Take a deep breathe

Advertisement
He already has all "his guys" in on defense. He has no excuses for the regression on defense.

Except that he's starting a mostly new, very young secondary and that's where we keep making major **** ups. It took two years for Redwine and Jaquan to mature into the dominant tandem that they became. Mostly because Redwine kept ******* up. Let's see if the back end actually starts to improve before we start damning our defensive coaching staff.

Saturday night Knowles had to play more snaps than he should have and he, as always, read his cues wrong and lined up in a terrible spot leaving Bandy vulnerable and Bandy got smoked. Knowles, Hall, and Carter are the opposite of Jaquan in that they still make frequent mental ***** ups and **** themselves before the play even starts. Instead of having a player on the field that prevents or erases mental errors we have players contributing to them. That changes the complexion of the defense big time. Remember the safeties are lined up with the full view of the field. All the other players are lined up in the formation and they aren't going to turn their heads away from the LOS to make sure the back end isn't ****ed up.

The safeties are the last line of defense on the field and from a mental aspect. Once the safeties are no longer a mental liability this team will make a huge leap forward. If they become an asset we will go back to dominating and the front 7 will feast as they have in the past.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Except that he's starting a mostly new, very young secondary and that's where we keep making major **** ups. It took two years for Redwine and Jaquan to mature into the dominant tandem that they became. Mostly because Redwine kept ******* up. Let's see if the back end actually starts to improve before we start damning our defensive coaching staff.

Saturday night Knowles had to play more snaps then he should have and he, as always, read his cues wrong and lined up in a terrible spot leaving Bandy vulnerable and Bandy got smoked. Knowles, Hall, and Carter are the opposite of Jaquan in that they still make frequent mental ***** ups and **** themselves before the play even starts. Instead of having a player on the field that prevents or erases mental errors we have players contributing to them. That changes the complexion of the defense big time. Remember the safeties are lined up with the full view of the field. All the other players are lined up in the formation and they aren't going to turn their heads away from the LOS to make sure the back end isn't ****ed up.

The safeties are the last line of defense on the field and from a mental aspect. Once the safeties are no longer a mental liability this team will make a huge leap forward. If they become an asset we will go back to dominating and the front 7 will feast as they have in the past.

On that note, let's not forget that they were starting a true freshman QB on a team that went 2-9 last year...

Advertisement
With this 0-2 start, I wonder how many "fans" are rooting for a complete collapse for the rest of the season, just so they can say they were "right"? Also, if we start blowing everyone out and Manny turns the program around, how many of those will start calling him a "gawd", and act as if they never had any doubt. I guess time will tell, but I still have hope in the team, coaches and turning this season around. Next season, if **** hasn't been fixed, then i'll call for some heads to be rolled. .

I am guessing more than one has been fired, so that would indeed be more.
Howell stats:

Miami: 16/24, 274 yards, 2 TD
S. Car: 15/24, 245 yards, 2 TD

If his stat line against Miami makes him Tom Brady, I'm guessing his nearly identical stat line against South Carolina also makes him Tom Brady.

If you can find me 3 DC's that got fired after 2 games on the job giving up less than 30 points, I'll concede. Otherwise, cut the hyperbole.

Advertisement
Dabo didn’t win until he got a great QB and a really good DC.

I think Jarren has the tools to be a great college QB. Now can we get a defense to go with him?
Jarren will be a great QB.....just not at Miami. If he has a good year and we go 4-7 or worse, he’s in the Portal and gone. Better than getting killed by this *** OL or just frustrated by his teammates dropped balls, stupid penalties, and the boneheaded coaching. Having to run for your life every time the ball is snapped and when you do get some time, your receiver drops it will get very old fast. Don’t forget he almost left last year.

Last edited:
On that note, let's not forget that they were starting a true freshman QB on a team that went 2-9 last year...

When the offense makes a basic mental mistake it usually doesn't result in points for the other team. Most likely a sack or TFL which we did plenty against UNC. UNC was disciplined enough to not turn it over, but they made plenty of mistakes.

BTW Miami's much younger offense basically did the same thing, minus a couple bad plays in the Redzone.

If you compare our oline to UNC you will see that they have some decent experience on their o line. Their most inexperienced lineman is a RS/FR Ed Montilus playing guard between a SR center and RS/SR LT, the others are RS/SO or third year players. Meanwhile we have Vaughn sandwiched in between three first year starters, two of which are True Freshman.

Compare LT LG C RG RT

UNC RS/SR RS/FR SR RS/SO RS/SO

UM FR JR RS/SO FR SO

0-2 sucks but what we are doing along the o line is impressive and should translate into the one thing we have been wanting for about 10-12 years, a dominant group of hoss's in a year or two. We will walk into the game against Bama in 2021 with this entire line, save maybe Donaldson. Williams at QB and hopefully Lingard and Chaney in the backfield. That's a future to be excited about and a vision I can get on board with.

As far as the defense, in game one we made some mental errors and it cost us big. In game two we lost the most veteran player in the back end, a player not exactly known for mental discipline, and replaced him with a player notorious for making mental mistakes and it cost us again. I want to believe the safety group will get it together soon. They have to if we want to salvage the season but I'm not ready to lay all the blame on the coaches just yet.

Jarren will be a great QB.....just not at Miami. If he has a good year and we go 4-7 or less, he’s in the Portal and gone. Better than getting killed by this *** OL or just frustrated by his teammates dropped balls, stupid penalties, and boneheaded coaching.
Wow...

Advertisement
Jarren will be a great QB.....just not at Miami. If he has a good year and we go 4-7 or less, he’s in the Portal and gone. Better than getting killed by this *** OL or just frustrated by his teammates dropped balls, stupid penalties, and boneheaded coaching.
You keep pandering this meaningless opinion. This take is dumb as **** man come on now lol

Unfortunately, Shanny pulled a Mark T. Richt, and hired all of his sons on defense. Dude finally got us a competent QB coach/OC then turned around and Richt Rolled us on D hiring his sons.
I didn't like the composition of the defensive staff when Manny announced it including Baker, and I got negged to oblivion. It was blatantly obvious from the get go.

I didn't like the composition of the defensive staff when Manny announced it including Baker, and I got negged to oblivion. It was blatantly obvious from the get go.
Manny did not inherit a juggernaut good grief if it wasn’t for the portal I hate to see where we be now: my only question is why post probation we are still only carrying basically 70 players or less with injured players where are we at 65 available: we should have a full roster with a minimum of 10 to 15 players redshirting getting better

Saturday night Knowles had to play more snaps than he should have and he, as always, read his cues wrong and lined up in a terrible spot leaving Bandy vulnerable and Bandy got smoked. Knowles, Hall, and Carter are the opposite of Jaquan in that they still make frequent mental ***** ups and **** themselves before the play even starts. Instead of having a player on the field that prevents or erases mental errors we have players contributing to them. That changes the complexion of the defense big time. Remember the safeties are lined up with the full view of the field. All the other players are lined up in the formation and they aren't going to turn their heads away from the LOS to make sure the back end isn't ****ed up.

And whose fault is that? Had he recruited at a higher level we would have more upper classmen playing in the secondary.

He wasn't just left with this secondary. He built it, he should have been aware of these glaring deficiencies and recruited for it years ago.

Advertisement
Back