Tate just tweeted...

2 logical explanations:

1. The NCAA is dragging this out after everyone complained of Fields’ easy transfer. This is their excuse to make us wait.

2. The decision was made (denied) and Miami and Tate are fighting through appeals.

Advertisement
I think the NCAA faxed the denial to Miami of Ohio like 3 weeks ago and Helen the 78 yr old secretary there has it sitting on her desk as she contemplates whether it'd need one or two stamps to send it to us in the mail.

That'd make more sense than the NCAA taking this long. Not that it'd improve his chances but I bet we're a week or two away from Tate's lawyer at minimum saying something passive aggressive in public.
Manny and Blake have already commented that they expected a decision by now. One was on Joe Rose and the other I think the Herald. After that, they said they expect a decision soon. Seems as they're already starting to poke the bear.

2 logical explanations:

1. The NCAA is dragging this out after everyone complained of Fields’ easy transfer. This is their excuse to make us wait.

2. The decision was made (denied) and Miami and Tate are fighting through appeals.

fields is the exception on speed

NCAA President, Mark Emmert, holds a passionate, violent, boiling hatred for the University of Miami. He saw Shapiro as his MOAB (Mother of All Bombs), which is why before the Yahoo! story was corroborated, he announced that the death penalty was on the table.

Emmert believes, and rightly so, he will be hailed as a hero in the college football world if he succeeds in his quest to apply the death penalty to UM’s football program.

Should Tate receive a waiver it will only happen after Emmert has exhausted every possibility to prevent said waiver from being granted.

Advertisement
Come on already with this BS NCAA

raw

Ver, you've been around here for a while. Did you really just say that? After enduring the nightmare 2-year long Shapiro "investigation", does anything really surprise you when it comes to UM and the NCAA? I wouldn't be surprised if they drag this out until August 23rd.
The fields decision skewed my thinking tbh

Advertisement
e
2 logical explanations:

The issue with the Field's transfer is totally different due to the racial undertones and claims. Tate's situation is nowhere near the same. Kind of surprised people are comparing the two as if they were similar.

The issue with the Field's transfer is totally different due to the racial undertones and claims. Tate's situation is nowhere near the same. Kind of surprised people are comparing the two as if they were similar.
Fields' lawyer stated that they didn't use the racial incident for his waiver. He didn't say what they did use but was adamant that it had nothing to do with that.

Advertisement

Fields lawyer said the race issue wasn’t included in the waiver application.

Advertisement
I think the NCAA faxed the denial to Miami of Ohio like 3 weeks ago and Helen the 78 yr old secretary there has it sitting on her desk as she contemplates whether it'd need one or two stamps to send it to us in the mail.

That'd make more sense than the NCAA taking this long. Not that it'd improve his chances but I bet we're a week or two away from Tate's lawyer at minimum saying something passive aggressive in public.

Helen is just a cog in the wheel. I get what you're saying, but blaming her is kind of like blaming the camera man for Shia Labeouf's acting career.

So once the decision is made by the NCAA does it become public knowledge or does the school make the announcement public?

Advertisement
Back