Tate Martell

Advertisement
Advertisement
Go
You are ignoring the issue of position. LBs and Dline are expected to be a little xpcrazy and wild. WRs can be divas. Oline organized and you hope a little nasty. QBs, first and foremost need to be leaders- dedicated, hard working, first in last out, follow me types. Immaturity has no place in that position. Even uber-talented ones usually fall apart eventually without leadership. Fans can like any smuck that comes down the road, but players need to trust the dude they follow into “combat”. Most of our NC QBs were kind of choir boy types yet were leaders our “thugs” willingly followed because they were all about winning.
go back and check the resumes of recent heisman winners and you’ll see a bunch of immature gamers.

Advertisement
I was just commenting on your statement but if you want my opinion I’ll take the mature gamer who makes stuff happen. But we don’t know if we have a guy like that yet.
Yea.... I was just commenting on the statement that maturity is most important trait for a QB. Based on recent Heisman winners, that’s not true, but Ofcourse if you could build a player maturity would be an ingredient.

You don’t know about Tate, you also don’t know about anybody. Facts.
And you know?? Nah you dont know dog s***! FACTS!!!
I'm going off strictly what's coming out of these practices and what I see in videos of him practicing! And you mad cause your hero ain't as good as you think. Get back on ya momma *** lil boy!
Some people just dont have it, no matter how much work they put in. Just like you! Facts!!!

Advertisement
If somehow Tate wins the job 404Canes will be rooting for the Gators
Actually, things got off track when ppl were clowning on other canes bc they favored Tate. I went into defense mold and to prove my point, i threw out flaws against the kid. Like some others, i want the guy who has worked his *** off and proven he deserves to lead this team each week (including Tate Martell). Perry and JW are on clean slates and have not shown to relapse into any problems from the past. Fans should respect what the guys are doing right now and let them ball.

God **** this fan base is racially divided. Pathetic
It's sad that people want jarren to win solely due to Tate being white

I know it goes the other way too (not nearly as much ) but it's clearly evident with those hoping jarren wins

Jarren has shown nothing, played worse high school competition than Tate and performed worse. Anyone with eyes can see that Tate should be favored and was more highly rated for a reason

All I hope for is that they all make each other better

Advertisement

I know it goes the other way too (not nearly as much ) but it's clearly evident with those hoping jarren wins

Jarren has shown nothing, played worse high school competition than Tate and performed worse. Anyone with eyes can see that Tate should be favored and was more highly rated for a reason

Its typical and I am not at all surprised with the dudes on this site. I am pro whichever one of these mother****ers can win us a title. I could not give a single **** if the dude was Asian, Native American, black, white, or Egyptian...win games for my Canes and I will love you forever.

I always get a good laugh when people bash other fanbases for being racists...like our fans are this bastion of equality and kindness. Hypocrites...

1.) Not every member of MIA's fanbase who thinks Jarren should start, simply feels that way because he's Black. Believe it or not some actually believe he's the better QB, and nothing that they've seen in the 1st 4 practices has or should sway their opinion.

2.) Also just because Tate was more highly touted coming out of high school or played against better competition, doesn't mean he should be favored in the QB race. At Gorman he played with more talent than Jarren, and had more D1 prospects on his team, some of which are or will be on MIA's roster. The bottom line is both players were top 100 recruits, and were elite 11 QBs. Furthermore the QBs on the roster with the exception of Proctor, are all attempting to learn a brand new NFL caliber system. Which is why trying to determine who has the upper hand in the QB race, based off of their high school career is foolish to say the least.

3.) It would probably benefit you, to do a little research on the history of the Black QB. Afterwards you will quickly realize who actually has had to endure more discrimination as a result of their skin color.

As for my opinion on the matter..I believe that Matocha will end up being the best QB on the roster by next yr. He is simply the most natural thrower of the football, from a fundamental/mechanic/footwork standpoint.

Wow some posters have truly gone off the deep end and backed themselves into a sharp corner defending their preferred QB. All three bring intangibles to the equation as well as lacking in some fundamental area. It will be encumbent upon all three to step up their games, learn the playbook, and demonstrate leadership on the field in both practice and scrimmages. It will be the one who consistently demonstrates these attributes who will get tapped to lead the team come 8/24. And that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s his job for the whole season so he beat not relax on his laurels. As Manny said, to be the QB at Miami means a 24x7 requirement. He who gets that the best shall win.

Advertisement
Back