Tate Martell

According to inside reports from last season, Perry and Williams were lacking in that department. This is why Rosier was able to keep them off the field. Now its only a few days into spring but who have we seen staying after practice thus far?

Hard to judge, they also seemed to be on suspenion an awful lot of the time, while poor Malik was taking a beating from the "fans" because he actually took the season serious enough to be at least somewhat ready to strap it up.

Advertisement
Hard to judge, they also seemed to be on suspenion an awful lot of the time, while poor Malik was taking a beating from the "fans" because he actually took the season serious enough to be at least somewhat ready to strap it up.
No doubt based on what appeared to transpire, but definitely offensive staff was not motivating players through out IMO.

Tate appears to be a hard worker and I think JW and N'k will step up their game with #TNM approach. The one advantage Tate may have is in the classroom, if what was reported about him being close to graduating before transfer is true, which would translate into potentially less study hall and more practice on own time.

We have 3 dual threat qbs in competition to lead the canes in 2019. Each one coming with his own strengths and flaws. Enos coached 2 dual threat qbs last season and was able to teach, train, and bring out the best in each one.
According to inside reports from last season, Perry and Williams were lacking in that department. This is why Rosier was able to keep them off the field. Now its only a few days into spring but who have we seen staying after practice thus far?
I only seen Tate throw after one practice...should we just assume he did that the entire 1st week like assuming that Perry or JW hasn't put in any xtra work. Bias claims is not going to win Tate the job. Why are some keep bringing up last season mishaps when you have not seen anything like that under this regime. Are you hoping that something happens so Tate's odds are better to be qb1. You had receivers, Brevin and maybe others who were just as frustrated with the offense and coaching as the young qbs. Really, all the recollections that keep coming up about the guys not taking it serious or getting in trouble is irrelevant at this point. But in life ppl will continue to remind you of what you did in the past and why you can't succed. I hope these boys prove y'all wrong by winning the job and leading us to an acc championship this season, in 2019.

Last edited:
i love the narrative somehow taking hold that tate struggled. where does that even come from? watching a few passes in the open portion of three practices (one with pads)? Consider me skeptical.

Oh like the narrative that savior Martell outworks all the other qb's?? Consider us level headed people skeptical as well my friend. Just let this play out folks.

Advertisement
Work ethic is great, and itll definitely make you better. But it's either you got it or you dont... and right now idk bout Tate.

Advertisement
It also seemed like Williams gave up for a bit, which is not surprising for a true freshman QB that is given no real QB coaching to transition to college, and who watched a scrub like Rosier get favorable treatment, and a OC stubbornly try to force-fit an ineffectual, archaic offensive game plan every game no matter how little sense it made. He likely felt like he had no chance, hence the desire to transfer. Was that the most mature way to handle it? Of course not, but he was also a true freshman. Since then reports are he's spent his breaks getting additional private QB coaching, he lost all of the bad weight he put on, and he too has been working after practice.

We have 3 dual threat qbs in competition to lead the canes in 2019. Each one coming with his own strengths and flaws. Enos coached 2 dual threat qbs last season and was able to teach, train, and bring out the best in each one.

I only seen Tate throw after one practice...should we just assume he did that the entire 1st week like assuming that Perry or JW hasn't put in any xtra work. Bias claims is not going to win Tate the job. Why are some keep bringing up last season mishaps when you have not seen anything like that under this regime. Are you hoping that something happens so Tate's odds are better to be qb1. You had receivers, Brevin and maybe others who were just as frustrated with the offense and coaching as the young qbs. Really, all the recollections that keep coming up about the guys not taking it serious or getting in trouble is irrelevant at this point. But in life ppl will continue to remind you of what you did in the past and why you can't succed. I hope these boys prove y'all wrong by winning the job and leading us to an acc championship this season, in 2019.
I dont care who wins the job. I want the qb who gives us the best chance to beat Florida. Not sure what you have against Tate but it is what it is. And yes, in life people will remind you of your past until you show them something different. Thats life bruh. Coach Diaz was there last season and went and got a transfer qb for a reason. If they want it they better show coach something different and go out there and win it.

I dont care who wins the job. I want the qb who gives us the best chance to beat Florida. Not sure what you have against Tate but it is what it is. And yes, in life people will remind you of your past until you show them something different. Thats life bruh. Coach Diaz was there last season and went and got a transfer qb for a reason. If they want it they better show coach something different and go out there and win it.
Better coaching seen Tate for 2 yrs and decided to go to the portal, so whats your point...i dont have anything against Tate, i defend the others being attacked to validate and hype up Tate.

Advertisement
To take advantage of our skill positions and minimize the OL's issues, we need someone that is accurate in the short and intermediate game, not the guy with the strongest arm.

Better coaching seen Tate for 2 yrs and decided to go to the portal, so whats your point...i dont have anything against Tate, i defend the others being attacked to validate and hype up Tate.
How many times does it have to be explained that Urban picked Tate for his offense. Urban is gone and Day is running his offense and he picked his QB.

Advertisement
How many times does it have to be explained that Urban picked Tate for his offense. Urban is gone and Day is running his offense and he picked his QB.
It doesn't matter who's your guy or not if you got this " stud young qb" on campus... You mean Ryan Day didn't see all this majesty that a lot canes fans gathered from his hs career and QB1 documentary...Tate might make a good slot receiver if it don't pan out😜...we could sure use those running skills since he likes to get in the open field. All hype, this ain't a loaded hs team.

It doesn't matter who's your guy or not if you got this " stud young qb" on campus... You mean Ryan Day didn't see all this majesty that a lot canes fans gathered from his hs career and QB1 documentary...Tate might make a good slot receiver if it don't pan out😜...we could sure use those running skills since he likes to get in the open field. All hype, this ain't a loaded hs team.
He's a different QB than what Day is running and you mean the high school team that played a national top schedule, winning titles and going 43-0 with Tate at the helm?

Total B/S.......come on. QB in to a slot receiver when we do not even have a QB.
Good lawd.....go take your pills.

Advertisement
Back