Taisun Phommachanh in the New 247 ranking

Eff CJR. Philosophically I don’t even agree with a non play-caller coaching QBs or having family on the staff. It’s a waste of a position. CMR should be coaching QBs his **** self and have full autonomy over all offers and recruitments if the position. Then use the coaching slot of ST Coordinator.

Might as well accept that Tai is as good as gone if dumbass is all up in his chest and can’t see his ego is in the way. He should’ve never been hired anyway. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's such a blatant display of nepotism that CJR is taking up a spot at an on the field coaching role. If we are competing for championships then no one will have a problem with it. If not, it's really just inexcusable.

I think we would all be fine with a lesser display of nepotism by giving his kid a support role, but he went all out and gave him a spot as an on the field coach. For all of our sakes I hope it works out and we can win championships despite having a 20-something kid with no real prior experience in a really important role, but it irks me.

Advertisement
Thers only so much that Dee can control.

My recommendation is tell him to to just sit tight, that you know for sure the offer is coming, and to enjoy all the other offers. Say whatever has to be said. If he really wants to be a cane and we offer today, next week, or next month, he’ll be a cane.

Does Dee have access to the kid, or just Rickjr/staff?

Im good with his family. Thats why i said i know he wouldve commited on the spot. The kid has worked specifically for this offer. Wait ttill you see his lil brother!

That's the OTHER thing. This could harm the relationship with the family, for BOTH brothers. Now, for example, Lil Richt offers younger brother very early, but because of the Tai fiasco, younger brother either dismisses UM completely from the jump or strings along and slow plays UM and ruins that year's recruiting at his position out of spite.

Why can't Miami, for once, have a staff full of coaches with their head on straight in coaching & recruiting. Is that too much to ask? smh

A '19 kid wouldn't have to worry about Bryant and I'm not sure having an Army All-American in Williams and N'kosi Perry makes Miami any less QB rich. He asked for a team deploying something he deemed as a bizarre strategy and I provided an example.

Are you really trying to argue that because Clemson only offered a few QBs it mean we should to?
Thats just stupid. Trevor Lawrence is better than any QB we have ever signed.

Plus it's not like we have good depth at all at QB.
Rosier is gone after this year, and imo should absolutely have NO shot at starting. That means it would come down to one of the 3 freshman.....what normally happens when you have a freshman qb win the starting job? The Other qbs transfer!

Lets be completely real here, regardless who wins the starting qb job out of the 3 Frosh, at least one of them is likely to transfer out. Thats just how this works. It has always happened, and will continue to happen. We need to bring in a top qb for 2019.

This has nothing to do with Dee knowing him. It only has to do with the fact this kids tape is hella good, he's the top ranked Dual Threat, and he wants a Miami offer. Those 3 things are literally enough for this kid to have an offer without knowing anything else. And the fact Richt hasn't offered him is retarded. When a top 5 player at their position is practically begging for an offer, you do it. maybe you don't let them commit right away, but you send an offer.

Actually I'm not trying to argue anything. Somebody asked for an example of another program being light on offers with no QBs committed and one was given. Trevor Lawrence is the same position as the freshman QBs here. He's facing the very real possibility of sitting for at least two years. By that point no one is gonna really care very much about his ranking.

I'm just not seeing why that has anything to do with us not offering more QBs. if anything it means we should be offering more qbs. because less will want to join a qb room that is full with talent, and the more we should be offering guys that WANT to be Canes because it means a lower chance they'll bail early

Well I wasn't really in a discussion about how many offers we should be sending out. Once again, someone asked about another program without a QB committed that sent out so few offers. I provided one.

Jon Richt should be thanking Dee. He went from simply a guy who was really just taking up a spot to making all the important decisions regarding Miami's QBs. Quite a rise in a matter of paragraphs.

The only was I can even contemplate justifying this is for this reason.

The staff knows they’ll have 3 QBs on the roster and want to bring in a project that we can give a shot at QB, but then work him into packages on offense because he’s such an elite athlete.

One thing we can’t deny is how gifted this kid as an ATH. I mean I think he’s a 5*ATH if you line him up at WR or even RB he would be electric.

Advertisement
2019 QB offers thus far from the programs that finished in the Top 20 of this year's recruiting rankings (per 247):

Georgia - 9
Alabama - 10
Ohio State - 8
Penn State - 6
Notre Dame - 6
Florida State - 7
Florida - 8
LSU - 5
Oregon - 8
UCLA - 5
Tennessee - 14

Oklahoma (3 offers), Texas (2 offers), Auburn (1 offer), Washington (1 offer), and Texas A&M (2 offers) fit the criteria I specified as they've already landed a commitment from either their top target at the position or a four-star QB.

Two of the three other programs that have offered as few as we have thus far out of that Top 20? Clemson and USC, both of whom (as Franchise noted) have more of an embarrassment of riches in their QB room on paper. Clemson has landed five-star QB commits in each of the last 2 years. USC has landed a high four-star QB in 2017 and a five-star QB in 2018.

The third is South Carolina. Our approach isn't unprecedented, but it's a very obvious outlier.

Last edited:
2019 QB offers thus far from the programs that finished in the Top 20 of this year's recruiting rankings (per 247):

Georgia - 9
Alabama - 10
Ohio State - 8
Penn State - 6
Notre Dame - 6
Florida State - 7
Florida - 8
LSU - 5
Oregon - 8
UCLA - 5
Tennessee - 14

Oklahoma (3 offers), Texas (2 offers), Auburn (1 offer), Washington (1 offer), and Texas A&M (2 offers) fit the criteria I specified as they've already landed a commitment from either their top target at the position or a four-star QB.

Two of the three other programs that have offered as few as we have thus far out of that Top 20? Clemson and USC, both of whom (as Franchise noted) have more of an embarrassment of riches in their QB room on paper. Clemson has landed five-star QB commits in each of the last 2 years. USC has landed a high four-star QB in 2017 and a five-star QB in 2018.

The third is South Carolina. Our approach isn't unprecedented, but it's a very obvious outlier.

Yeah our approach is that of a team that basically assumes Michael Johnson jr Will sign with us on NSD.

The problem with that is he's isn't even committed. and secondly its isn't ever likely to happen.

If Brooklyn wasn't on here stumping for Taisun, would anyone care this much?

Brooklyn is intent on disparaging the coaching staff because if Taisun doesn't get an official visit he won't get to sit at the kids table and eat truffle macaroni again.

if you take brooklyn out of this situation completely does it change the fact that Taisun should have an offer?

Go watch his ******* tape before you continue to be an annoying ****head. then watch Michael Johnsons or the other 3 qbs we've offered. Compare their stats. One thing you will see is Taisun is at least as talented.

go look at the qb rankings if you value those at all.

the ONLY thing that Dee has really said that changes things is that tai wants an offer and is a cane fan. That paired with the 2 things listed above is enough to get him an offer. do you agree or not? This is simple, and you're making it out to be something different.

this is exactly the same thing we've been saying about DL recruiting. we need to cast a wider net. The only positions we do NOT need to do that for are RB, WR, DB because we have more than enough talent in our own backyard. The rest of the postions we absolutely should be offering more top players.

Advertisement

Brooklyn is intent on disparaging the coaching staff because if Taisun doesn't get an official visit he won't get to sit at the kids table and eat truffle macaroni again.

Having Brooklyn at that table is beneficial for us since he is part of our community and gives us info. Not saying thats his intentions but if they were I would be ok with that Lol

if you take brooklyn out of this situation completely does it change the fact that Taisun should have an offer?

Go watch his ******* tape before you continue to be an annoying ****head. then watch Michael Johnsons or the other 3 qbs we've offered. Compare their stats. One thing you will see is Taisun is at least as talented.

the ONLY thing that Dee has really said that changes things is that tai wants an offer and is a cane fan. That paired with the 2 things listed above is enough to get him an offer. do you agree or not? This is simple, and you're making it out to be something different.

this is exactly the same thing we've been saying about DL recruiting. we need to cast a wider net. The only positions we do NOT need to do that for are RB, WR, DB because we have more than enough talent in our own backyard. The rest of the postions we absolutely should be offering more top players.

Stats of QB's in HS are mostly irrelevant especially when you consider Tai is playing a with a bunch of white kids in a private school league in F'n Connecticut. If you want to settle on kids playing middle school competition in february just because he wants to be a miami hurricane than you're not built for this ****. The kid is talented, if he wants to be a cane bad enough he'll come to spring camp and impress in the summer circuit then commit when offered. If he's not mature enough to understand that then he'll never last on bench behind the likes of the QB's on our roster already. Plain and F'n simple.

We offered a northeast QB too early in the process last year before he proved himself. As soon as he was thrust into a more competitive environment he faltered.

LET IT PLAY OUT BEFORE YOU BASH THE F'N STAFF INCESSANTLY. If the 2019 QB has to start before 2021 we have bigger problems as it is.

This dude is literally out here making up stories about Richt JR having 100% freedom to choose the QB. Who the fk actually believes that.

Last edited:

Would we be complaining that the Number 1 Dual Threat quarterback in the country, who loves the Canes and showed up at Paradise didn't get an offer yet?

Yes. Yes we would.

He didn't bring this kid up yesterday, I did. Because I'm ****ed watching FSU get on this kid before us.

I really like Dee, but he doesn't control every conversation. Thankfully though He's willing to add his insight into it. If you don't agree, click on a different thread. Or start one on your. Call it "Jon Richt is a Qb guru" for all I care. I'll just make sure to avoid it.

Stats of QB's in HS are mostly irrelevant especially when you consider Tai is playing a with a bunch of white kids in a private school league in F'n Connecticut. If you want to settle on kids playing middle school competition in february just because he wants to be a miami hurricane than you're not built for this ****. The kid is talented, if he wants to be a cane bad enough he'll come to spring camp and impress in the summer circuit then commit when offered. If he's not mature enough to understand that then he'll never last on bench behind the likes of the QB's on our roster already. Plain and F'n simple.

We offered a northeast QB too early in the process last year before he proved himself. As soon as he was thrust into a more competitive environment he faltered.

LET IT PLAY OUT BEFORE YOU BASH THE F'N STAFF INCESSANTLY. If the 2019 QB has to start before 2021 we have bigger problems as it is.

This dude is literally out here making up stories about Richt JR having 100% freedom to choose the QB. Who the fk actually believes that.

This might be the single dumbest thing I have ever F.... read on here. While your bashing the kids competition this is the same league we helped send Josh Jobe too. It also the same league christian wilkins definite first round DT the same DT that has beat our a.. for the last couple years played in. Please do your homework Tarik black who is at Michigan was a top 20 wideout from the same league. You are insulting yourself with how dumb you sound.....

Advertisement
This might be the single dumbest thing I have ever F.... read on here. While your bashing the kids competition this is the same league we helped send Josh Jobe too. It also the same league christian wilkins definite first round DT the same DT that has beat our a.. for the last couple years played in. Please do your homework Tarik black who is at Michigan was a top 20 wideout from the same league. You are insulting yourself with how dumb you sound..... I love when fans bash other kids and have no idea what they are talking about.....

Would we be complaining that the Number 1 Dual Threat quarterback in the country, who loves the Canes and showed up at Paradise didn't get an offer yet?

Yes. Yes we would.

He didn't bring this kid up yesterday, I did. Because I'm ****ed watching FSU get on this kid before us.

I really like Dee, but he doesn't control every conversation. Thankfully though He's willing to add his insight into it. If you don't agree, click on a different thread. Or start one on your. Call it "Jon Richt is a Qb guru" for all I care. I'll just make sure to avoid it.

Maybe you should actually look at the Dual Threat QB list for the COMPOSITE RANKINGS.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-F...ngs?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DUAL

#2 Michael Johnson JR.
#9 Taisun

ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN

#3 Michael Johsnon JR.
Taisun not listed

Congrats on Taisun for getting the #1 DT slot on 247 but they said themselves they've haven't even seen him in action and definitely haven't seen tape of him vs top comp or even mediocre comp. So ask yourself what are they actually basing this ranking off of if they haven't seen him play........

From 247...
"The No. 2 quarterback has no such size limitations. The upside is definitely there for Taisun Phommachanh to be the top quarterback in this class but we’ve not seen the Connecticut native up close much and given his competition level, his performances in camps this spring and summer will be telling. Already he’s become a high priority for the likes of Michigan, TCU, Maryland and Indiana."

Last edited:
This might be the single dumbest thing I have ever F.... read on here. While your bashing the kids competition this is the same league we helped send Josh Jobe too. It also the same league christian wilkins definite first round DT the same DT that has beat our a.. for the last couple years played in. Please do your homework Tarik black who is at Michigan was a top 20 wideout from the same league. You are insulting yourself with how dumb you sound..... I love when fans bash other kids and have no idea what they are talking about.....

WR's and DT's acclimating to top flight competition is much different than a QB who throws against DB's in CT who should be in the key club.

Furthermore Jobe went to CT because he's dumbass who couldn't graduate HS before 20 years old.

Advertisement
Regardless of last years debacle with sitkowski, our 2 year haul of Weldon, Perry, and Williams is pretty good on paper.

We’ll see how they develop but our Qb recruiting has been up there with WR IMO.

I’ll trust the staff until they give me a reason not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's offer him so we can watch him commit to Bama then blame it on the staff for "waiting to late"

Brooklyndee says we're getting Taron Vincent
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/call-crazy/118220

Brooklydee ***** on Jarren Williams
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/wasted-oppurtunity/127686

Brooklyndee predicts Kaaya will be back
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/kaaya-staying-imo/115343

Brooklyndee pumping Devonta Smith and Jeudy sunshine guaranteeing we get one
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/devontae-smith-final-3-a/100027
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/jeudy-devontae-smith/99729

Brooklyndee hyping Swasey to FIU
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/swasey/116221

F'n LOL. Yall need stop taking your drunk uncles so serious.

Brooklyndee says we're getting Taron Vincent
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/call-crazy/118220

Brooklydee ***** on Jarren Williams
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/wasted-oppurtunity/127686

Brooklyndee predicts Kaaya will be back
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/kaaya-staying-imo/115343

Brooklyndee pumping Devonta Smith and Jeudy sunshine guaranteeing we get one
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/devontae-smith-final-3-a/100027
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/jeudy-devontae-smith/99729

Brooklyndee hyping Swasey to FIU
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/swasey/116221

F'n LOL. Yall need stop taking your drunk uncles so serious.

Grabs popcorn.....

Advertisement
Back