Tate Martell đź‘€

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespu...-could-influence-where-tate-martell-lands/amp

From the article:

"The timing of a departure raises more questions. He is believed to be on track to graduate in May, which would enable him to go to another program and be eligible immediately."

Not true. In the words of the OSU guy "unless he is Doogie Hauser" he isn't graduating in May. He has only been on campus for 2 years.

I think the confusion is coming with people thinking he will get some kind of waiver from the NCAA.

And the consensus on the OSU boards is either Martell went to Ryan Day and asked what the deal was with Fields or Day had 'the talk" with Martell and basically told him Fields was his guy. That's probably why he suddenly put his name in the portal

Advertisement
I think the reason why so many of our fans like him is because he is accurate for that system and he has good tape. But he is nowhere close to NFL ready and I am pretty sure he isn't good enough at this POINT to beat Clemson, Bama, UGA, Ohio State with Fields. But he has a lot more development left in him.

I am completely unsold on Perry. Just doesn't have to will or drive for the QB position.

Jarren has potential but there is a reason he didn't play while have a ready body and throwing talent. Because his accuracy is terribad. 55% in HS. He has to really really develop to become a legit college star QB. But if Jarren develops, he could be a NFL prospect. He has the Football IQ, he has intangibles, and he crazy talented.

We had QB's talented play like Morris and Kaaya but Williams is more talented but his accuracy is FCS level right now. He is going to need a lot of development especially considering, he is not all that fast to rely on his legs.

If I am Jarren, I think I would go. Not because I don't think Enos can develop me. Just that if Tate comes, I won't see the field till my RS Senior year unless Tate leaves for the NFL as a Junior. He could transfer to Kentucky and start as a RS Soph while maybe not being all that ready, still getting early reps. I personally think he needs to wait to play ANYWHERE till his RS Junior season. He is just too raw when it comes to accuracy.
Your comment is fair. I'm not sold on Martell and I haven't given up on N'kosi. N'kosi has to decide what he wants out of life. If he wants to ball and be an NFL QB, he has the talent, but not the mindset. At the elite level where everyone has the tools, it's about what's between the ears. N'kosi has not helped himself. He could have a Gerald Willis moment and turn everything around or he can be a JAG. That's up to him. He needs to decide now and not waste his time or the programs. It's all in or get out!!!

The good news is the more competition will produce a better starting QB regardless of who it is..

Hes only 5'11 too. Seems kinda small
That's why I gave the Rosier comparison. He's probably not a true 5'11". More like 5'9"-5'10". I just don't like the way he throws. Looks mechanical. Not natural. Needs to move around the pocket to see the field. Will get balls batted down a la Rosier.

That's why I gave the Rosier comparison. He's probably not a true 5'11". More like 5'9"-5'10". I just don't like the way he throws. Looks mechanical. Not natural. Needs to move around the pocket to see the field. Will get balls batted down a la Rosier.
He is nothing like rosier. Kid actually has talent and can play QB at an elite level lol

Advertisement
Personally I don’t care if ANY player is NFL ready when they get here or leave here.Tired of worrying about how they will be in the NFL and more worried about how they play at U of M.

Do I hope they ALL go play at the next level?Without a doubt.

But I’m tired of worrying about the NFL.Its time we worry about the U of M

Then move him out the pocket why force him in a system that won’t work for him. A good OC will play to the strengths of his QB. Let the kid run and if Enos is the qb whisperer that people keep saying he is then he’ll find a way to get the best of his arm too.

at this point height shouldn’t be an issue. If the kid has the goods he has the goods. Saw Kyler Murray play live at the OB... no way he’s over 5’8 and he plays behind one of the biggest OL in college football. I believe their avg height was 6’5. Not saying Tate it Murray but height shouldn’t be a concern from what we’ve been seeing lately

Advertisement
Interesting situation. Martell doesn't want to sit and wait or compete with Fields. What does he think about Hurts coming to Miami as well? Hurts wants to go somewhere he knows he'll start. I feel if we get Hurts then Martell goes elsewhere. I like Martells swag but I would take Hurts, his leadership, experience and relationship with the new OC. Can't wait to see this play out.

hurts and Martell do NOT affect each other. hurts can only play in 2019. Martell CANNOT play in 2019 as he has to sit out a year for transferring. Martell would be able to play in 2020 and hurts would be gone by then

hurts and Martell do NOT affect each other. hurts can only play in 2019. Martell CANNOT play in 2019 as he has to sit out a year for transferring. Martell would be able to play in 2020 and hurts would be gone by then
Again, word is martell will be eligible to play immediately

Advertisement
Rosier did not have a history or issue getting balls batted down. No more than anyone else. You sound like a moron.

And 25,000 in the seats when it’s announced 40k? I don’t care if you’re a graduate, you’re a moron. It’s far from 25k.

Advertisement
Can’t trust Perry or Weldon. JW is a big ?. Bring in Hurts, Martell, and a freshman (Plumlee) and re stock the QB room in 1 offseason.

I'm not a head coach but what you said is exactly what I would do. Grab Hurts, accept Martell's transfer, and recruit Plumlee. If Weldon, Perry, and Williams transfers so be it. A QB room of Hurts, Martell, and Plumlee > Williams, Perry, and Weldon. And it isn't even close.

Advertisement
Back