Talked to a portal kid today

flcanesfan

we back?
So today I ran into one of our Wideouts that’s currently in the portal and got to talk to him for a bit. The kid was super nice and humble but you could tell he was pretty bummed about the UM program. In a nutshell he said the egos in the room were too big.. the offense hated the defense and vice versa. There was no respect for each other and no communication between the coaches. On top of that players were getting hurt for no reason in practice because of the way they were playing each other and kids with higher star ratings were put at the top even if they hadn’t earned it. All this created a toxic atmosphere which lead to the underachieving season. Like I said he seemed more sad about what could have been then mad. I told him I hope he comes back and he said maybe who knows. Anyway I thought it was interesting, also I brought up the new air raid but he didn’t seem to have an opinion either way since he is in the portal.

Advertisement
So today I ran into one of our Wideouts that’s currently in the portal and got to talk to him for a bit. The kid was super nice and humble but you could tell he was pretty bummed about the UM program. In a nutshell he said the egos in the room were too big.. the offense hated the defense and vice versa. There was no respect for each other and no communication between the coaches. On top of that players were getting hurt for no reason in practice because of the way they were playing each other and kids with higher star ratings were put at the top even if they hadn’t earned it. All this created a toxic atmosphere which lead to the underachieving season. Like I said he seemed more sad about what could have been then mad. I told him I hope he comes back and he said maybe who knows. Anyway I thought it was interesting, also I brought up the new air raid but he didn’t seem to have an opinion either way since he is in the portal.

******* Manny!!! I am so glad this will be fixed when Mario gets here…

Maybe we should take the player's word with a grain of salt. They all say the same thing regardless of the staff. Could just be sour grapes.

"This kid got PT over me bc of star rating" or maybe he just had more upside and you two were pretty even right now

I do not think that type of culture in a locker room is uncommon.

I don't know if it is more or less successful, but when I was in college we weren't allowed to go on the other side of the 45 yard line.. a 10 yd buffer zone for special teams only with O on one side and D on the other. It just turned out to make it more business-like, imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doesn't sound very well thought out.

Advertisement
Maybe we should take the player's word with a grain of salt. They all say the same thing regardless of the staff. Could just be sour grapes.

"This kid got PT over me bc of star rating" or maybe he just had more upside and you two were pretty even right now
The whole Colbie Young thing kinda undermines whatever this kid is saying. Same with Parrish over Rooster, Flagg over everyone…

True, I believe he’s a PWO
christmas vacation GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back