Take a deep breathe

firstandcanes

Sophomore
There's so much bickering on this site, I've reserved comment until things settled a bit after the UNC game. Yeah it still feels like a punch in the gut to be 0-2 but we've been in those games all the way to the end. Losing sucks but, I'd rather lose that way then be embarrassed like we were to start last season getting trounced on national TV by LSU.

Our 0-2 start got me thinking about how some of the best coaches got their start in season one at a new school. Saban went 7-6 his first season at Alabaga. Myer went 9-3 first season with the Gaytors. Dabo was only 19-15 through 2 and a half season. Even our beloved JJ lost five games year one coming off a national title.

Manny could very well turn out to be a giant bust as a head coach and the odds of him turning into a Dabo or any of those I mentioned are slim at best. But let's wait until season's end to judge what his path as a hc is looking like. Plenty of teams have started a season slow only to gain momentum as the season goes on and set themselves up for future success.There's still a long ways to go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we were 2 - 0, we'd be sunshine-pumped to believe we were a top 10 team and contender. (a la 2017). I'm not going to reach and compare Manny to anyone at this point, but for all we've "lost" this O would put us in a great position with any of the more senior defenses we've had in recent years. Keep improving. All's not lost. We are "basically" what we expected step back on D, step forward on O (with an extra loss to unc as a surprise for Baxa/4th down/etc).

Advertisement
What’s up next? John McKay’s 2 losing seasons to open up his USCw tenure? Mack Brown’s two 1-10 seasons to open his original UNC tenure?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's got too. Better make some changes in the D in the next two games. This team should have been 12-0 with this schedule.

No doubt about it. We should have mopped the floor with every ACC team we played and should have beat UF. This is just bad coaching. He better start firing guys for under performing or we have Golden 2.0 on our hands.

No doubt about it. We should have mopped the floor with every ACC team we played and should have beat UF. This is just bad coaching. He better start firing guys for under performing or we have Golden 2.0 on our hands.

Yup he has to be willing to get rid of guys and show he's serious about winning. We can't stay in the same rut like we have for 15 years. The other coaches weren't willing to fire coaches early or the school wouldn't pay for upgrades. I'm getting to old for this ****. lol

Advertisement
Back