Talked to a portal kid today

Advertisement
46CC9134-686A-4C88-9443-92B358D06807.jpeg

So today I ran into one of our Wideouts that’s currently in the portal and got to talk to him for a bit. The kid was super nice and humble but you could tell he was pretty bummed about the UM program. In a nutshell he said the egos in the room were too big.. the offense hated the defense and vice versa. There was no respect for each other and no communication between the coaches. On top of that players were getting hurt for no reason in practice because of the way they were playing each other and kids with higher star ratings were put at the top even if they hadn’t earned it. All this created a toxic atmosphere which lead to the underachieving season. Like I said he seemed more sad about what could have been then mad. I told him I hope he comes back and he said maybe who knows. Anyway I thought it was interesting, also I brought up the new air raid but he didn’t seem to have an opinion either way since he is in the portal.
When you have too many egos, you ether get it in check or find the right guys.

The whole Colbie Young thing kinda undermines whatever this kid is saying. Same with Parrish over Rooster, Flagg over everyone…
Yea, I was gonna mention this. What about 88? Heen get pt because of no recruiting ranking. So how he get in the front of the line? I always take what disgruntled kids say, with a grain of salt. Because a lot of the time, what a kid sees and what really happened are 2 TOTALLY different things. 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol I don’t think he was making it up but you never know with young kids how bad it really was because emotions get involved.
Our highest rated receiver was Melo. If he was getting most of the reps in practice and in games I didn’t see it.
There has been a lot of rumors since Mario got here and it will get worse the more success he gets. Last season made that noise stop a bit.
But it will start ramping up again as recruiting kicks in and if we start winning.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So today I ran into one of our Wideouts that’s currently in the portal and got to talk to him for a bit. The kid was super nice and humble but you could tell he was pretty bummed about the UM program. In a nutshell he said the egos in the room were too big.. the offense hated the defense and vice versa. There was no respect for each other and no communication between the coaches. On top of that players were getting hurt for no reason in practice because of the way they were playing each other and kids with higher star ratings were put at the top even if they hadn’t earned it. All this created a toxic atmosphere which lead to the underachieving season. Like I said he seemed more sad about what could have been then mad. I told him I hope he comes back and he said maybe who knows. Anyway I thought it was interesting, also I brought up the new air raid but he didn’t seem to have an opinion either way since he is in the portal.
Truthfully you could find a disgruntled player at OSU Bama or UGA. Even at winning programs there’s guys like this

Yea, I was gonna mention this. What about 88? Heen get pt because of no recruiting ranking. So how he get in the front of the line? I always take what disgruntled kids say, with a grain of salt. Because a lot of the time, what a kid sees and what really happened are 2 TOTALLY different things. 🤷🏾‍♂️.
I’m sure there was some truth in it. I’d have been ****ed off if I was on the Defense too! But yea, the recruiting rankings comment made you raise an eyebrow.

Advertisement
Walk-on WR crying about stars when we've got a 3* slot WR starting the season until he got hurt and a 3* JUCO showing up in the summer and snatching a starting spot by game 6 (and leading all WRs in yards and TDs). Brinson was the highest rated 2021 WR and he got no burn. Horton has 4 stars and barely played. The only guy getting burn because of the stars next to his name at WR was maybe Ladson.

So some walkon WR is upset he can't get burn at a position where we looked like dog**** (and our leading pass catcher was our TE) and started multiple 3*s, but it's because of stars? No, son. Do the work. Make it impossible to deny your skills. Until then, be thankful these new benches aren't made of cheap wood.

Advertisement
Back