Tae is not hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dunson played safety some last year.
You asked who is bnehind we arent dearth back there and Williams aint even do much more than the folks i named. Thats ALOT of Names that can be placed back there. Im fully expecting Markeith to shirt...I agree Blades is a cb but they have already played him at safety all camp so he is ANOTHER body there.
I dont want dude to leave or anything but we aint actually dying if he does.
People get too locked into stars for older players too much. Freshman and Sophomore year I get it, its a dude with talent, that maybe is still developing into what we hope they can be. But After year 2 it doesn't matter how many stars you had in HS, what have you actually done or are doing on the field? Honestly none of the Safeties has solidified themselves as that dude. James Williams and Kam Kinchens have show the most. Avantae is clearly in that 3rd/4th man up range. But it's not like Blades didn't have a couple solid/good years early either.

S:
James Williams - Year 2, 11 games, 22 tackles, 1 TFL, 3 PD, 3 INT.
Kinchens - Year 2, 13 games, 27 tackles, 1 TFL, 4 PD, 1 INT.

Blades - Year 5, 32 games, 50 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 13 PD, 4 INT.
Avantae - Year 3, 6 games, 15 tackles, 0 TFL, 0 PD, 1 INT.

Balom - Year 3, 5 games, 7 tackles, 0 TFL, 0 PD, 0 INT.

Putting this into perspective, Jaquan Johnson Stats:
1st+2nd Yr, 24 games, 41 tackles, 3 TFL, 1.5 Sacks, 2 PD, 2 INT, 1 FF.
3rd Yr, 13 games, 54 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack, 4 PD, 4 INT, 3 FF.
Career total, 4 YR, 48 games, 139 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 2.5 Sack, 7 PD, 8 INT, 6 FF.

We need our safeties to step up.

Star:
Frierson - Year 5, 35 games, 60 tackles, 14.5 TFL, 3 Sacks, 8 PD, 2 INT.
Couch - Year 4, 27 games, 60 tackles, 4 TFL, 1.5 Sacks, 12 PD, 1 INT.

Advertisement
People get too locked into stars for older players too much. Freshman and Sophomore year I get it, its a dude with talent, that maybe is still developing into what we hope they can be. But After year 2 it doesn't matter how many stars you had in HS, what have you actually done or are doing on the field? Honestly none of the Safeties has solidified themselves as that dude. James Williams and Kam Kinchens have show the most. Avantae is clearly in that 3rd/4th man up range. But it's not like Blades didn't have a couple solid/good years early either.

S:

Career total, 4 YR, 48 games, 139 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 2.5 Sack, 7 PD, 8 INT, 6 FF.

Star:
They’re not being asked to do the same things Quan was asked to do.

Yeah had to make an account just to say something. This thread really believes Cristobal isn't playing Tae because that's just what he wants to do/that's what will win us games? No, it's that he set ground rules for the players and Tae has broken them, so he will not see the field. And him throwing a hissy fit on social media isn't helping his case.
If that's the case then why not suspend him?

Advertisement

S:

Star:
To be fair, we are only 2 games into this season.
Williams and Kinchens both had to share a lot of time with Carter, Hall and Bolden last year.
Blades and Tae have been out a lot the past 2 seasons. Tae sat out his first year.

To be fair, we are only 2 games into this season.
Williams and Kinchens both had to share a lot of time with Carter, Hall and Bolden last year.
Blades and Tae have been out a lot the past 2 seasons. Tae sat out his first year.
And guys that are always out have a tendency to stay out… I get your point, but it’s not exactly a mark in Avantaes favor. Stars find a way to get on the field and make plays. If the guys was a 5star coming out you’d expect to have seen something after the cupcake games in year 3.

Anyone questioning Avantae's potential is insane. It's his head that's in question. And while the program can help him get straight, it's ultimatly on him to walk the walk.

Mario gets it; I am certain he's given Tae a development program with a personalized set of expectations. Fingers crossed he follows through, because he could/should be special.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back