Advertisement
Hey! I'm a Flagg guy myself
1663005719613.jpeg

If I had to take a stab at it;

Tae didnt get as many snaps as he wanted in game 1
Responded with less than ideal attitude and effort in practice
Due to poor week he only got reps on special teams
Responded with removal of UM related posts causing more drama
Mario sits down with him, clarified expectations/actions/consequences and a dose of tough love
Tae back on track, learns from it, plays this week and goes on to be an impact player for the U
CIS makes it a bigger thing than it really was

If I had to take a stab at it;

Tae didnt get as many snaps as he wanted in game 1
Responded with less than ideal attitude and effort in practice
Due to poor week he only got reps on special teams
Responded with removal of UM related posts causing more drama
Mario sits down with him, clarified expectations/actions/consequences and a dose of tough love
Tae back on track, learns from it, plays this week and goes on to be an impact player for the U
CIS makes it a bigger thing than it really was
I was just about to ask for a recap cuz I did not pay any attention to this thread whatsoever...went from 1 page to 17 real quick

realllly didn't wanna skim through what I can assume was plenty of speculation and hot takes to figure out wtf is going on in here, so for that I thank ya!

Advertisement
Is there an update?

After camp, I thought Tae was the best S on roster, was expecting him to have a breakout season and leave early to go pro. Which is probably what he thought, too.

Got to act like a pro to be a pro, and win the spot first, though. We have some really good safeties on roster. ... Whatever is going on, kid seems to still be working through his maturity issues. I really hope he gets it figured out as a Cane and goes on to do great things.
I still want to see us find a way to get him on the field with Kam and james.

They can line up back there but they’ll just be bodies and liable to get picked on. Markeith is too small rn he’s like 150 lbs lol. Washington is slow. Blades should be playing CB he’s not a safety he’s showing that so far back there. Dunson would have to learn the position he won’t know what he’s doing as some allude to be the case with Tae if you’re gonna stick someone back there that is brand new why not just Tae play. Like I said rn Balom would be our only quality backup if he left Markeith is gonna be good he just needs some weight.
Dunson played safety some last year.
You asked who is bnehind we arent dearth back there and Williams aint even do much more than the folks i named. Thats ALOT of Names that can be placed back there. Im fully expecting Markeith to shirt...I agree Blades is a cb but they have already played him at safety all camp so he is ANOTHER body there.
I dont want dude to leave or anything but we aint actually dying if he does.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
it sounds like hes gonna bounce
What makes you say that?

There are no indications of that at this time. Both Mario and Steele had lengthy convos with Tae. Steele said that it’s like raising your own sons. You have to mentor them and keep on encouraging them to fight through adversity and get better.

He also alluded to the fact that every player’s journey is different. Just because he isn’t starting right now, doesn’t mean that he won’t at sometime later this season.

What makes you say that?

There are no indications of that at this time. Both Mario and Steele had lengthy convos with Tae. Steele said that it’s like raising your own sons. You have to mentor them and keep on encouraging them to fight through adversity and get better.

He also alluded to the fact that every player’s journey is different. Just because he isn’t starting right now, doesn’t mean that he won’t at sometime later this season.
I just dont see it working out. no inside info just my opinion based on the monday am quotes after the blow up Saturday

Advertisement
Back