Take what you want from this.

I'll tell you what I take from it. Coley sucked. And Patricht Rix sucks even harder.

Beyond the stats, Rix has an offensive upgrade with Richards this year which makes it even worse.

Rashaun Scott and Waters were main weapons last year though. Scott was underappreciated here given the **** staff he had to play under.

LOL at this revisionist history. Neither of those guys was used all that much last year.

LOL

cfbstats.com - 2015 Miami (Florida) Hurricanes Receiving

Advertisement
I'll tell you what I take from it. Coley sucked. And Patricht Rix sucks even harder.

Beyond the stats, Rix has an offensive upgrade with Richards this year which makes it even worse.

Rashaun Scott and Waters were main weapons last year though. Scott was underappreciated here given the **** staff he had to play under.

LOL at this revisionist history. Neither of those guys was used all that much last year.

I'm starting to wonder if you even watch this team or just come here to troll all the time.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on this site.

LOL

cfbstats.com - 2015 Miami (Florida) Hurricanes Receiving

Waters and Scott vs Richards and Mullins from a talent perspective.

I think we see more Gus and Homer going forward. No reason not to see what they have because we know what we have in these two. Avg but not game breaking. I think Yearby is the better back but thats not saying alot.

Advertisement
The first play of the game sums up the run game imo.

Richt calls a toss play to Walton (was a good call) and the pulling guard, along with FB get out in front and get some great blocks.

But instead of heading toward the wide open sideline for a big gain, Walton runs into the back of his OL and essentially tackles himself. His vision is on another level of bad. How has Travis Homer not been given a shot?

And Walton didn't get too many carries. Last year's stats are with Yearby getting most of the carries and we all know he actually has good vision and amazing feet. He just lacks top end speed.

Richt and Brown need to stop playing Walton so much.

This right here. Only difference is Walton is getting the bulk of the carries. His vision and instincts as a runner is some of worst we have had as the top back. Change needs to be made. Dude either runs into his own guy or runs right into a defender even when we get a good call from Richt and good blocking from the line.

Didn't Yearby run into the back of the ol'man on 4th and 1? 1:13 in the video. He stopped himself.

Richards the true freshman that leads the team in drops? More overhype. Kid is gonna be a good one but how about we let a kid prove it before we crown him for once.

He also leads our team in reception yards

The second play of the game sums up the run game imo.

Richt calls a toss play to Walton (was a good call) and the pulling guard, along with FB get out in front and get some great blocks.

But instead of heading toward the wide open sideline for a big gain, Walton runs into the back of his OL and essentially tackles himself. His vision is on another level of bad. How has Travis Homer not been given a shot?

11:30, slow the speed down to 0.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id2UmGjIyfA

I have no idea whatsoever why Walton keeps getting the lion's share of the carries. You have to try something else because he's a disaster. He's a better fake cop than RB.

This has been mind boggling to me since Walton was moved ahead Yearby back in the off season. The dude has always been trash and can only make big runs when the OL is holding the other team.

Look at Yearby at 25:55. Terrible read from the "shifty" one of the 2 RBs. The blocking was actually pretty good, including upfield, and the play was set up pretty well for him to cut left. But he chose to run where the whole was not. Hard to watch, for a RB from south Florida, played at the highest levels his whole life, etc. Not Richt's fault. Not the OL's fault.

Man, that could've been a yuuuge gain. We had them leveraged with no deep safety on that side of the field.

Advertisement

They were either the top two targets or #1 and #3 , so they kind of were, but carry on.

You're absolutely right. How can we make up for the immortal Herb Waters' 40 catches and 1 TD? Huge hole. And Rashawn Scott was unstoppable in between all his drops. Fck outta here with these lame excuses.

Coley wasn't healthy last year. He is this year.
Berrios wasn't healthy last year. He is this year.
Dayall Harris is as good as either Scott or Waters.
Richards is far better than either Scott or Waters.

Richards the true freshman that leads the team in drops? More overhype. Kid is gonna be a good one but how about we let a kid prove it before we crown him for once.

Scott dropped more passes in the bowl game than Richards has all year. But carry one with this lame ****.

I'm starting to wonder if you even watch this team or just come here to troll all the time.

Waters had 1 TD all fcking year, dummy. He averaged 3 catches per game. You can't replace that kind of production.

And Scott? Oh boy. That's like Calvin Johnson retiring right there.

Advertisement
The second play of the game sums up the run game imo.

That toss play was a very good call, in fact the most promising offensive sign in weeks. Yeah, it had great potential for a big gain before being botched. I took it as mostly a technicality. The fact the coaching staff understood the need for a play like that meant more would follow.

Unfortunately we seemingly had a quota of everything, including RPO plays and I formation up the middle even in unfavorable situations. I was desperate for some wrinkles, like the ones San Diego State employs.

I expect increasing use of base power looks for the remainder of the season. Any style that uses Kaaya in the shotgun trying to make multiple reads while his feet are pattering all over the place is destined to fail.

I'm not saying it would be earth shattering but Yearby should've had 85% of the carries over the past 4 games. Yearby avg 4.9 during those 4 games vs Walton who avg 3.5

I just have no idea where Walton was running. Watching it live I almost choked on my beer when he ran into the blocks.

Advertisement

Waters had 1 TD all fcking year, dummy. He averaged 3 catches per game. You can't replace that kind of production.

And Scott? Oh boy. That's like Calvin Johnson retiring right there.

LMAO... You're going porst by porst and taking em each out. Stick n move, stick n move... It's like Rakim from Eric B & Rakim eatin 21 MC's up at the same time in the song My Melody (1986).

Listen, the truth of the matter is you cannot compare one year to the next, there are too many variables. I could tell you that UNC and VT have vastly better defenses this year over last year, which is statically true, but it is a bull**** measure. You would have to know who they are playing, how that team is doing, the weather, injuries...blah, blah, blah...

Yes, I used a stat to show Coley vs. Richt, but that is because so many of you have your panties in a wad over this season, and said how you would rather have him back. Coley is a step is the wrong direction, and was so when he was here.

Give Richt at least through next season before you pull the plug. As I have shown prior, as well as others have, many successful coaches have struggled their first season and vice versa (see Larry Coker).

This team has yet to pack it in, and that is a good sign, and I hope they don't. Under the old regime they would have mailed it in after FSU. Stay strong friends and keep the faith. I'm a BBB guy, but Richt is my coach now and I support him and the players. I want success as bad as anyone on this board, and I think he will bring it!

Advertisement
Back