Take a chit on Pitt (2/8 ESPNU at 7)

Glad to get that one.

Very fortunate. It would be killer to watch this group hit on all cylinders for 2 periods.

As to the commentators, they couldn't be more anti-UM if they tried.

I love Larranaga putting them all in their place on the last inbound saying it was not huge deal if they called a foul on AR since we had one to give...though it was clearly a charge.

I have to be honest, I felt certain they would call that on AR late once they realized Pitt couldn't get a last second shot up.

UM

No matter what it wasn't a shooting foul. There would have been hardly any time on the clock. It would be very difficult for them to ***** us on that one.

With foul to give, that is exactly what he should have done, I thought it was a very good play. The bozoes on ESPN were so out of touch with the situation with the game on the line, they should be fired. Miami is going as far as Angel takes them, unfortunately he plays like he is bi-polar.

Advertisement
Big win against an NCAA Tournament team. Wasn't pretty, but Angel came through when we needed him. He made up for Newton's poor showing tonight in all aspects too. Bottom line, we're 19-4, 8-3 heading into another big game, against another (likely) NCAA team.

Big win against an NCAA Tournament team. Wasn't pretty, but Angel came through when we needed him. He made up for Newton's poor showing tonight in all aspects too. Bottom line, we're 19-4, 8-3 heading into another big game, against another (likely) NCAA team.

Just win baby!

A Rod: 17 points (on 6 of 12 shooting), 8 assists, 1 turnover. Not to mention the heady playing in the last 2 seconds of the game.

With Newton having by far his worst game of the season, we lose this game badly without A Rod.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A Rod: 17 points (on 6 of 12 shooting), 8 assists, 1 turnover. Not to mention the heady playing in the last 2 seconds of the game.

With Newton having by far his worst game of the season, we lose this game badly without A Rod.

Truf

I think we all know Angel is capable of that kind of complete game, but we need him to be more consistent down the stretch. Hope he can do it. If so, watch out.

I think we all know Angel is capable of that kind of complete game, but we need him to be more consistent down the stretch. Hope he can do it. If so, watch out.

Exactly, we all know what he can do. Its just hard to believe that the following 2 stat lines came from the same player in back to back games

2/7 vs Gtech 0-6, 0 points, 6 assists, 1 TOs
2/9 vs Pitt 6-12, 17 points, 8 assists, 1 TOs

edit- ****ed up the TOs

Last edited:

Exactly, we all know what he can do. Its just hard to believe that the following 2 stat lines came from the same player in back to back games

edit- ****ed up the TOs

The constant lately is a lot of assists and not a lot of turnovers. I'll take it.

Advertisement
With the exception of TJ who was uncharacteristically saddled with foul trouble, it was interesting how L played the starters almost the entire game tonight. Did ICU's absence mess up the whole rotation?

edit- ****ed up the TOs

The constant lately is a lot of assists and not a lot of turnovers. I'll take it.

Yep 7.2 assists per game over the last 5 and only 1.2 turnovers per game. 6 to 1 assist to TO ratio is nice.

edit- ****ed up the TOs

What Angel is doing is... NOT turning the ball over and NOT taking bad shots! That is what Miami needs from him.

Shots aren't always going to fall, like vs GT, but he shot good shots.

This game taught me two things:

1) Ebuka Izundu may not be so bad. He acquitted himself well in the few minutes of play he got in the 1st Half while Jekiri was saddled with foul trouble.

2) I already knew this, but Len Elmore is the ******* worst announcer in ESPN history. He blows.

Advertisement

edit- ****ed up the TOs

Bi-Polar, may need some meds

1) Ebuka Izundu may not be so bad. He acquitted himself well in the few minutes of play he got in the 1st Half while Jekiri was saddled with foul trouble.

2) I already knew this, but Len Elmore is the ******* worst announcer in ESPN history. He blows.

and he swallows. its criminal how little they announced the action of the game or knew what was going on with the 1.4 on the clock. Adrian Branch followed that up by not understanding why the risk of the foul that could put the guy on the line.

What I find most curious is how these idiots actually indicated in the broadcast that Miami had a foul to give. As said before they should be fired, instead they continue to throw the bs out there.

Izundu actually looks better than Jekiri did as a freshman. I think we're all overlooking him for next year, he may end up starting at C if he can improve a little in the offseason.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2492780 said:

Izundu actually looks better than Jekiri did as a freshman. I think we're all overlooking him for next year, he may end up starting at C if he can improve a little in the offseason.
Yep. If he can continue to develop and (hold that punk bytch CaneScott back) learn some effective back-to-the-bucket post moves, I'd be ecstatic...he has a much higher level of athleticism and bounce than Jekiri does.

And I'm not gonna dog Jekiri out...give him credit for coming out like a holy terror in the 1st half as a rebounding machine, and then after he sat with foul trouble, going into the 2nd half and scoring a few quick buckets and blocking some shots...he did well. Jekiri's only problem as a player is that he's pretty much hit his ceiling. There's no more real refining of his game that can be done. He is what he is.

[]_[] swag;2492780 said:

Yep. If he can continue to develop and (hold that punk bytch CaneScott back) learn some effective back-to-the-bucket post moves, I'd be ecstatic...he has a much higher level of athleticism and bounce than Jekiri does.

And I'm not gonna dog Jekiri out...give him credit for coming out like a holy terror in the 1st half as a rebounding machine, and then after he sat with foul trouble, going into the 2nd half and scoring a few quick buckets and blocking some shots...he did well. Jekiri's only problem as a player is that he's pretty much hit his ceiling. There's no more real refining of his game that can be done. He is what he is.

At least you finally want a post player to learn some back to the basket moves instead of a face up player.

[]_[] swag;2492780 said:

At least you finally want a post player to learn some back to the basket moves instead of a face up player.
^^^^See? Bitter-*** punk bytch...

Note to everyone else...per CaneScott's rules of basketball, you don't want a player who's 6'9 learning post moves. A 6'9 guy is a face up player, always, per his rules...can't learn anything else. Waste of time. Blah blah blah.

[]_[] swag;2492780 said:

I expect Izzy to bulk up and be a tough customer next season as our starting C.

Advertisement
Back