Take what you want from this.

Canes21

Junior
Banned
Last year, vs the P5 we had 321 attempts for 981 yards which is 3.1 yards a carry. Our best game was UVA where we averaged 4.3 yards a carry(33 for 143). The only other game we averaged at least 4 was against Nebraska which was a 4.0(33 for 132).

So far, against the P5 we have 138 attempts for 392 yards which is 2.8 yards a carry. Our best game was GT where we had 27 carries go for 114 yards which is 4.2 a pop. That's the only P5 game over 4.0

If you want to compare stats versus the same teams from last year to this year then:

------------2015-------Opp-----------2016---------
19 Att 20 Yds 1.1 Avg FSU 28 Att 62 Yds 1.4 Avg
39 Att 99 Yds 2.5 Avg VT 29 Att 42 Yds 1.4 Avg
32 Att 99 Yds 3.1 Avg UNC 36 Att 139 Yds 3.9 Avg
28 Att 86 Yds 3.1 Avg GT 27 Att 114 Yds 4.2 Avg

118 Att 304 Yds 2.6 Avg---120 Att 357 Yds 3.0 Avg

Take what you want from it.

Advertisement
After analyzing this data closely, I have reached the conclusion that we sucked last year and suck this year.

The second play of the game sums up the run game imo.

Richt calls a toss play to Walton (was a good call) and the pulling guard, along with FB get out in front and get some great blocks.

But instead of heading toward the wide open sideline for a big gain, Walton runs into the back of his OL and essentially tackles himself. His vision is on another level of bad. How has Travis Homer not been given a shot?

11:30, slow the speed down to 0.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id2UmGjIyfA

Last edited:
Advertisement
The first play of the game sums up the run game imo.

Richt calls a toss play to Walton (was a good call) and the pulling guard, along with FB get out in front and get some great blocks.

But instead of heading toward the wide open sideline for a big gain, Walton runs into the back of his OL and essentially tackles himself. His vision is on another level of bad. How has Travis Homer not been given a shot?

And Walton didn't get too many carries. Last year's stats are with Yearby getting most of the carries and we all know he actually has good vision and amazing feet. He just lacks top end speed.

Richt and Brown need to stop playing Walton so much.

The first play of the game sums up the run game imo.

And Walton didn't get too many carries. Last year's stats are with Yearby getting most of the carries and we all know he actually has good vision and amazing feet. He just lacks top end speed.

Richt and Brown need to stop playing Walton so much.

This right here. Only difference is Walton is getting the bulk of the carries. His vision and instincts as a runner is some of worst we have had as the top back. Change needs to be made. Dude either runs into his own guy or runs right into a defender even when we get a good call from Richt and good blocking from the line.

The second play of the game sums up the run game imo.

11:30, slow the speed down to 0.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id2UmGjIyfA

I have no idea whatsoever why Walton keeps getting the lion's share of the carries. You have to try something else because he's a disaster. He's a better fake cop than RB.

Advertisement
the line...with the same exact players is averaging one more sack a game than our worst avg this entire decade....

how does that happen? the players are the same... and they've gotten worse? and all of them were rated top 20 at their pos.

Advertisement
Look at Yearby at 25:55. Terrible read from the "shifty" one of the 2 RBs. The blocking was actually pretty good, including upfield, and the play was set up pretty well for him to cut left. But he chose to run where the whole was not. Hard to watch, for a RB from south Florida, played at the highest levels his whole life, etc. Not Richt's fault. Not the OL's fault.

Advertisement
I'll tell you what I take from it. Coley sucked. And Patricht Rix sucks even harder.

Beyond the stats, Rix has an offensive upgrade with Richards this year which makes it even worse.

Rashaun Scott and Waters were main weapons last year though. Scott was underappreciated here given the **** staff he had to play under.

LOL at this revisionist history. Neither of those guys was used all that much last year.

I'll tell you what I take from it. Coley sucked. And Patricht Rix sucks even harder.

Beyond the stats, Rix has an offensive upgrade with Richards this year which makes it even worse.

Rashaun Scott and Waters were main weapons last year though. Scott was underappreciated here given the **** staff he had to play under.

LOL at this revisionist history. Neither of those guys was used all that much last year.

They were either the top two targets or #1 and #3 , so they kind of were, but carry on.

Richards the true freshman that leads the team in drops? More overhype. Kid is gonna be a good one but how about we let a kid prove it before we crown him for once.

Advertisement
Back