Tarquin wavering ...

Advertisement
People arguing with me on why Blake needs to intervene. Malzhan and Richt had similar years last year and this year - won a division title with 10 wins. This year, disappointing seasons going 7-5. Malzhan has his contract restructured to reduce his buyout by Auburn's AD. Meanwhile, Blake hasn't done ****. So what are you guys arguing exactly?
I’m arguing the fact that they are one of the best recruiting teams in the country. Their only losses should be Alabama and Georgia yearly. They shouldn’t loose to UCF and Tennessee in year 7

People arguing with me on why Blake needs to intervene. Malzhan and Richt had similar years last year and this year - won a division title with 10 wins. This year, disappointing seasons going 7-5. Malzhan has his contract restructured to reduce his buyout by Auburn's AD. Meanwhile, Blake hasn't done ****. So what are you guys arguing exactly?

the auburn boosters stepped in, The AD just said a few weeks ago that Malzhan would be back. We don't have enough big money boosters to make a power play over the AD.

Your statement is true, but so is the OPs. Missouri is ranked in the top-25; UF is in their first year with Mullen. Florida is ranked in the top-10.

So as the OP said, “Mullen and his staff are just sticking it to MR and all of us posters here.”
Florida is ranked in the top 10 even though they lost to Kentucky and are third in the SEC easy. Where is Kentucky ranked?

Malzahn is 7-5 in year 7. Richt is 7-5 in year 3. Malzahn got a slap on the wrist y’all want Richt to loose his job. We lost to LSU on the road they lost to them at home.

Advertisement

The difference is the guy has averaged five losses a year for five straight years. All with recruiting classes in the top 5-10 every single year.

The two situations are completely different.

What does KY’s rank have to do with anything?
Kentucky should be ranked above them. Florida should not be a 9-3 top 10 team if Kentucky isn’t. Kentucky has the same record and beat them head to head. Kentucky has also lost 2/3 on the road while Florida has lost 2 of their 3 losses at home. UF is not a top 10 team that’s my point.

My guy Auburn is a team that has finished top 10 in recruiting in 4 of the last 5 years. They have studs all over and they lost to UCF and now Went 7-4 this season.

Ok. So basically Auburn has more talent in their division with the exception of Alabama and quite possibly LSU. Yet they went 7-5 this year. Where have I heard that one before?

The difference is the guy has averaged five losses a year for five straight years. All with recruiting classes in the top 5-10 every single year.

The two situations are completely different.

Are they? Auburn's not more talented than Bama and has to play UGA every year. You could argue talent level with LSU as well. It's actually not that different because we have more talent in our division than every other team. So please explain to me what the difference is. Richt has had 4-game losing streaks in every year he's coached at Miami while having more talent than every other team in the division and arguably the conference (sans Clemson).

Advertisement
Florida just got demolished at home by mizzou 4 weeks ago.
We looked horrible the majority of the year on offense and special teams. These kids see the poor OL play and the fans displeasure with the coaching staff as a whole. Like it or not this is what has some of this kids uneasy about the program.

It sounds like a flip is on the horizon to me. He's one, possibly 2 recruits that we can't afford to flip because it's a very real possibility that we won't have any OL committed come the early signing period.

I’m arguing the fact that they are one of the best recruiting teams in the country. Their only losses should be Alabama and Georgia yearly. They shouldn’t loose to UCF and Tennessee in year 7

And we shouldn't be losing to Duke, UVA, GT and BC in a row in year 3. My point was, Auburn's AD did something about it (you could argue their board/boosters did, but that's semantics). Meanwhile, our ticket salesman is just collecting paychecks.

And we shouldn't be losing to Duke, UVA, GT and BC in a row in year 3. My point was, Auburn's AD did something about it (you could argue their board/boosters did, but that's semantics). Meanwhile, our ticket salesman is just collecting paychecks.
Yea in year 7. Not 3.

Advertisement
Yea in year 7. Not 3.

At that point it really shouldn't matter. Malzahn also had cache in his tenure given that he was the OC that was the driving force with Cam that won them a natty in 2010. Also, he had them within a hair of a national title in year 1 back in 2013. That's why he's had the leash he's had. Again, during Malzhan's tenure, it never got this bad with recruiting and vibe in Auburn's program. He's even managed to beat Alabama multiple times in his career. And Gus was in year 6 this year, not 7. He started his HC tenure in 2013.

Are they? Auburn's not more talented than Bama and has to play UGA every year. You could argue talent level with LSU as well. It's actually not that different because we have more talent in our division than every other team. So please explain to me what the difference is. Richt has had 4-game losing streaks in every year he's coached at Miami while having more talent than every other team in the division and arguably the conference (sans Clemson).

The difference is Malzahn has had six full seasons of top 5-10 recruiting classes and is still losing 5 games EVERY year.

And for the record we have far less talent and depth than LSU, FSU, Wisconsin, Clemson and Notre Dame. Not every loss is within our division.

As far as Mullen goes, he has been as lucky to pull out wins as we were last year. He had to bench his starting QB at home while getting wailed on by a .500 team just three weeks ago.

And remember, not long ago people were saying the same thing about his giant toothed predecessor and look where he ended up.

Doesn't change our situation, we are in trouble and Richt has to accept the fact he needs to turn the reigns over to someone else offensively. But the short sightedness of some making instant comparisons in favor of Mullen is pretty incredible.

Advertisement
In the last 5 years (‘14-‘18 classes) Wisconsin has finished no better than 32nd in recruiting, yet they have better talent than Miami? Stop the narrative peddling.

His initial point is valid: Auburn’s AD is not ******* around with Malzahn even though Malzahn has won some huge football games.

Wisconsin has had program stability and an established system for years where they redshirt, strengthen and develop players. The team we played last year was loaded with grown *** men compared to ours.

The only true narrative is you are so blinded by your hatred for Richt to objectively see what is so obvious to just about everyone else. One coach has had six seasons of Top tiered recruiting and has averaged in losses what ours has done once and you want to fire him for it.

This is horsehit. UF plays in an actual football conference where a lot more than “ACC luck” is needed to actually win games. MULLEN DID THIS IN HIS FIRST YEAR. In Richt’s first year he was introducing the Miami fan base to a recurring theme: the 4 game losing streak.

Florida has looked better this year than Miami has in 2016, 2017, and obviously 2018. Trying to minimize Florida’s 9-3 only minimizes your arguments. Bringing all these extraneous examples doesn’t help in a year when Purdue crushed OSU and OSU obliterated Michigan. Florida beat LSU and LSU destroyed Miami. It is what it is.

Last time I checked we crushed two teams ranked 3rd and 12th by about 50 points last year didn’t we?

Didn’t we look good doing that?

I guess Florida’s wins this year’s were far better for some reason.

Last time I checked we crushed two teams ranked 3rd and 12th by about 50 points last year didn’t we?

Didn’t we look good doing that?

I guess Florida’s wins this year’s were far better for some reason.
Last year is 100% irrelevant in y’all discussion.

This is horsehit. UF plays in an actual football conference where a lot more than “ACC luck” is needed to actually win games. MULLEN DID THIS IN HIS FIRST YEAR. In Richt’s first year he was introducing the Miami fan base to a recurring theme: the 4 game losing streak.

Florida has looked better this year than Miami has in 2016, 2017, and obviously 2018. Trying to minimize Florida’s 9-3 only minimizes your arguments. Bringing all these extraneous examples doesn’t help in a year when Purdue crushed OSU and OSU obliterated Michigan. Florida beat LSU and LSU destroyed Miami. It is what it is.

Mic Drop

Advertisement
Back