Tampa Bay Bucs assistant OC coach Butch Barry is expected to become the new O-line coach

Advertisement
Eh, does anybody actually know the names of any offensive line coaches besides guys who have coached here?
I do & can bump the threads to prove it.

I never mentioned this guy, but I did mention the current OL coach at Central Michigan Derek Frazier.

B1G & MAC OL coaches know about recruiting & developing OL talent, they consistently produce the best lineman in the league.

Checks the boxes. College/NFL experience and not named Searles. Let's roll.

To all the geniuses complaining because he worked with Enos at CMU(how is that a bad thing, he's seen him work first hand and is ready to bank on him) can you all list me this litany of coaches that hire people they've never worked with or know in some capacity? I'm ready to see this staff of HC and complete strangers a lot of y'all seem to be an advocate of.

Advertisement
He wasn't the OL coach for Eric Fisher, who was taken 1st overall in 2013 draft. He didn't recruit him (Fisher was c/o of 2009 and he started after). He was the TEs coach there.

He's not even the head OL coach for the Bucs. They had 1 pro bowler in the time he was there (Logan Mankins in 2015) but nothing else to really speak of. It's not even a meh hire. It's a questionable hire

F27D6700-9554-4A71-880A-651D95C82BBE.jpeg

Advertisement
He wasn't the OL coach for Eric Fisher, who was taken 1st overall in 2013 draft. He didn't recruit him (Fisher was c/o of 2009 and he started after). He was the TEs coach there.

He's not even the head OL coach for the Bucs. They had 1 pro bowler in the time he was there (Logan Mankins in 2015) but nothing else to really speak of. It's not even a meh hire. It's a questionable hire
Weren't some guys saying the same thing about Simpson last year?

Advertisement
Lol this is gold y’all dont know **** about this man so y’all can’t automatically say it was a trash hire before the ink on the contract dries. Thank you Manny

Yes. He was a questionable hire. It worked out. He can be a questionable hire on paper and still work out. Just saying based on his resume to date, I'm not sure what the selling point is except he knows Enos

Advertisement

Only difference about Simpson was he came from a crazy amount of success as a HS coach in a good place to recruit where his success and connections are still relevant. I am getting behind whoever we hire until they prove otherwise but taking a lateral move from the nfl to ncaa and having to recruit seems odd to me.

Advertisement
Back