Taggart's firing is the real power of a fan base

Advertisement
You realise they've not had a whip round on a message board and come up with $20m from disgruntled fans, right?

This is the big boy booster(s) who've had enough and have put their hand in their pocket(s).

We don't have any of those guys.

I am sure there are a bunch of Tally politicians who will somehow pilfer it out of the state departmental budget or ask the lobbyists to donate. .
.. corrupt political town that it is.

Advertisement
that doesn't tell other fans to not go to the games or support the program when things aren't going great. Taggart being fired after one and a half seasons is the REAL fan/alumni leverage I've been talking about. Not these banners. We all know **** well had Willie been here we would of had to suck with him until 2021.

One of the big component to his firing his been ticket sales/attendance. Why does FSU immediately see changes after a decline in attendance/sales when they hire a corch and Miami doesn't? It because we don't show up/support consistently in order to pull the chair under the administration like FSU fans/alumni does. That's leverage as a fan base getting the admin to become reliant on our source of revenue then cutting it off when we want changes. Not banners.

tallahassee's economy revolves around fsu, and fsu football is the breadwinner. miami doesn't. simple as that.

the leftist admin got their wish with an affirmative action hire. it never works when you force the hire someone because of the color of their skin instead of experience.... now, they have no choice and the leftist admins can't say a **** thing. FSU will get a top coach now.

Correct me if wrong...

aren't the Morans FSU #1 deep pocket donors?

i believe net worth is $3B-ish...

that doesn't tell other fans to not go to the games or support the program when things aren't going great. Taggart being fired after one and a half seasons is the REAL fan/alumni leverage I've been talking about. Not these banners. We all know **** well had Willie been here we would of had to suck with him until 2021.

One of the big component to his firing his been ticket sales/attendance. Why does FSU immediately see changes after a decline in attendance/sales when they hire a corch and Miami doesn't? It because we don't show up/support consistently in order to pull the chair under the administration like FSU fans/alumni does. That's leverage as a fan base getting the admin to become reliant on our source of revenue then cutting it off when we want changes. Not banners.

Pretty sure the buyout bill is going to be sent to John Q. Taxpayer.

Advertisement
the leftist admin got their wish with an affirmative action hire. it never works when you force the hire someone because of the color of their skin instead of experience.... now, they have no choice and the leftist admins can't say a **** thing. FSU will get a top coach now.
What an asinine and dumb statement. LOL. What experience did Jimbo have when they hired him?

I want to say there is no way in **** they get Meyer but 2 days ago I thought there was no way in **** they fire taggart win or loss. FSU fans/boosters/alumni ain't on that Canes BS. They really put their money where their money is.
True story they saw a mistake a cut it out fast

he was an awful coach but to fire a coach 1.5 years into it is sad sad statement bout that program all around. You give any coach at least 2 years if not 3. Unless they literally are winless. I mean Jimbo left that program a **** show and it isn't worse . Honestly it is about the same.

Advertisement

The real power of a fanbase is to make your bad coach retire and walk away from millions. That's some 1990's Suge Knight 💩💩💩💩

I don't think this is a cut and dry situation for them. I guess its good you listened to the fanbase/boosters, but what kind of precedent does it set?

How are they going to attract quality candidates when they didn't even give Willie a full two years to turn it around?

I’m pumped the boosters now completely control FSU football. Now they can just lurch from one bad decision to the next. FSU might as well have Dan Snyder for Athletic Director.

What else is there to do in Tallahassee on a Saturday? There's hundreds of things to do in South Florida. Their student and alumni base is also larger. We also don't have enough people ponying up $20 million.

Manny is in his first year, Willy was in his second and regressing. Lets see where we're at this time next year.

Also, our coaches usually perform just well enough to keep their jobs. The decision was easy with Willie, it was all about the money.

This take is such a sad and pathetic excuse around here it’s laughable. When the team is winning fans show up in droves. It’s fair weather so call it as it is. You want to use the beach and city as a recruiting ploy for kids to come then use it as an excuse why people don’t show up. It’s phony.

Advertisement
Miami’s AD and Admin dont care about winning, they just want to avoid criticism.

We were blessed with the most exciting college football program in modern history. We are equally cursed with the worse administration in a major university in modern college history. FSU want to win. Our school wants to lose enough to be liked. I think flying the banners is great. We should fly them over the school daily and the stadium on game day with weekends over the beaches.

Easy 5 years 4-5 mil a year with a 25 mil. buyout

That is indeed easy. So long as boosters continue to front an athletic program not turning a profit. I can’t wait until the boosters demand the new shiny toy get lost and have to pony up the 25 million that FSU football doesn’t have. Who’s in charge then?

This take is such a sad and pathetic excuse around here it’s laughable. When the team is winning fans show up in droves. It’s fair weather so call it as it is. You want to use the beach and city as a recruiting ploy for kids to come then use it as an excuse why people don’t show up. It’s phony.
Which would you rather go to?
Miami vs Notre Dame or Miami vs FIU?
Miami vs FIU or a day out fishing?

Advertisement
Back