Taisun Phommachanh in the New 247 ranking

Advertisement
Staff don't have time for soft shouldered xxxxx circa Andrew Chatfield 2018.

If the staff prefers Michael Johnson Jr. that's who i prefer.

When is this board going to learn?? When recruits act like him all they wanna do is get a UM offer so they can throw the hat on the ground on NSD.... fck that and fck him in advance NEXT!!

You dont have a clue what youre talking about. I respect you have a opinion but in this case & many others that opinion is pointless. He wants an offer cause since he was a lil kid hes dreamed about putting on this helmet. Kid bleeds um. Were making him hate that about himself. Previously hed commit on the spot. I respect the michael johnson jr play but we even told him our initial eval just like with wise was not being deadset on him as a qb but as an athelete we want him here. Told him the same thing as tai that we wanna see how our room plays out first & how his recruitment shapes up. As ive said no disrespect to mike but all the arguements you use for tai also has to apply to mike. Apples being apples its really not too close. Mike would be an all american wr or possibly even rb. Tai i s a qb & thats what hes supposed to be. Hes listed as a dual threat but he 100% can make any throw asked of him. No one else can say that. And if you wanna take that arguement further to sam in nc that boys comp is weaker than either of the other two & hes about 5-10 on risers. He does throw a pretty ball though. Just offer the kids who deserve and let recruitments play out from there. No reason not too.

I like kids that WANT to wear that Orange and Green with pride. If Tai is all about being a Cane then I hope we offer. I'd rather have kids that love the program and want to build it rather than chase 5* kids that we might not get.

Thats the other part. Id understand if mike was a high 4 or 5 star ranked higher by alot than tai & we dont wanna hurt his feelings but tai is the #1 dual threat in the country now & ranked 87th nationally. Gaurentee he moves higher than that 87 too & mike is the 13th ranked dual threat playing in oregon... ***** feelings just get this done.

Start emailing Dougherty. Its the only noise we can bring.

Doherty ain't got no juice over Rick's son. Rick himself needs to wake the fck up.

I keep hearing how Bobo, not Rick, fcked up the Deshawn Watson recruitment. You'd think if that was true that Rick would learn his lesson and not abdicate responsibility for the most important position on the field to a freshman in the game like his son.

I know you’re right just trying to get something brewing. This staff is starting to chap my *** a bit.

offer the ******* kid.

Lil cjr & a fee of us finally had words over tai. In the last week hes picked up offers from 15 schools including penn st,fsu & ohio st. With clemson & bama telling him theyll offer this week. Point is everything weve told the kid from day 1 we wanted to see him personally do hes done,when we told him we wanted to see some other evals around the country,done. So i asked him the other day we ready to offer him right cause hes ready to commit. His response is theres just some things hes not feeling. Thats fine if thats the case but why not say that all along and we either get him to address it or we move on. Never bothered to express this last year but the decision to move on from sits wasnt made by cjr. He was told enough is enough. He got into his feelings over that. Many feel this is his way of responding to that which is why i say it feels like this is just an ego move. So at this point it sortve seems unless people speak up ta is gonna end up somewhere else. Which in the end with both tai & cade fortin we might end up regretting. Cade being at unc & tai well just have to see. Hopefully its not too late.

So just so I'm understanding correctly. Even after the discussion with you and other alumni. Even after a bunch of other big schools offered, and even after he is ranked as the #1 dual threat QB on 247. Lil Richt with 2 years experience coaching QB's has decided he is not prepared to offer?

I think it's best I ignore recruiting from now on. Just watch the team on Saturdays

Precisely...

Johnson Jr is a pipe dream. When has a kid with this father on staff gone to another school. Offer Tai, he is plenty talented and wants to be a cane. Not to mention there are not many talented qbs in the southeast that we can go after.

Advertisement

When is this board going to learn?? When recruits act like him all they wanna do is get a UM offer so they can throw the hat on the ground on NSD.... fck that and fck him in advance NEXT!!

You dont have a clue what youre talking about. I respect you have a opinion but in this case & many others that opinion is pointless. He wants an offer cause since he was a lil kid hes dreamed about putting on this helmet. Kid bleeds um. Were making him hate that about himself. Previously hed commit on the spot. I respect the michael johnson jr play but we even told him our initial eval just like with wise was not being deadset on him as a qb but as an athelete we want him here. Told him the same thing as tai that we wanna see how our room plays out first & how his recruitment shapes up. As ive said no disrespect to mike but all the arguements you use for tai also has to apply to mike. Apples being apples its really not too close. Mike would be an all american wr or possibly even rb. Tai i s a qb & thats what hes supposed to be. Hes listed as a dual threat but he 100% can make any throw asked of him. No one else can say that. And if you wanna take that arguement further to sam in nc that boys comp is weaker than either of the other two & hes about 5-10 on risers. He does throw a pretty ball though. Just offer the kids who deserve and let recruitments play out from there. No reason not too.

I like kids that WANT to wear that Orange and Green with pride. If Tai is all about being a Cane then I hope we offer. I'd rather have kids that love the program and want to build it rather than chase 5* kids that we might not get.

Thats the other part. Id understand if mike was a high 4 or 5 star ranked higher by alot than tai & we dont wanna hurt his feelings but tai is the #1 dual threat in the country now & ranked 87th nationally. Gaurentee he moves higher than that 87 too & mike is the 13th ranked dual threat playing in oregon... ***** feelings just get this done.

Dee tell him that he's our QB man. Tell him that canes fans are even more anxiously waiting for this offer. We are with him!!

Johnson Jr is a pipe dream. When has a kid with this father on staff gone to another school. Offer Tai, he is plenty talented and wants to be a cane. Not to mention there are not many talented qbs in the southeast that we can go after.

Agreed - why shun a highly ranked kid who wants to be here for a kid clear across the country who more than likely will not come here? We've seen this before.

Doherty ain't got no juice over Rick's son. Rick himself needs to wake the fck up.

I keep hearing how Bobo, not Rick, fcked up the Deshawn Watson recruitment. You'd think if that was true that Rick would learn his lesson and not abdicate responsibility for the most important position on the field to a freshman in the game like his son.

So your taking brooklyndee at his word that this is how QB recruiting is handled at UM? Everyone knows HC jobs live and die by the QB youd have to be fooklsh to think Richt who calls the plays isnt pulling the puppet strings.

offer the ******* kid.

Lil cjr & a fee of us finally had words over tai. In the last week hes picked up offers from 15 schools including penn st,fsu & ohio st. With clemson & bama telling him theyll offer this week. Point is everything weve told the kid from day 1 we wanted to see him personally do hes done,when we told him we wanted to see some other evals around the country,done. So i asked him the other day we ready to offer him right cause hes ready to commit. His response is theres just some things hes not feeling. Thats fine if thats the case but why not say that all along and we either get him to address it or we move on. Never bothered to express this last year but the decision to move on from sits wasnt made by cjr. He was told enough is enough. He got into his feelings over that. Many feel this is his way of responding to that which is why i say it feels like this is just an ego move. So at this point it sortve seems unless people speak up ta is gonna end up somewhere else. Which in the end with both tai & cade fortin we might end up regretting. Cade being at unc & tai well just have to see. Hopefully its not too late.

So just so I'm understanding correctly. Even after the discussion with you and other alumni. Even after a bunch of other big schools offered, and even after he is ranked as the #1 dual threat QB on 247. Lil Richt with 2 years experience coaching QB's has decided he is not prepared to offer?

I think it's best I ignore recruiting from now on. Just watch the team on Saturdays

Precisely...

Well... f*ck.

Please Dee, just don't let the kid sign with FSU.

Advertisement

Dee is there any way you and some other parents/family or players can talk to CMR directly about this. See if he can extend an offer before it is too late?

We all heard about how all year long players were telling the staff to get Samuels and because it took them so long to really recruit him we didn't get him. Is there anyway you can talk to them so that situation doesn't repeat itself?

Been doing that... its on more than me at this point.

So your taking brooklyndee at his word that this is how QB recruiting is handled at UM? Everyone knows HC jobs live and die by the QB youd have to be fooklsh to think Richt who calls the plays isnt pulling the puppet strings.

did you not pay attention to our qb recruiting for 2018? they were ready to go down with the ship in regards to sitkowski. we got LUCKY Williams wasn't already committed to another top program

offer the ******* kid.

I don't mind the young fella Jon Jon doing the recruiting because he seems to do a pretty good job of that. I do, however, mind him having any sort of autonomy in the evaluation/selection process.

He's a total freshman in the game, and it's downright criminal for him to be evaluating/selecting QBs and having the final say or a big portion of the say in who we pursue. He should be told, "This is the guy we want. Now, go camp out at his school and don't come back till you get him."

I agree 100% with that. I think cmr needs to handle all final say evals & cjr can recruit em. Kids definitely relate well to him.

Advertisement

Dee is there any way you and some other parents/family or players can talk to CMR directly about this. See if he can extend an offer before it is too late?

We all heard about how all year long players were telling the staff to get Samuels and because it took them so long to really recruit him we didn't get him. Is there anyway you can talk to them so that situation doesn't repeat itself?

Have the kid contact the staff and tell them how much he wants to be a cane.

I have no reason not to consider Dee's insights - he's been pretty upfront about lots of things on here. As for how UM handles QB recruiting, last year's Sitowski situation has caused more than a few of us to take notice and question things.

Have the kid contact the staff and tell them how much he wants to be a cane.

I bet he told them at paradise camp

Advertisement
offer the ******* kid.

Im sure your ego wont get in the way of posting about this 457 times over the next cycle.

Youre such an annoying prick. Why didnt your father simply splash on her face and abort you... people like you are the reason yall wont never hear a third of what goes on cause heaven forbid someone tells yall the truth. The C U Next Tuesday that you are makes you type comments that show clearly youre a hoe. You do a fraction of anything to help this university than ill value what you have to say. Till than spit your father back out.

Taisun is 100 percent legit. Once again I played in that league and have great friends / former teammates that coach in it. If we slow play this kid we will regret it. Florida state is definitely snooping around and I will bet Michigan will as well. From what I have been told he is a great kid and is from a tough part of my hometown Bridgeport CT. After all the garbage that went on last recruiting cycle its time to not slow play kids that are good in the hopes of landing a big fish. It hasnt worked.... We should be all in on this kid.

We just offered another qb within the last week, need to offer him soon.
Regardless I’m happy with who richt jr is bringing in with Jarren Williams, he has excellent playmaking ability and can extend plays on the run and can be a dual threat

Last edited:
Thers only so much that Dee can control.

My recommendation is tell him to to just sit tight, that you know for sure the offer is coming, and to enjoy all the other offers. Say whatever has to be said. If he really wants to be a cane and we offer today, next week, or next month, he’ll be a cane.

Does Dee have access to the kid, or just Rickjr/staff?

Advertisement
Back