Tally local radio - recruiting

it's funny because their fans want Jumbo to hire an OC more than our fan's want Richt to hire an OC

Which is hilarious because offensive play calling is probably what they are best at. They want to fix something that ain't broke, when there's plenty of other broken **** that needs fixing.

Advertisement
I'll just say one more thing about FSU...

They're in a dangerous place right now. They're 1-3 with nothing left to play for. Very real chance they don't even make it to a bowl.

They're pinning all their hope on Blackman getting better - they have no QB committed for this class. But I'm not seeing it with that kid. He looked scared all game. He was late on throws, resulting in incompletions and interceptions, and he was taking sacks becuase he was hanging on to the ball too long.

He doesn't have the "it" factor. He's not a gamer. As Rosier has proved this year, that's something you either have or you don't. Blackman doesn't have that, and he never will.

I think FSU is trending down in a big way. Not just this season, but future seasons as well.

Someone stated something similar on here regarding recruiting philosophy and the challenges...might have been D Money on the podcast, but being able to pull in near every elite recruit from around the country has its pitfalls as well. Starting with guys not meshing well with each other and each player on the field playing as an individual vice a tight unit since every elite type player wants to be "the guy." Personally, thats why I like Richt's philosophy of finding out if a recruit is a "Miami Guy." Every recruit doesn't need to be a 4/5 star. Can get better performance out of a team made up of dudes ranging from 2-5 stars if they play as a unit cohesively and are Miami type players (Hungry for success, athletic, and with speed). It is apparent that Free Shoes is feeling the negative effects of recruiting at a high level nationally and not taking the "right" guys.

If we're being real, their number one problem is that they lost their starting QB and have no depth there.

Their broader issue is that they are getting highly rated, entitled national guys and ignoring better players in the state. Same thing that happened to us. Florida is actually doing a better job of plucking in-state players.

That is the #1 problem for them but is Constentino that bad? He's been in Jimbo system for 3 years now.

Also even though they have great talent on D it isn't the goos and they're giving up points

If we're being real, their number one problem is that they lost their starting QB and have no depth there.

Their broader issue is that they are getting highly rated, entitled national guys and ignoring better players in the state. Same thing that happened to us. Florida is actually doing a better job of plucking in-state players.

Great point.

UF is really awesome this year. Oh wait they suck and will finish 5-6.

I also love how FSU gets to use the injury excuse, but we get no credit for winning with Richards and Walton hobbled.

If were being real, of course

Advertisement
Jimbo is not an elite coach. He's a pretty good offensive coordinator, and a very good QB coach, but he's far from being an elite all-around head coach.

Blackman is terrible. And I don't think he's going to get very much better. A dog is a dog, no matter how much you coach him up. The kid processes information way too slowly to ever be effective at this level. He's always gonna take a lot of sacks and be late on throws.

And they're not recruiting that well this year. They have no QB coming in.

Their WR's are also not anywhere near FSU standards. They had one kid out there.... Marshall I believe was his name.... I was like "what the **** is this kid even doing out there?" Kid looked like he should be playing for Wake Forest, not FSU. Tate is pretty good, but he's no Richards. He's no Berrios, for that matter.

The only players that really impressed me on FSU were 1.) Cam Akers - who I think could be a better RB than Dalvin Cook. Not as fast, and not going to break as many away... but that kid has some natural strength you don't see very often. Especially in the lower body. A lot of the plays where McCloud and company were bouncing off him like bowling pins were simply because Akers has insane strength and balance. 2.) Their DT, Nandi. That's a future NFL player right there. Outside of that, nobody they had really stood out.

So they might be recruiting highly ranked guys, but they're obviously not evaluating that well because I thought we had the better athletes on Saturday, all said.

What the fvck are you even trying to say? That's a suspect *** sentence.

Jimbo is not an elite coach. He's a pretty good offensive coordinator, and a very good QB coach, but he's far from being an elite all-around head coach.

Blackman is terrible. And I don't think he's going to get very much better. A dog is a dog, no matter how much you coach him up. The kid processes information way too slowly to ever be effective at this level. He's always gonna take a lot of sacks and be late on throws.

And they're not recruiting that well this year. They have no QB coming in.

Their WR's are also not anywhere near FSU standards. They had one kid out there.... Marshall I believe was his name.... I was like "what the **** is this kid even doing out there?" Kid looked like he should be playing for Wake Forest, not FSU. Tate is pretty good, but he's no Richards. He's no Berrios, for that matter.

The only players that really impressed me on FSU were 1.) Cam Akers - who I think could be a better RB than Dalvin Cook. Not as fast, and not going to break as many away... but that kid has some natural strength you don't see very often. Especially in the lower body. A lot of the plays where McCloud and company were bouncing off him like bowling pins were simply because Akers has insane strength and balance. 2.) Their DT, Nandi. That's a future NFL player right there. Outside of that, nobody they had really stood out.

So they might be recruiting highly ranked guys, but they're obviously not evaluating that well because I thought we had the better athletes on Saturday, all said.

What the fvck are you even trying to say? That's a suspect *** sentence.

I'm not trying to say ****. I did say Blackman is a dog. My exact words.

You want to make a comment about that?

Same thing that happened with Bobby. They'll get a bunch of highly ranked guys that never pan out. They're biggest issue is they've been whiffing on S. Florida talent the last few cycles and that's mainly due to bad evaluations.

Great point.

I also love how FSU gets to use the injury excuse, but we get no credit for winning with Richards and Walton hobbled.

If we're being real - you completey misinterpreted the post.

DMoney is correct and anyone who feels the injury to Francois hasn't hurt FSU is a complete ******.

That isn't to say FSU wins Saturday with him, but they were forced to play a true freshman at the most important position who enrolled on campus less than 5 months before this game. They'd be better off with Francois, and it has played a part to their decimated season, plain and simple.

Moreover, Dmoney is also correct in his recruiting assertion. Malik Henry, for instance, was dubbed by dopey Nole fans as the next big thing upon arrival to campus even with Francois on the roster. But most know he had significant character and entitlement issues. Flash forward to today and he's no longer on the roster, and you know Jizzbo and the rest of his staff were kicking themselves because their QB depth is shlt. You recruit players like that, and you reap what you sow.

Some of FSU's earliest recruiting classes early on were filled with Florida dogs. Lamarcus Joyner, Rashad Green, guys like that were a complete pain in the balls for us. They've definitely shifted over the years, and I hope they continue to vomit all over themselves.

Advertisement
Bro pre the game I started listening to a few podcast to hear their views. It's crazy how delusional they are. Let me say this. FSU is where we were in 05. People always say they have the most talent, it's not true. Their coaches get bonus for bringing recruits. That's how u end up like Coker did recruiting off the internet and going all over the country for players u never seen play. Here is the thing, including last week's game, we led them 4 str8 years in the 4th. They have been bailed out by a player like Cook for 3 years. U think if we had Richt he goes to Tally?
Their radio people are talking about how we have no facilities and no fans, just real delusional. I pointed to the faft we didnt sell out the OB for those cupcakes in 01. That has never been decisive. Their main recruiter were Al Golden and the NCAA. FSU is 9-6 in their last 15 games. They got trounced by UL. We are 9 in a row after last week. I been dying laughing all last week. You would think we are USF the way they talk about us. They never point out how they had to fight to beat us while they had stacked teams and we had a clown staff. Funny stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

He loves to scream at his guys, you saw it Saturday with Blackman, that's all cool when you're winning, but when you start losing that turns guys off quick.
I honestly think FSU played out of their *** Saturday and a season tank would not surprise me. Look at this Saturday at Duke, noon, place will be empty, a loss would not be shocking to me.
I think they are on the road

Exactly my point. Exactly what we were doing under Coker in 04/ 05, using the internet to recruit players. Look at the players on our team we stole from their area that weren't highly ranked. Pinckney, Norton, Shaq. Playmakers.

Great point.

DMoney is correct and anyone who feels the injury to Francois hasn't hurt FSU is a complete ******.

That isn't to say FSU wins Saturday with him, but they were forced to play a true freshman at the most important position who enrolled on campus less than 5 months before this game. They'd be better off with Francois, and it has played a part to their decimated season, plain and simple.

Moreover, Dmoney is also correct in his recruiting assertion. Malik Henry, for instance, was dubbed by dopey Nole fans as the next big thing upon arrival to campus even with Francois on the roster. But most know he had significant character and entitlement issues. Flash forward to today and he's no longer on the roster, and you know Jizzbo and the rest of his staff were kicking themselves because their QB depth is shlt. You recruit players like that, and you reap what you sow.

Some of FSU's earliest recruiting classes early on were filled with Florida dogs. Lamarcus Joyner, Rashad Green, guys like that were a complete pain in the balls for us. They've definitely shifted over the years, and I hope they continue to vomit all over themselves.
I don't wanna hear that ****. Brad Kaaya came in fall camp and was starting V Nebraska weeks later. Actually lit up FSU for 300 yards and 2 TDs. They claimed every single win. Take this ******* L like a man.

Advertisement
He loves to scream at his guys, you saw it Saturday with Blackman, that's all cool when you're winning, but when you start losing that turns guys off quick.
I honestly think FSU played out of their *** Saturday and a season tank would not surprise me. Look at this Saturday at Duke, noon, place will be empty, a loss would not be shocking to me.

Wife and I were laughing at him yelling at his QB. Then homes tossed a TD, so it might actually work.

it's funny because their fans want Jumbo to hire an OC more than our fan's want Richt to hire an OC

Which is hilarious because offensive play calling is probably what they are best at. They want to fix something that ain't broke, when there's plenty of other broken **** that needs fixing.

Richt just needs to add motion and the jet sweep to his offense to take it to the next level.

Advertisement

Great point.

I don't wanna hear that ****. Brad Kaaya came in fall camp and was starting V Nebraska weeks later. Actually lit up FSU for 300 yards and 2 TDs. They claimed every single win. Take this ****ing L like a man.

The entire point of the post is that FSU has completely ignored talented players in state, such as Harley and Bandy. Pure football guys.

Meanwhile, they've recruited primadonnas at a national level that either haven't become contributors or transferred, like Henry.

I remember Ariz's post mentioning both Harley and Bandy hopped the Greentree fence on NSD to practice. Those are the type of players I want on my roster. Those players win games.

The initial post wasn't to argue UM loses Saturday if FSU has a healthy Francois. The point is that they were in the position they were in with Blackman because of past recruiting mistakes and recruiting the wrong type of player.

What is FSU without JW? Lose 2 games a year to someone they shouldn't and occasionall 10 win seoasons. Now your seeing what he is without that once every 10 year QB. FSU is like auburn with Cam but better recruiting. Truthfully the way they have been recruiting we should not have beat them this year. Even with fresh QB. The thing with us I've always said is we don't have to have the greatest coach. Just someone that can keep the kids home and manage well. That's why I think MR is the perfect fit.

I also live in tally and it's so great to hear local radio right now. The sky is definitely falling up here. They have no idea what to do. I heard them start talking about looking forward to basketball season today. Haha, so great and it's killing them that we r on the rise. They know if we get rolling they will always b the stepchild!!!!

Advertisement
Back