Talent

Advertisement
When will someone stop blaming the parents and start blaming the teenager.

I’m using this as a metaphor for UM and I know this is gonna **** people off.

Too Many draft picks for too many years from sht p5 and G5 programs. All from head coaches and position coaches that no one on here can mention, name, or remember.

The nfl has starters at all positions from all the divisions in cfb.
But the university of Miami has failed at
1: evaluating
2: developing
3: scheming
4: retention of players
5: recruiting
5: beating teams that we’ve out-recruited by a mile.
6: actually win games where we are favored by a lot.

You’re telling that all those draft picks have had better position coaches and evaluators than Miami?
All those teams had better defensive or offensive schemes?

One year we lost 4 games where we were favored by more than 14 points.
If you’re telling me that that was 100 percent on coaching then you’re crazy.

Either there has been some side bets going on or other schools are breaking the 20hr rule by a mile and their compliance departments are in permanent vacation in the same exumas.

Or maybe they’re players GAF and actually have player lead workouts and film sessions and everyone is on board?

Maybe we should start holding team meetings and workouts at the local marathon gas stations.

Why is it that we have sucked at all of the above but other schools have succeeded.

Why do coaches that have had success somewhere else fail here.

Why do coaches that suck here win or develop somewhere else?

At some point there is a serious disconnect and the only variable left to point out is that the culture and players here are not preparing themselves the way they do at other places and are being influenced by something else that supersedes whatever dreams and aspirations they had to make it to the nfl.

The clowning and teasing of players that work hard is another one.

The constant posting of 1 or 2 highlights despite the entire team getting embarrassed screams of lack of cohesion and a total disregard for team unity.
I’m done with the blaming of coaches when players refuse to work extra.

Kj and D King saw what tf was going on tried to lay down the law and despite that, players were still calling X a kiss *** and coach’s pet.

If I was a coach I would say “I’m not here to save you”.
Don’t expect me to make you a day one pick with 20hrs a week.

The culture and the “I made it” attitude that has permeated this program should be obvious by now.

Now, the players don’t owe me or any of you sht. But when they can’t even fight for themselves then they deserve their udfa status.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not here to say any of the coaches that have been here for the past 20 years we’re gonna take us to the playoffs. But to put the blame entirely on them is very short sighted.
Been saying this for a few years now. The S. Fl culture is bigger than the locker room culture. It goes beyond coaches, ADs and Presidents.

I think we agree more than not here. With that said...

- Mario dgafuggalugga about 2023 season, and probably not 2024 either...he's on the clock starting 2025...2022-2024 is one big shakedown and rebuild
-- I suggest you emotionally prepare yourself
- USC's OL was probably light years ahead of Miami's G5 talent...nuff said for O because everything happens because of OL...especially in Mario's world

Like you, I want to see our Canes win and win big. Mario has a long-term plan and the leash length until Y4 to put it into place.

I'm not saying his philosophy guarantees successs, but I do believe he will reach it here. He truly has the possibility of rolling a big fat natty while he's at Coral Gables.

Go Canes.
Brother if he’s below .500 overall after 3 full seasons, you can expect those top 10 recruiting classes to be long gone. I agree it takes time but year 4? In todays CFB landscape where you have the resources and flexibility with your roster, it shouldn’t take several years to start competing.

You know who the last QB was who we had that had the same type of hype? Far more actually... That would be Brad Kaaya. That's what some assclown reporters or fans assessment of some kids talent means. Jack ****. Cause where's brad Kaaya at now? He's working for his mom's holding up index cards at her restraunt that say BYE FELICIA. Y'all really gotta cut it out with all this over the top dramatics. Let kids & COACHES actually prove what they can do before you annointing them or **** on them. You know who has proven what he can do? With actual sustained results? That's the coach yall ungrateful *** fans keep ****ting on because in his first year even though he had a complete all star coaching staff things simply didn't work out. Do any of y'all take a second to say it wasn't Mario or gattis who was throwing **** pass after **** pass or dropping catch after catch? Wasn't Mario who threw two pick sizes inside the RedZone on the first two possessions against mtsu... That was y'all's self appointed golden boy who faked an injury and quit on his team who did that. So please y'all just slow down and let everyone have some time to turn around a horrible situation.... Cause that's what this was. A HORRIBLE situation.
Faked an injury? Kid through for 800 yards in the 2 games prior and he faked an injury? HAVE YOU SEEN HIS SHOULDER? if not, stop putting utter nonsense out here. 1st pick vs MTSU was on Gattis and only on Gattis. 2nd was a **** of play by the DE nothing more nothing less.

Advertisement
Are you saying all of those reasons arent directly tied to Mario? Or he was victim or something? Just looking for clarity
It is all on Mario but I believe going forward Mario will have the team being competitive. I believe the days of Shannon Coker golden diaz are over. Mario will have use competitive. I think the real question is he capable to win big at Miami. I hope so but I am willing to take small steps to get to that point.

I think we will see improvements, im sure going from manny to mario is a culture shock. Hopefully now that guys know what’s expected and are more settled in we will see improvements all around.

Advertisement
It is all on Mario but I believe going forward Mario will have the team being competitive. I believe the days of Shannon Coker golden diaz are over. Mario will have use competitive. I think the real question is he capable to win big at Miami. I hope so but I am willing to take small steps to get to that point.
Mario days are worse than any of those others.. What I saw at Hard Rock last year was the worst display of football in my life.. Getting Dogwalked by MTSU is only up there with FIU at site of OB but when you combine the FSU debacle and our fans openly rooting for them thru out the season on this site I feel like I entered the twilight zone..

But Ima let you cook breh Mario tuffness 4 lyfe..

Mario days are worse than any of those others.. What I saw at Hard Rock last year was the worst display of football in my life.. Getting Dogwalked by MTSU is only up there with FIU at site of OB but when you combine the FSU debacle and our fans openly rooting for them thru out the season on this site I feel like I entered the twilight zone..

The MTSU game was coming off a close loss against A&M which turned out to be A&M wasn’t good… so we then immediately went back to So Miss and recalled ****, we saw the signs, this group are frauds… we’re ****ed…

And we were…

I don't think you can be super critical after one season. I mean a lot factored into everything. Mostly the things I mentioned. For God sake if not for lashley and tvd last year how many games do they win and it wasn't like they were destroying teams. The hurricanes are getting top end talent and hopefully they develop all the players to be contributors.

The two biggest weaknesses on the team were offensive line and linebacker, and Mario inherited the worst graded offensive line in eight years. When that suffered injuries that it could ill-afford, everything broke down.

You can also see why these positions were attacked so aggressively in the offseason.

Offensive Line
1682890107968.png

Linebacker
1682890146222.png

Advertisement
As for Shannon's recruiting, linebacker in 2008 really stands out:

1682890207984.png

As for Golden, the attrition that he saw...

1682890263530.png

2011 - 2013 saw 81 departures.

Focusing on his individual classes....

1682890363747.png

Golden had 84 commitments between 2011 and 2013.

7 failed to qualify

37 left the team within two seasons.

When talking about bad losses can't forget Manny managing to get shut out against LA tech.

I also don’t care what u believe but that’s not the conversation. I think you’re just hating on the kid lol, if mario is building a culture why would he push to keep someone like that around? And if he overstated his injury why even comeback at all? Just sit the year and save yourself from everything lol these are wild accusations for an alumni to spill on a current player.
who was it that said that Cooney pulled a gun in the locker room? this board is a clown show sometimes. its like one life to live on here.

Advertisement
I don’t totally agree that the NFL is the best evaluator of talent. There are several players that go undrafted every year that make teams and have decent nfl careers. NFL teams have bias and always will. Actually the NBA is better at evaluating talent imo

Faked an injury? Kid through for 800 yards in the 2 games prior and he faked an injury? HAVE YOU SEEN HIS SHOULDER? if not, stop putting utter nonsense out here. 1st pick vs MTSU was on Gattis and only on Gattis. 2nd was a **** of play by the DE nothing more nothing less.
Come again the 1st pick against MTSU was on GERDis?

Come on now baby!

Advertisement
Back