybe more skill level than skill set. I've always thought Tate Martell's overall athleticism is a better match at the Division II - III level.
To my mind, Tate could join countless others as Exhibit A in terms of the issues with those HS recruit "star ratings." Clearly, he was overrated by those services based on his HS dominance, which failed to translate to the college game.

Advertisement
She wouldn't be Tater's ex if he'd lived up his 5-star ranking.

the moment you saw Kiki next to Tate you knew homeboy was dating way above his pay grade....

Girl belongs to some billionaire or movie star...Tate was just her stepping stool out of high school...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back