Targeting vs not targeting

The only problem is he didn’t immediately throw the flag. He waited until Roche was about the catch the ball to throw the flag. Watch the replay, it’s quite obvious.
No. He threw the flag when the ball was snapped. Came out immediately.

I'm more ****ed off about the targeting Clemson got away with, while our guys have to tackle with their pinkies as to not draw a **** flag.

Advertisement
Honestly if this team pulls itself together and manages to run through the sched to UNC we need to spend the entire week leading up to the game bombing national media with a campaign for a fairly called game.

**** like #fairplay #accheat #AllCarolinaConference with the ****** screenshots we have all seen to all major purveyors of sports information. Im talkin cowherd, herbstreit, fowler, Desmond, all the acc shills on accn. Even the people who run all the conferences. We need to have these acc refs under a microscope. The only thing um fans should say when asked about the game that week is will the acc officials allow us to win the game.

I'm not saying the coaching staff needs to be part of this. We as fans just need to make sure the entire nation knows going into the game that miami fans expect to get cheated out of the game. We need to dare the acc to **** us and ensure every sideways horse**** call is under a microscope before the first snap. We should make one of the major storylines going into the game about officiating of miami in the acc.

Targeting HAS to be intentional and it has to be helmet to helmet.

The consequences are too severe for it to be anything but. Throwing a player out of the game for an incident that happens when two 200lb+ men are running at 15mph+ at each other is ridiculous. Especially when there's basically zero penalty for an offensive player lowering their helmet to initiate contact.

Keep it a personal foul penalty, but remove the ejection aspect of it unless it's absolutely a flagrant attempt to injure someone.
So you want refs to determine Intent now? Yeah that will take away the subjectivity...😕

Honestly if this team pulls itself together and manages to run through the sched to UNC we need to spend the entire week leading up to the game bombing national media with a campaign for a fairly called game.

**** like #fairplay #accheat #AllCarolinaConference with the ****** screenshots we have all seen to all major purveyors of sports information. Im talkin cowherd, herbstreit, fowler, Desmond, all the acc shills on accn. Even the people who run all the conferences. We need to have these acc refs under a microscope. The only thing um fans should say when asked about the game that week is will the acc officials allow us to win the game.

I'm not saying the coaching staff needs to be part of this. We as fans just need to make sure the entire nation knows going into the game that miami fans expect to get cheated out of the game. We need to dare the acc to **** us and ensure every sideways horse**** call is under a microscope before the first snap. We should make one of the major storylines going into the game about officiating of miami in the acc.

The department needs to grow a sack and bombard the officials office with all these calls discussing m especially the uncalled holding.

The opposing strategy against us is just ****, it, hold them. It won't be called anyway.

Disclaimer: not a game changing gripe here

But even Clemson just held the **** out of the DL all game

Advertisement
No. He threw the flag when the ball was snapped. Came out immediately.

I'm more ****ed off about the targeting Clemson got away with, while our guys have to tackle with their pinkies as to not draw a **** flag.
Nope nope nope...I recorded the game and I’ve watched that play at least 4 times. He didn’t start to even reach for the flag until the ball was almost In Roche’s arms.

Advertisement
Nope nope nope...I recorded the game and I’ve watched that play at least 4 times. He didn’t start to even reach for the flag until the ball was almost In Roche’s arms.
I could have sworn he threw it when the ball was snapped. Doesn't matter. Roche was clearly lined up past the line. I saw it before the play started. Same with the next snap.

I could have sworn he threw it when the ball was snapped. Doesn't matter. Roche was clearly lined up past the line. I saw it before the play started. Same with the next snap.
Did you also not see how on Clemsons first td two blocks in the back right where the ball carrier was going. It was unbelievable

Did you also not see how on Clemsons first td two blocks in the back right where the ball carrier was going. It was unbelievable
I saw what I saw. Just watched the play AGAIN. Dude, you are wrong. He had his hand on the flag before the ball was snapped because he saw him offsides. He pulled it out and threw it in the air. It LANDED around the time Roche made the breakup.

Listen, there were SEVERAL bad calls, and more horrible non calls. I'm not arguing that. What I am saying is that flag was thrown way before the pass was broken up. Pay closer attention. 54 second mark.

Still can’t launch with the crown of your helmet.
You’re correct but it’s 100 times more likely to be called and seen on a defenseless player. Like I said before, the Lawrence wasn’t even caught or called on the field. The only reasons it was later called later are because Lawrence was injured and the booth had time to see the replay and tell the ref to review it. If he wasn’t injured, that would have likely nOt been called either

Advertisement
The department needs to grow a sack and bombard the officials office with all these calls discussing m especially the uncalled holding.

The opposing strategy against us is just ****, it, hold them. It won't be called anyway.

Disclaimer: not a game changing gripe here

But even Clemson just held the **** out of the DL all game
Not just the D line. Their receivers were putting our DBs in a half Nelson on ever WR screen play they ran/

I officiate HS football in Virginia. Targeting isn’t an ejection in high school, at least in Virginia. Now, in relation to K Smith and NCAA rules I have no idea how this is Targeting. Leading with your helmet has always been a foul in football forever so let’s make that clear. We didn’t need targeting and all this other nonsense. K Smith definitely lowers his head and leads with the crown of the helmet, that’s his fault for his own health number 1 and 2, gave the officials a reason to the a flag. This is not targeting as I understand it because I thought contact had to be made above the shoulders of a defenseless player. NCAA ejected kids for this stuff is insane especially on K Smith. He shouldn’t hit with the top of his head though

I promise you if we don’t clean our stuff up we will get called for twenty five personal fouls and five targeting penalties against unc. Sam Howell is the next ACC golden boy after sunshine. And the Tobacco Road officiating crew will favor unc more than clemskn if that’s possible

Advertisement
I officiate HS football in Virginia. Targeting isn’t an ejection in high school, at least in Virginia. Now, in relation to K Smith and NCAA rules I have no idea how this is Targeting. Leading with your helmet has always been a foul in football forever so let’s make that clear. We didn’t need targeting and all this other nonsense. K Smith definitely lowers his head and leads with the crown of the helmet, that’s his fault for his own health number 1 and 2, gave the officials a reason to the a flag. This is not targeting as I understand it because I thought contact had to be made above the shoulders of a defenseless player. NCAA ejected kids for this stuff is insane especially on K Smith. He shouldn’t hit with the top of his head though
Goodness people, read the rule. Also has previous examples of exactly what’s smith did Saturday

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back