Tate Martell đź‘€

Some people think he acts like a jerk. I want him to be OUR JERK!!! Who's ready to going back to being hated by everyone? Manny is too likable, but we can work around that. Having a QB who acts like a jerk and then beats the pants off the D is a much welcomed wake up and change!! Bring it on!!! Tater Tot!! We await you and your brash arrogance!! And, don't forget to gloat and get the occasional celebration penalty as long as it's not at a crucial moment in a tight game.

Advertisement
He took 5 semesters of college credits while also attending high school and playing football? Is he Doogie Howser?
I knew kids from my high school that were taking credit as soon as junior year. It’s possible if he has that kind of determination.

Advertisement
We can agree to disagree.

Dude has all the talent in the world and every college in the nation outside of Ohio state, Clemson, and bama would take him in a heartbeat

He's 10x better than anything we got in our locker room

We beat out Kentucky for jarren Williams, we'll near out every team in the country for this dude

Not sure what you're basing your assessment on that would make you think Martell is 10x better, but we beat OSU out for Jarren and Alabama made a late run at him as well. I was simply observing the fact that our own fans underestimate the talent in our QB room. Nothing against Martell, as I said, the more talent in our QB room the better. And as you said, we can agree to disagree.

Question. Idk if it’s been mentioned but let’s say he is eligible immediately.... would he be eligible to play for 2 or 3 years?

Meyer always had rpo qb's, it was the reason I always thought he was a gimmick coach. I wanted no part of that offense for years. Haskins different qb though. First real drop back passing qb he had sans maybe Leak at UiF, and calling him a drop back passer is a stretch. Meyer had Tebow type qb's everywhere he was, even at Bowling Green. Personally I thought that held OSU back for years, which I was happy about. At this point after years of terrible qb play, I don't care what we do anymore. Just win

He's been successful for 15+ years running that offense. There is nothing gimmicky about it. The fact is pro-styles do not win in college anymore unless u recruit the lineman that Bama does, or get a once in a decade type pro-style QB like Lawrence. U have a better chance of success now spreading defenses out and having a dual-threat QB.

Advertisement
That would be 75 college credits. Not believing it.
I knew kids that were legitimately taking 2-3 classes at Broward college by junior year and would leave around 11-12 to go do it. So let’s say each class was 3 credits each(like BC) and lets say he took 3 classes each during junior and senior year of high school(18 credits). That would leave 19 classes for 2 years...absolutely doable.

Not saying this is what happened, just trying to point out that it is possible.

He's been successful for 15+ years running that offense. There is nothing gimmicky about it. The fact is pro-styles do not win in college anymore unless u recruit the lineman that Bama does, or get a once in a decade type pro-style QB like Lawrence. U have a better chance of success now spreading defenses out and having a dual-threat QB.
Oh I agree, took me years to have that approach though as I thought it was a lower level school thing to do. My point was really that Haskins was the first NFL ready qb he has really had, Smith was ehhh. Was in response to some prior posts about his qb's. They were college qb's only.

You start with 60 credits just for being named "Tathan".

Did That dude go to college? He’s a sophomore, full schedule, take a couple of summer classes, easy online courses and enroll in this spring. By summer he should have a BS. How about college courses he took in Highschool.
When I got to college I already had 20 credits.

Advertisement
I knew kids that were legitimately taking 2-3 classes at Broward college by junior year and would leave around 11-12 to go do it. So let’s say each class was 3 credits each(like BC) and lets say he took 3 classes each during junior and senior year of high school(18 credits). That would leave 19 classes for 2 years...absolutely doable.

Not saying this is what happened, just trying to point out that it is possible.

Why would anyone ever want to do such a thing. College girls are a gift from God.

Apparently Martell is graduating in the spring so he can play right away. If we get him our team will be SAVAGE

EDIT: this is according to OSU boards so don't take my word for it

According to Bubba Bolden tweet Martell ain't sitting, so he probably would be at OSU until May then transfer

Advertisement
You’d think actually sitting increases his chances of coming here if Hurts comes as well. What a month

Well we aren’t getting Martell and Hurts. So assuming they both want to come, do you take Hurts for one year or Martell for 2?

Advertisement
Back