Tampa Bay Times says Gators over Canes

Advertisement
Forget for a minute how our DL compares to their DL, how does our OL match up against their DL and how good is their passing game? Only way we're losing is if their DL terrorizes our QB/shuts down the running game and if they have a good passing game to exploit our rookie secondary.

Tampa Bay media is pure ***. Their slobbering all over Devin White this draft process is the latest chapter in their hagiography of Jason Licht. The most prominent and respected Tampa Bay reporter has compared White to Luke Kuechly and Patrick Willis...FOH!

They shilled for the Lightning all year like fans then as soon as they get swept they're immediately calling for firings...like emotional fans.

To no one's surprise the slimy vermin shock jock Justin Pawlowski is a pederast who fell for a Chris Hansen scheme https://www.tampabay.com/news/sport...f-soliciting-14-year-old-police-say-20190417/

Do yourselves a favor and don't click on Tampa sites.

Well they went out on a limb there...........we have a weak OL and a new system with possibly a new qb. I think its rougher on us then them, they have same talent we have maybe better and a good staff. The only measuring stick people are going by is LSU last year where they bodied them and we got bodied, different staff on O for us with growing pains early. It could be a close game and possibly will but of course most will pick the Gators cause logic says UF. I think if we hang with them early we can steal it we cant fall behind quick because every time we do we quit...........if it stays close and the OL can hold up a bit then we in business. I think Enos and Mullet are the keys to the game.

Edit: I hope everyone picks the gators means no pressure on us, we play bad when we are getting sunshine pumped in the tabloids.

Lol!!! Man the chicken littles running around. What in the **** about the gators freaks you guys out?!

Hope we don’t get behind early because we quit?! Wtf??? You mean like the 27-7 deficit we faced against FSU last year in the 2nd half??? Which by the way.... was led by a QB on our current roster playing with a hand tied behind his back (inept coaching).

Jesus Christ.

And then I read about their WRs being better? Man oh man... how soon you guys forget about JT being constantly wide open and making acrobatic one handed catches (LSU game ring a bell?) due to a **** poor QB throwing him the ball!

Addition by subtraction my friends. That’s the X factor you guys are leaving out. Richt gone. No hands Cager gone. And most importantly, Rosier gone.

Felipe Franks and advantage (at that position) don’t go in the same sentence together. Dude is trash and I’m thrilled he’s their guy against us. Rosier had “experience” going into last year too.

You guys can talk up the gators in your minds all you want. Their upcoming season will mirror the one we just went through. 7-6, 8-5 average team. And it will all start by coming in overconfident against us, and getting their asses handed to them.

Advertisement
Nothing wrong with bandwagon fans. It means we are winning. I would remind all swamp scum that they are the only major program to lose to Al Golden. Let that sink in. I like last minute wins against the noles because it causes them nightmare memories, but swamp slime lizards need to have thier hides pealed by crushing defeats.
Folden also beat Ohio Taint. But they sucked that year.

Methinks the most important position on the field is the QB. A great DL can only affect the game so much. They arent getting TFLs every play. If you have a good QB they are likely to make the one good play when it presents itself. Its the end of spring and we still dont have a QB. They have one who played all last year and has all off season as the guy.

For that reason I'd give them 5 points plus 1.5 for the location. We should be underdogs but it will make it that much sweeter when we do win.

The line earlier this spring was +8.5 so it’s not surprisingly a Gator friendly reporter picked them by 10.

We haven’t given anyone outside of Coral Gables a reason to pick us yet, and I’m perfectly fine with it. Let them all pick the gayturds.

Advertisement
Methinks the most important position on the field is the QB. A great DL can only affect the game so much. They arent getting TFLs every play. If you have a good QB they are likely to make the one good play when it presents itself. Its the end of spring and we still dont have a QB. They have one who played all last year and has all off season as the guy.

For that reason I'd give them 5 points plus 1.5 for the location. We should be underdogs but it will make it that much sweeter when we do win.
Lol....If you think Franks is the Lizards most important player....A Great DL can only effect a game so much??....Tell that to whoever had to face UM from 1986-94....Steelers from 73-78....Vikings from 68-78...etc...

Word outta UF camp after they spring game is Franks looked good in the spring game but has been struggling actual practices reading zone coverages and throwing pics . With our D-Line we can disrupt early and often, protect our young corners and let our veteran LBs and strikers clean up the lil checkdowns.

Franks has experience but he didn’t even average 200 pass yards last year . Barely passed for 100 against UGA . He’s really not that good imo his only truly good games were against FSU(secondary trash) , South Carolina (secondary trash) and Michigan (sat out many players on defense) and gave up 63 to OSU

Pressure Franks early and often , and make their average RBs try an beat us

[/QUOTE]Felipe Franks and advantage (at that position) don’t go in the same sentence together. Dude is trash and I’m thrilled he’s their guy against us. Rosier had “experience” going into last year too.

You guys can talk up the gators in your minds all you want. Their upcoming season will mirror the one we just went through. 7-6, 8-5 average team. And it will all start by coming in overconfident against us, and getting their asses handed to them.
[/QUOTE]
Canes will win by 40+. Book it.

Advertisement
Just read an article in the Tampa Bay Times by college reporter Matt Baker. Baker says Florida has a veteran QB, a veteran coach, more talent and depth at the skill positions than Miami.

Baker has Florida winning by 10.

I get the veteran QB against the unknown. I question what advantage Dan Mullen brings. However, I have to shout BS on the more talented skill players and more depth at those positions.

RB - I take DJ, Cam, and Lorenzo over Pierce and Perine
TE - Come on man!!! Jordan and Will over Kemore Gamble
WR - Jeff Thomas, KJ Osborn, Pope, Harley, Hightower, Payton, Wiggins , Njoku over Grimes, Jefferson, Cleveland, Toney, Hammon, Swain

I just don't get thinking they have more and better skill position players than us. Worse case IMO is it's a wash at the skill positions.

You can read the article here:

Your Thoughts?

I think WR is a push. While we all know they can be great, it's mainly potential outside of Jeff Thomas. Grimes and Jefferson are officials, but if the Canes receivers do what we expect then full on agreeance.
I think having a tough opener like last year and this year, its effing great for the program, we just gotta keep building until Alabama in Chik Fil A in 2021.

So many questions surrounding Miami's offense, QB, OL, WRs, special teams. All were horrific in 2018 so that's what everyone remembers.

Advertisement
Unless you follow both teams and their progress very closely, you would pick the gators to win pretty easily. They're coming off a 10 win season, a bowl win and they have perceived momentum with a second year coach. We're coming off a 7 win season, a bowl loss, and our coach retired. Our offense was **** poor last year and we're bringing back a majority of the contributors. Even with a new staff, and possibly new quarterback our offense is still a question mark. They'll likely be more than a touchdown favorite. The national media, let alone local media in a gator **** hole like Tampa are going to make the safe pick every time.

Those who are paying attention will assume a much closer game. Both teams are weak on the offensive line but while their front seven is not a strength of their team, our front 7 is the definite strength of ours. They won't be able to run the ball and I like my chances with a known folding chair like Franks trying to shoulder the burden. It's really a matter of how well our offense can play. If they can move the ball consistently and not turn it over, we'll be looking good. They don't have to light up the scoreboard, they just need to keep the defense rested and not give up terrible field position.

A great DLine changes the whole defense.
If you can get pressure on the QB rushing only 4 and dropping everyone else back in coverage, your pass defense will be solid. If you have to blitz to get pressure, you open up big plays for the offense.
Penetrating Dlinemen disrupt the timing and designated running holes of a running play.
There's a reason dominant defensive linemen are some of the highest paid players in the NFL.

I hope they continue to try and trash us and make us the underdog. I want our players and Manny to smash them....then guess what?
Dont be a fan later...you will start to see all the bandwagon fans coming out of the woodwork after we destroy the gator.
Glue the article in The U's locker rooms everywhere (i.e. the IPC, the Stadium, the weight room, etc.) Make the Canes players feel & live it every day. all the way to the day of the clash. Manny must built this into the game's strategy/plan. It is incredibly important as it pertains to the psychological plan of getting the players mind into the way to attack the game & the despised/hated Gators.

Advertisement
Back