Tarvarus McFadden gets his Miami offer

Tarvarus McFadden ‏@Tee_Time24 38m
@SJB_6 oh ya but better late then never .

this is what i like to see. he seems grateful

At the end of the day every one starts at 0 on day one of stepping on a football field for a chosen College. Entitlement is a *****. Great answer by McFadden.

I miss the days where wanting to play for the hometown school was at the top of reasons for choosing a school. Now it's 'who can give me the most before I step on the field for them'. We have sophomores already knocking the hometown school that has an overall academic acceptance rate of less than 40%. Both in the classroom and on the field, it's called having a select few. Shouldn't that be valued?

Out of 100's of football players from Miami that go on to play division 1, less than 25% get an offer from The U, you would think that just getting an offer would be a great accomplishment, even if you go on an sing with someone else.

Advertisement
It's funny how one sentence can change your look on someone. I actually gained a lot of respect for McFadden from that one reply when faced with the negativity Bruce put in front of him. Whether he comes here or not, that's kind of how things should be treated.

Sam Bruce XI ‏@SJB_6 1m

@Tee_Time24 they took forever to offer you, and then they be wondering why nobody wanna go there.

435.gif

At the end of the day every one starts at 0 on day one of stepping on a football field for a chosen College. Entitlement is a ****. Great answer by McFadden.

I miss the days where wanting to play for the hometown school was at the top of reasons for choosing a school. Now it's 'who can give me the most before I step on the field for them'. We have sophomores already knocking the hometown school that has an overall academic acceptance rate of less than 40%. Both in the classroom and on the field, it's called having a select few. Shouldn't that be valued?

Out of 100's of football players from Miami that go on to play division 1, less than 25% get an offer from The U, you would think that just getting an offer would be a great accomplishment, even if you go on an sing with someone else.

There are still kids who want to play for the home town team, Duke and Chad, but a lot of kids are not going to want to do it if the home town team is bad, poorly coached, doesn't develop players, etc. And I don't think its about who can give them more, more about what school offers more once there. While you can come to UM you can also go to a school with the best coaching at your position which is why I think a lot of kids spurn us, not for money as a lot of posters insinuate; UF(DL), FSU(DB), Bama(any position). Kids are now looking for that place that will maximize their skill set or at least make them the best player they can be.

Advertisement
You would think the coaches of these kids would tell them not to bash schools, unless the coaches feel the same way.

This imo I dont like it but it is what it is at this point and I only blame one entity the administration for hiring two ****** coaches in a row with the jury out on the third.

This is a ****ty situation for our program. These kids feel entitled to an offer because we don't win. Since we don't win, we don't have a high demand. Without that demand, these kids think they should be offered just for playing in the area. It's kind of like that with some of the big time kids in Nashville. Vanderbilt doesn't win, so in their minds (from those kids I have spoken to) feel like Vandy should be begging for them to come play for them because they don't win enough to keep the kids waiting. If/When we start winning again, we can 'big time' all the recruits we want because guess what? We will be big time and we can. Just win and this **** stops. Unfortunately with the way things have been going who knows when that will start happening.

I think it's clear golden is just trying to make these kids appreciate the Miami offer more than they have in the (recent) past. Whether he is in the
Position to do so or not is a different story.

Forget facilities, fans, stadium, class size, and everything else. The bottom line is that kids want to play for a winning team PERIOD.

If and when we start winning big again everyone down here will stay home year in and year out.

I understand its a chicken and the egg type of situation because we need the best players possible to win big but we need to do it with the player we are getting and once we start winning (BCS Bowl games... And conference championships) year in and year out it will open the flood gates and all of these players will stay home and play for The U

/lock recruiting board

Advertisement

At the end of the day every one starts at 0 on day one of stepping on a football field for a chosen College. Entitlement is a ****. Great answer by McFadden.

There are still kids who want to play for the home town team, Duke and Chad, but a lot of kids are not going to want to do it if the home town team is bad, poorly coached, doesn't develop players, etc. And I don't think its about who can give them more, more about what school offers more once there. While you can come to UM you can also go to a school with the best coaching at your position which is why I think a lot of kids spurn us, not for money as a lot of posters insinuate; UF(DL), FSU(DB), Bama(any position). Kids are now looking for that place that will maximize their skill set or at least make them the best player they can be.

Florida and FSU are in a better position then us right now and we are the local program. We need to be offering and recruiting these kids early then the other schools. Why is every other school capable of offering love and early offers and we arent. Instead of blaming the kids, a lot of you in here need to realize that the blame lands with golden. The game has changed and if he doesnt change with it we wont go the best kids in south florida unless they are a big cane fan. We cannot rely on big cane fans. We need those 5 stars or top underrated kids who FSU has been getting the last 5 years. We have been dominated in south florida and it is pathetic. I just hope Golden adjusts his strategy and starts to recruit like it is 2014

Florida and FSU are in a better position then us right now and we are the local program. We need to be offering and recruiting these kids early then the other schools. Why is every other school capable of offering love and early offers and we arent. Instead of blaming the kids, a lot of you in here need to realize that the blame lands with golden. The game has changed and if he doesnt change with it we wont go the best kids in south florida unless they are a big cane fan. We cannot rely on big cane fans. We need those 5 stars or top underrated kids who FSU has been getting the last 5 years. We have been dominated in south florida and it is pathetic. I just hope Golden adjusts his strategy and starts to recruit like it is 2014

We just beat UF when they were at full strength and they went 4-8 and lost to an average FCS TEAM... We are in much better shape than UF right now GTFOH with this lol..

Tarvarus McFadden ‏@Tee_Time24 12m

Offered by university of Florida today #GatorNation 🐊🐊

Advertisement

Offered by university of Florida today #GatorNation
but, but why did they wait so long to offer him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i promise you wont hear players saying how late that Uf came but whatever

Offered by university of Florida today #GatorNation
but, but why did they wait so long to offer him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i promise you wont hear players saying how late that Uf came but whatever
Let me know when South Florida becomes UF's recruiting base. Then again, based on this past cycle...it pretty much is.

Offered by university of Florida today #GatorNation ����
Let me know when South Florida becomes UF's recruiting base. Then again, based on this past cycle...it pretty much is.

Dan, you're more sophisticated than that!
Can't you see the big difference? UF and FSU can offer early and often then change their minds and drop recruits then never hear anyone in SF complain about it. Imagine if Miami does that. What if Miami offered Treon Harris since his junior year then at the end told him to look around he is not needed. Have you heard local coaches, players or media complain about FSU telling SF commits to find other schools late in the process?

Having SF as a "recruiting base" is both an advantage and also a disadvantage. Please stop asking to offer everybody early. It will backfire.

Advertisement
LMAO. We were "Late" with our offer.

UF Offers. Not a peep. Im sure he's #Blessed

Can't you see the big difference? UF and FSU can offer early and often then change their minds and drop recruits then never hear anyone in SF complain about it. Imagine if Miami does that. What if Miami offered Treon Harris since his junior year then at the end told him to look around he is not needed. Have you heard local coaches, players or media complain about FSU telling SF commits to find other schools late in the process?

Having SF as a "recruiting base" is both an advantage and also a disadvantage. Please stop asking to offer everybody early. It will backfire.
I didn't ask to offer everybody early. I'll take the disadvantage of having south florida as my favorite team's recruiting base every day of the week and twice on sunday.

I didn't ask to offer everybody early. I'll take the disadvantage of having south florida as my favorite team's recruiting base every day of the week and twice on sunday.
Of course you do and I will too. But at the same time you have to use that advantage prudently. Local coaches and handlers are waiting on us to make a mistake.

Advertisement
Back