Tally local radio - recruiting

Same thing that happened with Bobby. They'll get a bunch of highly ranked guys that never pan out. They're biggest issue is they've been whiffing on S. Florida talent the last few cycles and that's mainly due to bad evaluations.
Funny thing is, we were after a lot of those same players, Rudolph, Matthew Thomas, Lane, Bryant, etc. Some of the highly touted talent from South Florida hasn’t panned out over the last few years. I think that’s the bigger issue.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I also think some of you are premature in celebrating their demise. Blackman is gonna be a problem next year, and they will always be talented.

You guys are getting ahead of yourselves. Let's be honest, it took a last second TD to beat them when they started a true freshman QB. Great win? **** Yeah. But if Francois was healthy, we likely would have lost and they are 3-1 not 1-3.

What is FSU without JW? Lose 2 games a year to someone they shouldn't and occasionall 10 win seoasons. Now your seeing what he is without that once every 10 year QB. FSU is like auburn with Cam but better recruiting.

LOL...Jimbo averaged 10 wins a year before JW (31-10)...was averaging 11 wins a year before this year (78-17).

Advertisement
If we're being real, their number one problem is that they lost their starting QB and have no depth there.

Their broader issue is that they are getting highly rated, entitled national guys and ignoring better players in the state. Same thing that happened to us. Florida is actually doing a better job of plucking in-state players.

+1

They won a **** 'ship a couple years ago. ****. How's about their QB got injured. That's what happened.

They won a **** 'ship a couple years ago. ****. How's about their QB got injured. That's what happened.

They have just played tougher teams, 3 top 20 teams it is what it is. Uga starting a true freshman qb but their competition so far pales in comparison to fsu. And if you look at black mans numbers he’s been good for a 6’5 170 true freshman being thrown into the fire going against some elite fronts outside of the wake forest game

Advertisement
For two months before the season started all the media talked about was this FSU defense being possibly being the best defense FSU has ever had. A lot of people had Derwin James on their Heisman top 5. Nnadi was apparently the next Warren Sapp and the leader of their NFL defensive line.

FSU fans are calling for their DC to be fired. It appears to me that there's more problems than them JUST losing their starting QB. Last I checked Francois didn't play defense and neither does James Blackman.

Same thing that happened with Bobby. They'll get a bunch of highly ranked guys that never pan out. They're biggest issue is they've been whiffing on S. Florida talent the last few cycles and that's mainly due to bad evaluations.
Funny thing is, we were after a lot of those same players, Rudolph, Matthew Thomas, Lane, Bryant, etc. Some of the highly touted talent from South Florida hasn’t panned out over the last few years. I think that’s the bigger issue.

Very fair point.

If we're being real, their number one problem is that they lost their starting QB and have no depth there.

Their broader issue is that they are getting highly rated, entitled national guys and ignoring better players in the state. Same thing that happened to us. Florida is actually doing a better job of plucking in-state players.

Let's even take it a step further.

Yes, losing their QB was devastating. But, Dalvin Cook literally won them about 1-2 games per year by himself.

Just off the top of my head, last year's win vs Miami and Michigan are solely due to Dalvin Cook making plays.

The years after their NC, the became basically a 3 man team: Rapist, Cook and that WR they sole from Golden. All the great recruiting classes and two true freshmen were their only big time players. Same thing on defense, just that dude Jalen. The writing was on the wall then. True freshmen should have a lot more trouble getting on the field the year after a NC and several top recruiting classes. Without Cook and Jalen, we win Al's last two with them -- oh Lord that would have been horrible, the smuck would still be here. Anyway, they are sliding and we are rising. There never was enough talent here for all three big schools to be true powers at the same time. One was always sliding. Now with Bama and others cherry-picking too, there might not be enough for the gator either as we ascend -- that would just be too bad.

Disagree on the comment about their defense. Since 2012 they have been way more than just that guy Jalen on defense. Their main problem is their QB situation and OL. You can definitely say WR has some concern also. Other than that they are very talented. They fix the DC situation and get healthy at QB and they are tough to beat again.

Advertisement
Oh they have talent up there. Next year with Frenchie back and Blackman in the shadows, they will make noise.

thomas has been excellent for them and will be a 2nd-3rd rounder imo. Rudolph was also very solid for them as well (just got called up by the giants).

Advertisement
The years after their NC, the became basically a 3 man team: Rapist, Cook and that WR they sole from Golden. All the great recruiting classes and two true freshmen were their only big time players. Same thing on defense, just that dude Jalen. The writing was on the wall then. True freshmen should have a lot more trouble getting on the field the year after a NC and several top recruiting classes. Without Cook and Jalen, we win Al's last two with them -- oh Lord that would have been horrible, the smuck would still be here. Anyway, they are sliding and we are rising. There never was enough talent here for all three big schools to be true powers at the same time. One was always sliding. Now with Bama and others cherry-picking too, there might not be enough for the gator either as we ascend -- that would just be too bad.

Disagree on the comment about their defense. Since 2012 they have been way more than just that guy Jalen on defense. Their main problem is their QB situation and OL. You can definitely say WR has some concern also. Other than that they are very talented. They fix the DC situation and get healthy at QB and they are tough to beat again.

I remember one game were it seemed he was the one that made all the big plays against us. But I agree they have had plenty of talent with all those top recruiting classes, but for some reason they were forced to rely on a couple super freshmen. They were vulnerable an now will pay.

Advertisement
Back