Taggart's firing is the real power of a fan base

TheChosenOne

Senior
that doesn't tell other fans to not go to the games or support the program when things aren't going great. Taggart being fired after one and a half seasons is the REAL fan/alumni leverage I've been talking about. Not these banners. We all know **** well had Willie been here we would of had to suck with him until 2021.

One of the big component to his firing his been ticket sales/attendance. Why does FSU immediately see changes after a decline in attendance/sales when they hire a corch and Miami doesn't? It because we don't show up/support consistently in order to pull the chair under the administration like FSU fans/alumni does. That's leverage as a fan base getting the admin to become reliant on our source of revenue then cutting it off when we want changes. Not banners.

Advertisement
that doesn't tell other fans to not go to the games or support the program when things aren't going great. Taggart being fired after one and a half seasons is the REAL fan/alumni leverage I've been talking about. Not these banners. We all know **** well had Willie been here we would of had to suck with him until 2021.

One of the big component to his firing his been ticket sales/attendance. Why does FSU immediately see changes after a decline in attendance/sales when they hire a corch and Miami doesn't? It because we don't show up/support consistently in order to pull the chair under the administration like FSU fans/alumni does. That's leverage as a fan base getting the admin to become reliant on our source of revenue then cutting it off when we want changes. Not banners.
They raised $20 million to pay the guy not to coach. Definitely the right decision on their part, but it's not about attendance. It's just proof that money talks

Advertisement
What else is there to do in Tallahassee on a Saturday? There's hundreds of things to do in South Florida. Their student and alumni base is also larger. We also don't have enough people ponying up $20 million.

Manny is in his first year, Willy was in his second and regressing. Lets see where we're at this time next year.

Also, our coaches usually perform just well enough to keep their jobs. The decision was easy with Willie, it was all about the money.

It’s the power of donors nothing more nothing less
Our fans have too much other stuff going on in their lives so even if we suck we’ll ***** and moan but life goes on and we live happy

For FSU and tailerhasse the towns economy is directly tied to the success of the football program, for many people if the team sucks theirs business tanks so basically it makes sense they front the money to get another coach, I wouldn’t be surprised if they write it off as a business expense

I don't think this is a cut and dry situation for them. I guess its good you listened to the fanbase/boosters, but what kind of precedent does it set?

How are they going to attract quality candidates when they didn't even give Willie a full two years to turn it around?

Advertisement
What else is there to do in Tallahassee on a Saturday? There's hundreds of things to do in South Florida.

Then people should stop masquerading as Miami fans. If you can't stop what you're doing 12 times a year to watch Miami, then you're not a fan. The "too much to do" thing is the worst manufactured excuse I've ever seen.

Miami’s AD and Admin dont care about winning, they just want to avoid criticism.

Advertisement
If they don't have the donors to pony up 8 figures, he is still coaching there, so don't overly attribute this to ticket sales and fans on the internet. There is nothing to be learned here other than if you guys are really this discontent with everything, show up at the Hecht center with your checks for $5 10, 20 million dollars. I guarantee you they'll listen.

Advertisement
Then people should stop masquerading as Miami fans. If you can't stop what you're doing 12 times a year to watch Miami, then you're not a fan. The "too much to do" thing is the worst manufactured excuse I've ever seen.
It's true and DVR has only made it worse.

It wasn't a fan Gofundme that raised $20million, it was private donors from their wealthy alumni.

They found a few super rich boosters who wanted him out anyway & didn't care what it costs.

I get what you're trying to say OP, but the regular Joe Schmo fan had nothing to do with Tagg getting fired this fast.

It was the Money Men who control what goes on behind the scenes at their program who decided they had had enough of Taggart & pulled the trigger.

Miami's problem is our Money Men aside from maybe one or two of them really aren't that passionate about Football & don't give two sh*t who we hire or fire. They leave everything up to the President & AD, they take a complete hands off approach in dealing with the football program.

FSU's private donors ONLY care about football, our donors just see us as a Tax write-off.

FSu doesn't have a football program run by beta males and man-hating superkunts.... they were dumbasses for hiring Willie Golden in the first place, but they were at least smart enough to do a corchectomy before it was too late.

Advertisement
Back