Take a deep breathe

Jaquan Johnson, Micheal Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, Gerald Willis... Also, Blake calling plays not Manny.
Trust me when I say Either we improve weekly on defense or Manny will fire Blake Baker at the end of the year.

Hope you are right...but I dont believe he will fire anybody on the defensive staff. I guess we shall see.

Advertisement
I'm sorry...but the heat on Manny is only going to get worse if we don't finish the season strong. And by strong I mean beating everyone left on our pathetic schedule not named Clemson.

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact we had 2 weeks to prepare for a North Carolina team we are CLEARLY more talented than....and looked that bad. DBJ disciples can spin it however they want, but that's a damning series of events we just witnessed. He's got zero margin for error from this point forward or he'll lose the fan base quickly.

To say nothing of the damage to recruiting that face planting on the remainder of this ****** *** schedule would have on the immediate future of the program.

He needs to win these winnable games. Period.

I agree on this. We have got to stop thinking that only the best player come from South Florida, and start recruiting elsewhere.

Elite OOS players have no loyalty to us and are even harder for us to recruit than the local talents.

Golden got blasted for bringing in kids like Kiy Hester after missing on local elites.

I went through the 247 composite looking for any prospect we could have targeted in 17 and 18 that didnt land at a power 5 school that drops bags or in their own backyard. Midwest and plains kids go to the OU, Texas, ND, Michigan, Taint. SE kids go to the SEC or Clemson. Kids out west tend to stay local. My point continues to be that the staffs recruitment of S was not an abject failure. They just had a bad class in 2016 that left them short of exp in 2019 and that was out of their hands a bit. They did seem to be aware of it and tried to bring in a guy to help and he got hung up in the clearing house.

In 2017 questionable so in 2019 Manny gets Bolden and the ncaa ****ed that up

2018 Gurvan

2019 Keontra

2020 Francois (for now)

I'm not sure I would trade Gurvan or Keontra for some similar quality OOS player from their class.

No doubt about it. We should have mopped the floor with every ACC team we played and should have beat UF. This is just bad coaching. He better start firing guys for under performing or we have Golden 2.0 on our hands.

We hired a guy from Temple. We already have Golden 2.0. Him firing people only makes him Shannon 2.0.

Advertisement
He already has all "his guys" in on defense. He has no excuses for the regression on defense.
Let's stop with this "all his guys" nonsense. Have you watched any of the games? Have read any of Roman's or Lance's posts? This is not a talent issue. They're making mistakes or put in bad positions because of bad play calls or lack of adjustments.

That doesn't mean that he's not ultimately responsible for getting the team ready to play but at least get the narrative right.

Let's stop with this "all his guys" nonsense. Have you watched any of the games? Have read any of Roman's or Lance's posts? This is not a talent issue. They're making mistakes or put in bad positions because of bad play calls or lack of adjustments.

That doesn't mean that he's not ultimately responsible for getting the team ready to play but at least get the narrative right.

He did the same schit last year, but his talent advantage saved his ***. Look what happened against Whisky when we didn't have a massive talent advantage.

It is 3 fold. He didn't prepare them, he didn't hire the right coordinators, and he didn't recruit well.

He did the same schit last year, but his talent advantage saved his ***. Look what happened against Whisky when we didn't have a massive talent advantage.

It is 3 fold. He didn't prepare them, he didn't hire the right coordinators, and he didn't recruit well.
He didn't do the same thing last year. You're saying our talent saved us last year, but last year you said we didn't have enough "difference makers", he can't recruit.

Against Wisconsin the whole team gave up, they went full circle, just like it started against LSU. If anything, that tells me mentally they didn't have it.

But all of that is completely irrelevant as far as this year. In both games, talent was not the issue. They made plays, They made mistake. The mistakes far outnumbered the plays. They just did not come out prepared to win.

He didn't do the same thing last year. You're saying our talent saved us last year, but last year you said we didn't have enough "difference makers", he can't recruit.

Against Wisconsin the whole team gave up, they went full circle, just like it started against LSU. If anything, that tells me mentally they didn't have it.

But all of that is completely irrelevant as far as this year. In both games, talent was not the issue. They made plays, They made mistake. The mistakes far outnumbered the plays. They just did not come out prepared to win.

Where did I say last year we didn't have enough "difference Makers". You must be confusing my post with another poster.

*********. That defense got exposed. They didn't give up.

If talent wasn't the issue this year, than coaching is and that falls on your boy Manny.

Advertisement
Where did I say last year we didn't have enough "difference Makers". You must be confusing my post with another poster.

If talent wasn't the issue this year, than coaching is and that falls on your boy Manny.

Jesus Christ. What do you think I'm saying. Of course coaching is. That's why they aren't ready on game day. And of course they gave up. Willis took the day off to "get ready" for the draft. Manny was doing his thing for Temple. Richt and his new co-coordinators went threw the motions. The impact on the field was clear as mud.

Whether you like it or not Manny is the coach, "our coach". I've accepted that. And this is coming from someone whos was ****ed off that James panicked when he hired Manny without even interviewing a single candidate.

Talent and inexperience are an issue.

Jarren will be a great QB.....just not at Miami. If he has a good year and we go 4-7 or worse, he’s in the Portal and gone. Better than getting killed by this *** OL or just frustrated by his teammates dropped balls, stupid penalties, and the boneheaded coaching. Having to run for your life every time the ball is snapped and when you do get some time, your receiver drops it will get very old fast. Don’t forget he almost left last year.
Gone? Sure.

Been talkin' to Jarren? He confide in you?

Maybe you're his girlfriend?

Advertisement
Nothing to argue or explain. He’s just another **** coach we rushed to hire. Saw everything I needed to see in 2 games. Undisciplined & unprepared. That doesn’t go away. Not in year 1 not in year 6.
Same with Butch.

Sideline was a Chinese Fire Drill.

Assembled most talented team, ever, though.

Advertisement
Back