Take what you want from this.

Listen, the truth of the matter is you cannot compare one year to the next, there are too many variables. I could tell you that UNC and VT have vastly better defenses this year over last year, which is statically true, but it is a bull**** measure. You would have to know who they are playing, how that team is doing, the weather, injuries...blah, blah, blah...

Yes, I used a stat to show Coley vs. Richt, but that is because so many of you have your panties in a wad over this season, and said how you would rather have him back. Coley is a step is the wrong direction, and was so when he was here.

Give Richt at least through next season before you pull the plug. As I have shown prior, as well as others have, many successful coaches have struggled their first season and vice versa (see Larry Coker).

This team has yet to pack it in, and that is a good sign, and I hope they don't. Under the old regime they would have mailed it in after FSU. Stay strong friends and keep the faith. I'm a BBB guy, but Richt is my coach now and I support him and the players. I want success as bad as anyone on this board, and I think he will bring it!

Can't argue this. They've fought their asses off in each and every game.

Things that have improved under Richt
Conditioning/cramps/4th quarter stamina
Defense (he deserves a lot of credit for the Diaz/Kool hire)
Blocked kicks/non-offensive TDs (3 blocked punts in 1 season? Before this season I think we had 3 blocks in 5 years)
Effort and energy (especially from the defense)
WR blocking has been fantastic (despite the fact we keep getting called for BS holds)
More fan support (we've traveled really well this year, and home games have been highest since Butch/Coker)

Advertisement
Beyond the stats, Rix has an offensive upgrade with Richards this year which makes it even worse.

Rashaun Scott and Waters were main weapons last year though. Scott was underappreciated here given the **** staff he had to play under.

LOL at this revisionist history. Neither of those guys was used all that much last year.

They were either the top two targets or #1 and #3 , so they kind of were, but carry on.

You're absolutely right. How can we make up for the immortal Herb Waters' 40 catches and 1 TD? Huge hole. And Rashawn Scott was unstoppable in between all his drops. Fck outta here with these lame excuses.

Coley wasn't healthy last year. He is this year.
Berrios wasn't healthy last year. He is this year.
Dayall Harris is as good as either Scott or Waters.
Richards is far better than either Scott or Waters.

Lol, whatever you say. We agree on most things, but we'll have to just disagree here.

The second play of the game sums up the run game imo.

Richt calls a toss play to Walton (was a good call) and the pulling guard, along with FB get out in front and get some great blocks.

But instead of heading toward the wide open sideline for a big gain, Walton runs into the back of his OL and essentially tackles himself. His vision is on another level of bad. How has Travis Homer not been given a shot?

11:30, slow the speed down to 0.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id2UmGjIyfA

I have no idea whatsoever why Walton keeps getting the lion's share of the carries. You have to try something else because he's a disaster. He's a better fake cop than RB.

That toss play was blocked pretty well too. Really poor vision and patience exhibited by Walton.

Beyond the stats, Rix has an offensive upgrade with Richards this year which makes it even worse.

Rashaun Scott and Waters were main weapons last year though. Scott was underappreciated here given the **** staff he had to play under.

LOL at this revisionist history. Neither of those guys was used all that much last year.

I'm starting to wonder if you even watch this team or just come here to troll all the time.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on this site.

Waters had 1 TD all fcking year, dummy. He averaged 3 catches per game. You can't replace that kind of production.

And Scott? Oh boy. That's like Calvin Johnson retiring right there.

Your exact quote was that those guys weren't used all that much.

Except for the fact that Scott led the team in targets,receptions, and touchdown catches, you're right he wasn't used all that much.

You are a fake. Most everyone here is smart enough to know it. Maybe you should create a 3rd account to back up the RVACane one you created so you can have two fake accounts blowing your ****** opinions on here.

Look at Yearby at 25:55. Terrible read from the "shifty" one of the 2 RBs. The blocking was actually pretty good, including upfield, and the play was set up pretty well for him to cut left. But he chose to run where the whole was not. Hard to watch, for a RB from south Florida, played at the highest levels his whole life, etc. Not Richt's fault. Not the OL's fault.

Man, that could've been a yuuuge gain. We had them leveraged with no deep safety on that side of the field.

There's actually another play where the same result happened with Walton. I have to go back and watch the game to find it, but I posted it in our email list as soon as it happened, and I'm not talking about the one that's already been posted in here. It's ridiculous to be honest. As I said in another thread, my 16 year old son looked at me and said, "what was the RB thinking dad?"

Advertisement
**** guys. If we don't return every middling player every year, we're doomed to have horrific offensive performances for eternity. How will we ever replace Marquez Williams in 2018?

Advertisement

I'm starting to wonder if you even watch this team or just come here to troll all the time.

Waters had 1 TD all fcking year, dummy. He averaged 3 catches per game. You can't replace that kind of production.

Except for the fact that Scott led the team in targets,receptions, and touchdown catches, you're right he wasn't used all that much.

You are a fake. Most everyone here is smart enough to know it. Maybe you should create a 3rd account to back up the RVACane one you created so you can have two fake accounts blowing your ****ty opinions on here.

Thanks dude... I'm a real person. My writing style is completely different than Chise's but I'll take it as a compliment. I don't agree with everything authored by the Chise but I do on a lot of things.

You see what you want in my opinions, I don't care. I'm trying to be logical and objective and when I look at the facts I see that Coley got more out of virtually the same players than Richt. I have no doubt that the results will be different when Richt gets his players but the problem is that right now this is what he has and it's more important, in my opinion, that he win games anyway he can this year as opposed to running an offense that these players are not capable of executing.

To me these types of adjustments make a coach better. Shula went to the Superbowl with Griese/Morrall and Czonka, Woodley and the Elephant backfield and Marino, Duper and Clayton. He adjusted his attack based on personnel as opposed to forcing one size on all.

I'll tell you what I take from it. Coley sucked. And Patricht Rix sucks even harder.

Waters wasn't a full time starter and was underutilized during his tenure here. Scott was talented but like most of our receivers had a little bit of a drop problem

You are a fake. Most everyone here is smart enough to know it. Maybe you should create a 3rd account to back up the RVACane one you created so you can have two fake accounts blowing your ****** opinions on here.

"Used all that much" can mean more than "played a lot," simp. If you count Waters' 1 TD and 3 catches per game as being "used a lot," then you're a lost cause. Scott wasn't used all that much either. He had 50 catches. Both guys are easily replaced with the guys currently at WR.

Advertisement
Lol I'm as disappointed as anyone with our record but you guys acting like we are stacked with talent are doing too much. I know you're trying to get your anti Richt momentum going but just because we have a couple handfuls of good players doesn't mean that much. Other teams have scholarship players too and most more than us. Overall talent and depth is a real problem. Just because a kid had an additional star by his name doesn't mean he's actually worth a ****.

Considering how poor our running game is, it's a **** miracle we've lost our games as closely as we have. You post those kind of numbers, in particular this past weekend against the Domers, you should never be in a position to win.

I said it on Saturday, Walton and Yearby aren't as bad as they're showing. They are far from elite, but when you're doing as bad as they are, look no further than the OL. We're often flabbergasted at Richt and his unexplainable run calls at times, in those the defense isn't expecting that either. Even then we get nowhere basically more often than not, which is another indicator that the OL sucks.

Advertisement
Back