Tarvarus McFadden gets his Miami offer

When is this staff going to learn that they need to camp out at hospitals. Every boy born in south Florida should have an offer by the time they take their first breath.

Advertisement
Sam Bruce thoughts.....

Sam Bruce XI ‏@SJB_6 2m
@Tee_Time24 this late?

Sam Bruce XI ‏@SJB_6 1m
Miami be trying the big time SoFlo athletes!

Here we go again getting bashed by recruits. we dont offer we get bashed. we offer we get bashed. but when Florida offers him they will be like #theswamp and "you going to be a gator" and all kind of stupid ****. i guess Fla and Fla st never try recruits huh? i hate stupid stuff like that.

My Gators still haven't offered McFadden but he also didnt camp there if that is an excuse. These Sofla kids think they are entitled to a Miami offer.

Last edited:
LMFAO. Recruiting has become a joke, especially in So Fla. This is why ANY coach, not handing out bags of cash, is going to have a whale of a time recruiting at UM. Now you are disrespecting them if you offer them as JUNIORS in HS, because you didnt offer them "early" enough. You just cant win.

What's next, they will get ****ed off if you didnt offer as a Soph. Then as a Frosh, then "why did you offer that one kid in 8th grade, but not me".

At the rate this is going, kids are goign to have beefs if they dont get offered playing Pop Warner football. You just cant win with some of these **** kids.

Doesn't Bruce have an offer? What's his gripe?

Complain about them not offering kids all you want, but a year in advance shouldn't be that big if a deal.

Advertisement
Sam Bruce thoughts.....

Sam Bruce XI ‏@SJB_6 2m
@Tee_Time24 this late?

Sam Bruce XI ‏@SJB_6 1m
Miami be trying the big time SoFlo athletes!

Here we go again getting bashed by recruits. we dont offer we get bashed. we offer we get bashed. but when Florida offers him they will be like #theswamp and "you going to be a gator" and all kind of stupid ****. i guess Fla and Fla st never try recruits huh? i hate stupid stuff like that.

My Gators still haven't offered McFadden but he also ddint camp there if that is an excuse. These Sofla kids think they are entitled to a Miami offer.

BINGO. Other programs can come in late, and its "oh Im blessed that *** offered me". But if its UM, its an entitlement to get an early offer. Its almost like you lowered their "street cred" by not offering them early enough.

I'm literally almost over recruiting South FL.

Not really, but ****

I know right? I want the S FL talent, but some of these kids are going to have a real rude awakening if football doesn't work out.

lol...i wish i could have said some of this **** to employers back in the day..."yo, its my sophomore year of college and you ain't offer me a job yet? wtf?"

Twitter has only made all this **** worse.

These high school kids really do think they are stars.

My children will never have twitter

people on the boards need to stop talking negative when a kid decides to commit to a school that has been recruiting him longer.

Let's not act like Miami is wrong here. Offer early, kid will ***** about his boy not being offered. Offer late, kid will act like the sky is falling.. Meanwhile they'll commit to a school like WVU who offers early, talk about loyality.. then decommit once Bama/Ohio St offer late in the game, long after Miami did. Optimist football breeds entitlement mindsets.

Advertisement
I thought the since of entitlement thing was overblown, but this social media **** has shown how bad it actually is.

Any once kinda think it's ironic that this attitude seems to diffusing from kids that either are/were associated with U School and/or American Heritage?

19.jpeg

Advertisement
The sense of entitlement gets worse and worse every year. Outside of thumping your chest on twitter and stuff, why does it matter WHEN you get that offer? If you wanna go somewhere like Miami, FSU, UGA, etc., what difference does it make whether you get it two years before graduation or 8 months? These kids are taking a business decision and treating it like a scorned woman would with all this emotion and pride.

To each their own and I respect their ability to do whatever they please (lord knows I wasn't the brightest 16 year old), but ****.

Tarvarus McFadden ‏@Tee_Time24 38m
@SJB_6 oh ya but better late then never .

this is what i like to see. he seems grateful

He's excited that he can now legitimately light the Miami hat on fire after he drops a crap on it at his announcement ceremony.

Advertisement
This is a ****** situation for our program. These kids feel entitled to an offer because we don't win. Since we don't win, we don't have a high demand. Without that demand, these kids think they should be offered just for playing in the area. It's kind of like that with some of the big time kids in Nashville. Vanderbilt doesn't win, so in their minds (from those kids I have spoken to) feel like Vandy should be begging for them to come play for them because they don't win enough to keep the kids waiting. If/When we start winning again, we can 'big time' all the recruits we want because guess what? We will be big time and we can. Just win and this **** stops. Unfortunately with the way things have been going who knows when that will start happening.

At some point in the future, Golden is going to have to put a megaphone on a pregnant woman's stomach and offer the kid while he's still in the womb to make him happy. But even that won't be early enough. Inevitably some other clown will ask him, "Why Goldman offer so late? Urban put the megaphone on my daddy ******* to give me my offer. #O-H-I-O #BuckeyeNation"

Our coaching staff obviously has a ton of '****ed it up' on their recent resume, but SoFla diva-tude is on full display in the Bruce comment.

I can tell you that one reason south Florida kids feel that way is UM is local to them and they see the coaches on a regular basis and can make camps and open practices much easier than some schools but when a kid is getting offered from a school 1000 miles from here what is it that they are seeing in the kid that Um isn't to make them offer. Granted a verbal offer means jack and we all know this but in the end isn't it all about building a relationship between the school and athlete and if some kids need to hear a verbal offer then do it even if they are a junior.

Some of these kids do have a sense of entitlement which dampens the situation but when you have kids that grew up Miami fans, attend all the camps and things of that nature and all they want is an offer and are getting offered from every other school in the country, yeah I have a problem with that.

Advertisement
Back