Tae is not hurt

Advertisement
I really hope Tae stays and works hard to improve. With his major issue off the field, it is highly unlikely any other D1 school would take him. I hope he's super careful & treats his opportunity at Miami with kid gloves or he may be added to the long list of talented players throughout football who make terrible decisions & end up fading into oblivion. I'd love to see him stay at Miami and work his way to greatness. He should also treat Miami with tremendous respect because he very likely would not get a chance at any other program after the physical abuse allegations.
No other school would take him? If you were highly rated, most would take him and characterize it as believing in second (third?) chances.

Thankfully cooler heads prevailed, I guess. I hope next time they do in here as well.

Is there an update?

After camp, I thought Tae was the best S on roster, was expecting him to have a breakout season and leave early to go pro. Which is probably what he thought, too.

Got to act like a pro to be a pro, and win the spot first, though. We have some really good safeties on roster. ... Whatever is going on, kid seems to still be working through his maturity issues. I really hope he gets it figured out as a Cane and goes on to do great things.

Advertisement
Right, the male pre-frontal cortex doesn’t even fully develop until 25. This is a dumb take.

There's a HUGE difference between the typical dodgy decision making from a young adult(which age and wisdom can correct) and consistently doing stuff that anyone with an IQ above room temperature should know is stupid, regardless of age. Those are the people I'm referring to. You want to see a living, breathing example of this phenomenon? Go watch "Teen Mom" on MTV. Those people CONSISTENTLY do things that are beyond dodgy, they double and triple down on awful decision making, odds are they aren't going to magically figure it out one day. The kind of person that is struggling to survive, that does something stupid, knows it's stupid, and then do it again and again will most likely have awful decision making skills for the rest of their lives. You can argue why that's the case, but we have too many examples of those people failing to ignore.

Avantae has more in common with someone on a MTV reality show, than he does with his peers on campus, the only difference between him and those MTV idiots is that he can play ball. Let's look at what he's done just in the last 5 years. He has multiple kids by multiple baby mammas, he has gotten into legal trouble, and he may have managed to crap on the one organization that believed in him, in public. Maybe one of these situations happening is a sign of immaturity, but multiple? Nah.

I hope the young man realizes that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, and that you need to give back to those that give to you. I remember Mel Bratton talking about when he first got to Miami and Coach Schnellenberger told him he was getting a redshirt. He wanted to transfer right then and there, and his mom told him to stay, because he made a commitment. He has said on multiple occasions that him staying changed his life for the better. I hope it works out for the young man.

Advertisement

Perfect response. That’s all that needed to be said without getting into unnecessary specifics outside of the locker room.

Tae has to uphold the performance standards just like everyone else. Period. If you don’t come prepared and play well, you best better realize there is someone else in your position group who will play. Nothing personal.

No guaranteed spots like the last regime. Perform or sit.

Perfect response. That’s all that needed to be said without getting into unnecessary specifics outside of the locker room.

Tae has to uphold the performance standards just like everyone else. Period. If you don’t come prepared and play well, you best better realize there is someone else in your position group who will play. Nothing personal.

No guaranteed spots like the last regime. Perform or sit.

I agree 1000% with earning it. The issue here is what do you do when you’re having to watch someone else who is nowhere near the standard get your reps? Very easy to let thoughts of fairness and favoritism start to creep into your mind and upset you. That happens in the everyday work place. I’ve seen it. Drives you insane. His response could be better no doubt but can’t blame him for snapping a bit.

Advertisement
The situation in general is still baffling. If he was suspended he would not have played on special teams. Maybe they were not happy with his tackling techniques in game 1. Ok I get that. But the dude is a ball hawk and knows how to cover. He didn’t forget how to do that. So why was he not in on third and long at a minimum last game? I am not second guessing the coaching. Just trying to understand how they are trying to teach Tae. It also could be more of an attitude thing versus a performance thing. Then I guess I understand relegating him to ST.

They can line up back there but they’ll just be bodies and liable to get picked on. Markeith is too small rn he’s like 150 lbs lol. Washington is slow. Blades should be playing CB he’s not a safety he’s showing that so far back there. Dunson would have to learn the position he won’t know what he’s doing as some allude to be the case with Tae if you’re gonna stick someone back there that is brand new why not just Tae play. Like I said rn Balom would be our only quality backup if he left Markeith is gonna be good he just needs some weight.
478 post and you got this rooster figured out. Surprised you aren't on the sideline with your knowledge.

Advertisement
The situation in general is still baffling. If he was suspended he would not have played on special teams. Maybe they were not happy with his tackling techniques in game 1. Ok I get that. But the dude is a ball hawk and knows how to cover. He didn’t forget how to do that. So why was he not in on third and long at a minimum last game? I am not second guessing the coaching. Just trying to understand how they are trying to teach Tae. It also could be more of an attitude thing versus a performance thing. Then I guess I understand relegating him to ST.
You’re not a ball hawk if you aren't part of the defensive scheme.. Too much free lancing puts you on the bench. He obviously isn't dependable in the big picture

I agree 1000% with earning it. The issue here is what do you do when you’re having to watch someone else who is nowhere near the standard get your reps? Very easy to let thoughts of fairness and favoritism start to creep into your mind and upset you. That happens in the everyday work place. I’ve seen it. Drives you insane. His response could be better no doubt but can’t blame him for snapping a bit.
There’s more to this story that we’ll never know, and it should stay in-house. No social media drama needed so I applaud Mario for responding the way he did.

Avantae did not play well Game 1. We all saw it. He’s got to tighten up and I’m pulling for him. I personally think he’s our most talented Safety on the roster but Kam is our best player at Safety.

This should inspire him to tackle better and get in that cot **** playbook.

looks like Tae did not get a single defensive snap on saturday.... obviously he was being punished for something.. whether it was performance or attitude, Mario kept him out intentionally...

Advertisement
Back