Talented Backfield.. Best in ACC?

RoCanes

Freshman
Running backs Yearby and Walton are a talented backfield.
Are they the best backfield in the ACC?

Thoughts

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yearby quietly had a very good season despite the ****** OL. He'll prove his worth again this season.

Jeez...

I just noticed that we were 13/14 (just ahead of Wake) in total team rushing yards in the ACC.

That's pretty terrible.

We solid at RB, but I wouldn't claim the best at anything now. We simply have to show what we got on the field. I do expect we'll be a lot better at all aspects of the game next year. Clemson, NC (if they can maintain) and then FSU out front now. Houston showed you that FSU ain't all that.

Don't sleep on Pitt either with Conner potentially coming back (think I saw he was running already or something, which is remarkable)

Advertisement
Our RB's are average at best. None of them have an elite aspect about their game.

Advertisement
That running back from usf Marlon Mack is better than any running back we have on the roster IMO, great size and speed. We do have a talented backfield that is 5 deep not many teams have that or can compete with yearby, Edwards, Walton, gray and homer. Clemson and Fsu has the best starting back but Miami is deeper at the position

Advertisement
Our RB's are average at best. None of them have an elite aspect about their game.

Walton is elite and catching passes out of the backfield but I see your point none the less

When I think of elite I think they have to either be a homerun threat or run with power. McGahee had both but having at least one trait should be a requirement.

Walton proved that he is elite in space. He had some truly eye opening runs called back. Brother Richt got dis mane.

A lot of the rushing stats can be blamed on the oline. We obviously don't have a Cook type back, but yearby and Walton catch the ball better than a lot of college receivers.

Advertisement
Back