Talented Backfield.. Best in ACC?

Advertisement
Don't sleep on Pitt either with Conner potentially coming back (think I saw he was running already or something, which is remarkable)

I heard this weekend he's participating in 90% of the teams off-season workouts and still lifting weights. That's after just finishing his 6th, out of 12 total, rounds of chemo. He said he refused to let cancer change his life.

Big props to him and I'll be cheering him on next year when he returns.

I can agree with having the deepest overall group of RB's. I see our roster of RB's who could be a good backup or change of pace back for ANY other team in the nation. I don't look at any RB on the roster and wonder why they are on a P-5 team or that they were over hyped. I think it's hard to judge any of our players when they have been playing under a trash coordinator and a trash line (this year). The other year (or 2) was sitting behind Duke Johnson.

\\

Walton proved that he is elite in space. He had some truly eye opening runs called back. Brother Richt got dis mane.

His longest run last year was 27 yards on 129 attempts. I realize our OL sucked by when he had the opportunities he couldn't break away. Maybe he takes the next step this year but I don't think he has it. His ceiling is Greg Cooper as a back is Greg Cooper. I do think Walton is better than Yearby though.

Advertisement
I must admit for a true freshmen Walton displayed outstanding hands coming out of the backfield, and he has a knack for getting into the end zone.

It's been my understanding that a running back needs a hole in the line to run through. Until Yearby has a line as good as FSU's, you can't really compare the two.

Walton proved that he is elite in space. He had some truly eye opening runs called back. Brother Richt got dis mane.

His longest run last year was 27 yards on 129 attempts. I realize our OL sucked by when he had the opportunities he couldn't break away. Maybe he takes the next step this year but I don't think he has it. His ceiling is Greg Cooper as a back is Greg Cooper. I do think Walton is better than Yearby though.

Not close... Yearby is far better than Walton at running the ball, they are about the same in the passing game tbqh

Advertisement
No FSU with Cook, Pender, and Patrick Is the best. I'd say we are tied with Ckemson. Gus, Yearby and Walton are all studs. I think we would've been s lot better in rushing had we had Gus people slept in him but he was for sure missed

Our RB's are average at best. None of them have an elite aspect about their game.

Lol well I disagree 1000%

Why do you disagree? Which one of our backs has elite power or break away speed?

Amer abdullah was a elite college back and he didn't have elite power or breakaway speed.

"Abdullah is outstanding in the passing game. The problem has been fumbles; he has small hands. He is really good in the zone run game. He has breakaway speed. If he hits the hole, he's gone." -- Mike Mayock
"Abdullah is outstanding in the passing game. The problem has been fumbles; he has small hands. He is really good in the zone run game. He has breakaway speed. If he hits the hole, he's gone." -- Mike Mayock

Advertisement
Our RB's are average at best. None of them have an elite aspect about their game.

Yearbys vision and instincts are second to none. Hard for any running back to look good running behind that patty cake o line last year

Advertisement
No FSU with Cook, Pender, and Patrick Is the best. I'd say we are tied with Ckemson. Gus, Yearby and Walton are all studs. I think we would've been s lot better in rushing had we had Gus people slept in him but he was for sure missed

Miami has 3 backs that have done more than pender has done in 5 years at Fsu so he really shouldn't be included tbh

Walton is not good. At the very least, UNC and FSU have better tandems.

Unc has Elijah hood and who else...

If you look at the numbers from last year ,you will see that Walton at 3.5 a carry and with a long run of 27 yards on 100+ attempts is one of the worst RBs in the ACC. That's a fact.

There are 20 + backs in the ACC with better numbers.

There are 14 teams in the ACC. We were only better than Wake F. in total rush yards and yards /carry. Not sure how that translates to an elite backfield?

Last edited:
We have no real Miami back on our roster. He's at fsu

Dalvin Cook is not special. He runs untouched for 7-10 yards many runs. Second level with full head of steam on many runs. Teams will key hi more this year.

What??? U sound special , the man has break away speed and good power for a 5'11 back.

Advertisement
Back