Talked to a portal kid today

Advertisement
Walk-on WR crying about stars when we've got a 3* slot WR starting the season until he got hurt and a 3* JUCO showing up in the summer and snatching a starting spot by game 6 (and leading all WRs in yards and TDs). Brinson was the highest rated 2021 WR and he got no burn. Horton has 4 stars and barely played. The only guy getting burn because of the stars next to his name at WR was maybe Ladson.

So some walkon WR is upset he can't get burn at a position where we looked like dog**** (and our leading pass catcher was our TE) and started multiple 3*s, but it's because of stars? No, son. Do the work. Make it impossible to deny your skills. Until then, be thankful these new benches aren't made of cheap wood.
To be fair, no offensive player looked good in this system this year. A case could be made for Mallory and that’s about it

Advertisement
Naa gimme the 1 on 1 w/@da truth
I can see it now:

Season 9 Middle Finger GIF by Shameless

Thanks for sharing the story. There's always going to be a lot of different takes on what goes on in the locker room after a season like that. In particular when you're some guy riding the pine and the guys in front of you aren't getting it done. All you want is a shot, think you can help, etc. Finger pointing is the norm and there was obviously a lot of disfunction as evidenced by the departures, etc.

Thanks for sharing the story. There's always going to be a lot of different takes on what goes on in the locker room after a season like that. In particular when you're some guy riding the pine and the guys in front of you aren't getting it done. All you want is a shot, think you can help, etc. Finger pointing is the norm and there was obviously a lot of disfunction as evidenced by the departures, etc.

Including the old, "if coach put me in the game, I would have [insert some bull**** fairytale]."

Advertisement
Including the old, "if coach put me in the game, I would have [insert some bull**** fairytale]."

Sounds like the fairytales told during many threads about the player sitting on the bench not being played due the coach playing favorites…

I remember lots of those the last few years around the WR position…

That one catch out of bounds by Smith 3-4 years ago almost got him in the ring of honor…

Sounds like the fairytales told during many threads about the player sitting on the bench not being played due the coach playing favorites…

I remember lots of those the last few years around the WR position…

That one catch out of bounds by Smith 3-4 years ago almost got him in the ring of honor…

At the time, I dared question why we were so hyped about a non-catch and had to take shelter away from CIS for a fortnight.

To be fair, I believe that “catch” happened in the bowl game where Wiggins and Pope dropped nearly everything and made sure the game was lost. So that “catch” out of bounds looked super impressive by comparison.

Advertisement
In my experience PWOs are kids that really want to be at the school. They could drop down to D2 or D3 and perhaps be the lead dog elsewhere. But, they really want to play at their desired school. So I take this kid’s comments as the report of someone who loves our school and wants the team to excel. He is disappointed. Now if a soft as Charmin 7 on 7 four star said this stuff, I might agree with the porsters saying its sour grapes. I hope this guy finds a home and fulfills his dream of playing. Then he can come here and be a CIS expert.

IF any WR was quick, had good hands and ran correct routes they'd still be at the U - unless of course they were poison in the locker room.

Advertisement
Who the **** cares what a PWO has to say? IF in fact this story is true it could be sour grapes from the kid for not getting the scholly he was probably hoping to get.

It does align with the collective information we’ve been provided that the locker room was toxic…

I find it interesting that we don’t want the biased thoughts of someone that was in the locker room, but we’ll fight for any possible source of information about things going on within the program, which can also be inherently biased….

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back