Takes From Yesterday's Game (semi-long)

Agree with OP. Personally, I'm glad to see this performance as it should remind everyone that Kayaa doesn't suck so much as he's played suckily for too much of the season. Maybe others don't care about the distinction, but to me it's important. The difference is that you bench a QB who sucks, and you work with a struggling but talented QB to get his issues fixed. Kayaa is the best, by far, that we've got. Replacing him this year will in no way give us a better chance at winning. Same for the OL, RBs and play calling. We're using the best we have, we just need to get more out of them.

Richt hasn't called plays in a while, so maybe he forgot how to adjust things to fit your personnel. Running screen passes was refreshing to see. Seeing quick out was refreshing to see. Utilizing the TE down the middle of the field, running some underneaths...that was all refreshing to see. If you do that from here on out, we'll be tough to beat, period. We gave away 3 games this year, and can't no one convince me otherwise. Part of it was play calling and the other part was players...but I'm putting it as 65% play calling and 35% players.

I put more on the personnel and how they've performed, but yeah. If the play calling continues to take into consideration what this team is able to do rather than what Richt would like to do, we can win out.

Advertisement
Good thing Jaquan is so smart because he's going to have to be constantly coaching whoever the other Safety is next year. I know you guys hate Carter, but Safety is a super-demanding position physically and mentally in Diaz's scheme. It's going to be very tough for a freshmans to walk in and play that position well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back