Take a deep breathe

Yup he has to be willing to get rid of guys and show he's serious about winning. We can't stay in the same rut like we have for 15 years. The other coaches weren't willing to fire coaches early or the school wouldn't pay for upgrades. I'm getting to old for this ****. lol

I know what you mean lol. This is a business. They need to run it like one. Under performers get fired.

Advertisement
You want to feel good? Just watch the offense and see what it can become when well blocked up front.

Just don't watch the defense.

We've seen Manny's defenses endure some serious problems before. Like the beginning of 17' (Think Bethune game). Adjusted, and although not perfect, let havoc and turnovers mask some of the deficiencies we had defending the pass. Then the defense got demolished again by Clemson and Wisconsin before he adjusted again (Think Striker).

This adjustment's going to be tricky, and unfounded territory being a first time coach because he's not going to be calling plays any longer and is going to figure out how to get it fixed with other egos involved. But something needs to happen with how we're defending in the secondary when it seems like teams are attacking our strikers down the field, and taking advantage of man coverage without pressure.

They adjusted personnel to help an offense (Scaife to RT, Clark to RG) that looked doomed in game one and made the difference. He's going to have to make some adjustments with scheme and personnel on d (obviously). I think we need to see more of Rousseau. Patchan and Garvin shouldn't be in the game together any longer unless we're facing a Wisconsin type ground and pound attack. ***** the QB spies, if they scramble for a first down here of there, fine. Let the QB start thinking he can pull it down and run against our all out pass rush.

I really hope Nesta is an above average player, because Bethel doesn't really give us much up the middle. We need someone that can help take double teams off of Ford. I'm excited about Huff and Brooks at linebacker. I'm starting to wonder what this defense, that's always been suspect setting an edge would look like with fast striking linebackers that can beat some of these receivers and running backs to the sideline.

Advertisement
Frank Beamer was 24-40-2 in his first six seasons at Va Tech. Including 2-8-1 in year 6. By that standard, we gave Shannon 3 less years than we should have, and Golden 2.5 less years than we should have.

You have to wait until year 7 to evaluate a coach.
I'm more a Manny fan than not (but treading downward) but why can't a Big Time school like us hire a Tried and tested HC, not one "who needs to be given a chance to learn on the job, a newbie".

I do cut some slack that the Admin may not be giving the dollars to hire all top notch staff (like ST-s) but if Manny can't turn this ship around soon I don't see a lot of patience from the banner flyers.

Frank Beamer was 24-40-2 in his first six seasons at Va Tech. Including 2-8-1 in year 6. By that standard, we gave Shannon 3 less years than we should have, and Golden 2.5 less years than we should have.

What. The. ****.

This is a joke, right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have lost two one possession games on the road. We will be fine once our young guys get acclimated and our coaches make adjustments.

We have a run of 5 straight home games. We will end the season with 8-9 wins.

He already has all "his guys" in on defense. He has no excuses for the regression on defense.

He doesn't as he recruited them, but if you didn't expect a drop off on the DL and secondary, I don't know what to tell you. That was obvious to all but the sunshine pumped coming into the season.

It's also easy to say he recruited these guys. It would also be a lazy and incomplete statement that doesn't tell complete story. He was here, but he was on a rudderless ship with Richt at the helm. We've sucked for years. We were and still are a tough sell to this day. It's up to him to find his guys, but guess what, he knows the ones he took weaknesses and may even be a long shot in some cases to contribute. Guess what, he still had to take them as it was the best he could get. Sometimes that isn't good enough, no matter how much you coach them up.

Advertisement
Not a chance. NoD pt2. Manny the savage doesn't have it in him to fire his friend, who's also a new father.
Do you know how many defensive coordinators have been fired after 2 games? I’d love to see a list.

Maybe refine the results to exclude coaches who have given up 30+ in either game.

Dabo didn’t win until he got a great QB and a really good DC.

I think Jarren has the tools to be a great college QB. Now can we get a defense to go with him?
They are having a sale at Walmart, let’s go pick one up. If only Manny has been our defensive coordinator the last few years we’d have one in place. Wait.....

Do you know how many defensive coordinators have been fired after 2 games? I’d love to see a list.

Maybe refine the results to exclude coaches who have given up 30+ in either game.
It’s a longer list than the list of DC that made UNC with a freshman qb look like tom Brady and the Patriots.

I'm more a Manny fan than not (but treading downward) but why can't a Big Time school like us hire a Tried and tested HC, not one "who needs to be given a chance to learn on the job, a newbie".

I do cut some slack that the Admin may not be giving the dollars to hire all top notch staff (like ST-s) but if Manny can't turn this ship around soon I don't see a lot of patience from the banner flyers.
We just had a tried and tested coach and by the end of things he looked to be an emotional wreck. I don't know what is going on, whether it's something behind the scenes, bad luck, karma but why can't we hit on a coach?

Advertisement
Back