Talented Backfield.. Best in ACC?

Advertisement
I don't think Wayne Gallman is better than Joe Yearby or Mark Walton.

FSU is #1 because of cook
Pitt is #2 because of Conner
Clemson is #3 because of Watson & Gallman
UNC is #4 TJ Logan and Elijah Hood
Miami is #5

yep, Pretty much

Dead at thinking Yearby and Walton are better than Gallman. There isn't one thing Gallman doesn't do better than those two.

Definitely not the most talented but there is still good talent there. None of our backs put fear into opposing teams every time they touch the ball. Yearby is what he is unless he magically finds a way to increase his top end speed. Gus was never really impressive to be before his injury, who knows what he'll be like now. Walton could become a great back but he needs a year or two more. Too bad the depth was so shallow and he couldn't have redshirted this last year. Gray hasn't been very impressive in his limited action either. Homer the jury is out on until he sees some game day action. Bottom line is while talented none of the current players are can't miss prospects. Richt usually fields good running backs every year. Let's see what a scheme change can do for some of these guys. Plus an improved line would do wonders.

The runningbacks next season remind me of the 2009 corp with Jarvarris James, Damien Berry, and Graig Cooper, very similar to Joseph Yearby, Gus Edwards, and Mark Walton respectively.

The runningbacks next season remind me of the 2009 corp with Jarvarris James, Damien Berry, and Graig Cooper, very similar to Joseph Yearby, Gus Edwards, and Mark Walton respectively.

LOL ... That's funny.

That's the EXACT comparison I made last year, when people were claiming we wouldn't miss Duke.

Advertisement
Our RB's are average at best. None of them have an elite aspect about their game.

Lol well I disagree 1000%

Why do you disagree? Which one of our backs has elite power or break away speed?

Amer abdullah was a elite college back and he didn't have elite power or breakaway speed.

"Abdullah is outstanding in the passing game. The problem has been fumbles; he has small hands. He is really good in the zone run game. He has breakaway speed. If he hits the hole, he's gone." -- Mike Mayock
"Abdullah is outstanding in the passing game. The problem has been fumbles; he has small hands. He is really good in the zone run game. He has breakaway speed. If he hits the hole, he's gone." -- Mike Mayock

Mayock is a clown.

Advertisement
Back