Tate just tweeted...

Advertisement
I don't know what else he could have used but always felt the race thing was extremely weak. Either way it makes me wonder how he got approved in a month.

hes the exception. also seems to me that his app may been submitted sooner than anyone really knows?

Advertisement
No doubt. His whole waiver case was a sham.

.... then again, so is Tate's. 🤫

No its not. Tate left cause all the coaches that brought him to Ohio Taint are gone and the new coach hand picked Fields to come in and be the Day 1 starter. This literally shows he never had a fair chance at being the starter there. If its true that Fields didn't use the racial slur from baseball in his transfer request then he literally ran from competition knowing he wasn't beating out Fromm for the starting spot.

No its not. Tate left cause all the coaches that brought him to Ohio Taint are gone and the new coach hand picked Fields to come in and be the Day 1 starter. This literally shows he never had a fair chance at being the starter there. If its true that Fields didn't use the racial slur from baseball in his transfer request then he literally ran from competition knowing he wasn't beating out Fromm for the starting spot.
My point was the fact you aren't going win playing time is not supposed to be a reason for a waiver to be granted. If Fields truly did not use the racial issue as part of his request (which, again, I don't believe for a second) then I can't see ANY basis why he would be entitled to one under the current rules.

Not even mentioning the wife beater, suspension and subsequent "retirement" of his head coach who hand picked him for his offense. Every coach who recruited him is now gone and most as a result of a very hostile environment, Tate's case is a thousand percent better than Fields'.

Advertisement
Fields' lawyer stated that they didn't use the racial incident for his waiver. He didn't say what they did use but was adamant that it had nothing to do with that.

Interesting. But also interesting they didn't say what they used. NCAA probably saw the writing on the wall because if they denied him you know that would have been used in the appeal and be bad publicity for NCAA. That was their ace in the hole and NCAA knew it.

Interesting. But also interesting they didn't say what they used. NCAA probably saw the writing on the wall because if they denied him you know that would have been used in the appeal and be bad publicity for NCAA. That was their ace in the hole and NCAA knew it.
And this is exactly what I think Tate's lawyer is doing with the domestic violence issue. They can disguise it with whatever cover they want but Tate was inside that program for 2 years and I'm willing to bet he knows things they don't want public.

Advertisement
Reynolds calling out the frauds at the NCAA:

OSU doesn't want their dirty laundry hung out in public. The NCAA has it in for us, because their @$$hat leader is in bed with Nick Saban. It's the reason they did their **** best to bury us, and took their time doing it. It allowed every team recruiting against us to use it as ammo. It was calculated, and it came from the top.

I'd figure that any waiver negotiation involving an attorney is both confidential and privileged, so we'll never know the full story with regard to any student athlete's waiver. Now if there happened to be a lawsuit over a denied waiver claim, then perhaps that's a different story and it'd be made public. Or, it's possible that it'd be heavily redacted or even not made public like a lot of family law matters or anything involving a confidential informant.

And this is exactly what I think Tate's lawyer is doing with the domestic violence issue. They can disguise it with whatever cover they want but Tate was inside that program for 2 years and I'm willing to bet he knows things they don't want public.

Maybe but not as strong as the race card. How can Tate claim he is personally impacted by the domestic violence of someone else who is also a different gender? At least Fields could claim he was a direct victim.

Advertisement
Ok let me help you out here, no where in my original statement did I say that this cryptic tweet meant anything, I literally began my statement with it could mean nothing, I did allude to the fact this could possibly mean something, given the timing of the departure of CW, 1 day before the beginning of spring practice, just as Jess Simpson departed only to be replaced a few hours later, the same can apply in this case, idc if this tweet doesn’t mean nothing at the end of the day, I only started that it can possibly mean something.
Found DBC

Maybe but not as strong as the race card. How can Tate claim he is personally impacted by the domestic violence of someone else who is also a different gender? At least Fields could claim he was a direct victim.
I agree with this. While I think the Fields racial thing was complete BS in terms of that necessitating him needing a waiver, at least that was an incident directed at him. How does the fact one of the OSU coaches had DV issues with his wife off campus, have any impact on Martell whatsoever? The reality is, it doesn't - unless you're simply trying to find a spin to further his cause.

Advertisement
Back