Tad Foote was the best president UM ever had

Advertisement
And there it is. Anything you don't know about, is "garbage" because you know everything, and are never wrong. And here come the childish, petty insults. "dipesh!te." You are an uninteresting bore.

You're simultaneously in two arguments in this thread, and you are pulling your same arrogant, can't be wrong crap in both of them. And the other guy who you keep calling my friend and I don't even agree on the subject! You're the common problem. Maybe that should give you pause to step back and take a look at how you interact on here. Take a minute, little buddy. You need a self-check.

Look, you and WrongSaidFred can play your silly games, where you accuse people of things for which you are guilty. The funny bit is where both of you try to call other people "arrogant", when it is the two of you who are bragging about your jobs and your income level, and sneering at everyone else as being "unsuccessful".

And it's funny for you to accuse me of acting like I "can't be wrong". Quite the opposite. I actually can be wrong, and have been wrong in the past. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. But on this particular subject, I'm not wrong. Look, in this situation, I'm Ferris Bueller and you are the French Maitre D.

But the funniest part is the part where you try to gaslight me into thinking that I'm wrong simply because I am capable of arguing with two nitwits at the same time. Wow, if that's all it took to prove someone wrong, then I'm surprised that morons don't pair up more frequently. The fact is, both WrongSaidFred and you are wrong. The "common problem" is two porsters being wrong on the same subject matter.

But, hey, the rest of us will be waiting for you to produce the "11 second" effort by Tad Foote to get rid of UM football. I'm sure that you can just pull the Board of Trustees minutes from that consequential 11 second meeting, right? Because you know it existed, right? You wouldn't claim otherwise, just to try to win an argument, right?

The pre-Foote discussion of shutting down the football program happened. It is documented. Nobody denies it.

But this "11 second thing"...nobody has ever heard of it...except you, of course...so it MUST be true...because both you and WrongSaidFred say so, and two people saying something must make it true...

Kinda like the Nevin Shapiro accusations...

Sam Jankovich won in spite of Tad Foote.

Just because Shalalalalalalala sucks doesn't absolve Tad Foote from anything. Tell that to Jimmy Johnson. He would bodyslam you.
Amen! Exactly what I was thinking. Tad Foote was the #1 reason Schnellenberger left and the same for Jimmy Johnson, had we retained either of them then the history of this program would be in Alabama territory right now. Tad Foote inherited a gold mine and managed to shut down mining as often as possible!

Amen! Exactly what I was thinking. Tad Foote was the #1 reason Schnellenberger left and the same for Jimmy Johnson, had we retained either of them then the history of this program would be in Alabama territory right now. Tad Foote inherited a gold mine and managed to shut down mining as often as possible!

Jimmy was out the door the MOMENT any NFL team came calling. He always wanted to coach pro ball and the perfect opportunity came, with Jerry buying the Cowboys. Howard wanted Miami to treat him like FSU treated Bowden and I don't think that was ever going to happen. UMiami wanted to grow as an academic institution, and as we've seen from FSU, being known as a "Jock" school is a hard thing to escape. Howard wanted everything to be about him, he was the face of Miami football and that was something that was bound to cause friction. Howard, for all his outstanding qualities also had a reputation for being someone that could wear thin, especially with higher ups. There's a reason why his tenure at OU was an unmitigated disaster.

I know that our "Fans" can't stand it that stakeholders want the school to succeed, both on and off the field, but that's what rational people want.

Nothing, outside of Craptical's "11 second" claim.

Foote started in March 1981. His first acts were to cut the size of the undergraduate student body, to reinstate the School of Architecture, and to form the School of Communication. Those were Foote's highest priorities.

One year after Foote started, the Baseball team won its first national championship. Two years after Foote started, Doc Mallios retired as AD and Sam Jankovich was hired, with a promise to revive the Basketball program. Three years after Foote started, the Football team had won its first title, Howard left, and JJ was hired.

Yes, Tad Foote wasn't happy with the way that our Athletic accomplishments quickly drew more press and publicity than his Academic accomplishments. And there were a few UM faculty members (much like the Rutgers 100) who tried to talk about de-emphasizing sports. But there was no big plan to shut anything down under Foote. He was too busy bringing things back.
This entire Post is nothing but Facts....

Advertisement
Look, you and WrongSaidFred can play your silly games, where you accuse people of things for which you are guilty. The funny bit is where both of you try to call other people "arrogant", when it is the two of you who are bragging about your jobs and your income level, and sneering at everyone else as being "unsuccessful".

And it's funny for you to accuse me of acting like I "can't be wrong". Quite the opposite. I actually can be wrong, and have been wrong in the past. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. But on this particular subject, I'm not wrong. Look, in this situation, I'm Ferris Bueller and you are the French Maitre D.

But the funniest part is the part where you try to gaslight me into thinking that I'm wrong simply because I am capable of arguing with two nitwits at the same time. Wow, if that's all it took to prove someone wrong, then I'm surprised that morons don't pair up more frequently. The fact is, both WrongSaidFred and you are wrong. The "common problem" is two porsters being wrong on the same subject matter.

But, hey, the rest of us will be waiting for you to produce the "11 second" effort by Tad Foote to get rid of UM football. I'm sure that you can just pull the Board of Trustees minutes from that consequential 11 second meeting, right? Because you know it existed, right? You wouldn't claim otherwise, just to try to win an argument, right?

The pre-Foote discussion of shutting down the football program happened. It is documented. Nobody denies it.

But this "11 second thing"...nobody has ever heard of it...except you, of course...so it MUST be true...because both you and WrongSaidFred say so, and two people saying something must make it true...

Kinda like the Nevin Shapiro accusations...

"WrongSaidFred." "nitwits." "porsters"

Good lord, you're a tiny child.

I get it. You need this. It's all yours, buddy. You're still wrong. But I don't think you really care. You really, really need a message board break. For your own mental health and adult development. Good luck.

"WrongSaidFred." "nitwits." "porsters"

Good lord, you're a tiny child.

I get it. You need this. It's all yours, buddy. You're still wrong. But I don't think you really care. You really, really need a message board break. For your own mental health and adult development. Good luck.

We'll make this simple.

I understand that you don't like my style. I don't really care what you think, but I understand it.

I have asked you, and WrongSaidFred, to provide ANY evidence to support your false claims. Other posters, including a Maude, have asked the same. You have provided nothing, except a claim of "11 seconds".

You and WrongSaidFred can continue to tell me that I'm "wrong", while providing no evidence, but people can see through your false claims at this point.

And I get the big picture with you and WrongSaidFred. You both have such "big jobs" involving "big money" and you deal with "important people" and you think that the rest of us are just some easily-dismissed junior staffers that you routinely order to bring you coffee and hemorrhoid pillows. You are not accustomed to being told that you are wrong. You are not accustomed to hearing "no".

I realize that you are ill-prepared for someone to stand up to you, with superior knowledge and information, and who exposes your fact-free bullying tactics.

So go scurry off to your Off-Topic Investments thread, where you can continue to be the bloviating big fish in a small pond.

Anybody else remember when Foote was speaking at the Light after we won a baseball title and the fans started chanting "we want a stadium", his response was "when the football team wins a championship we'll talk" or something to that nature...he was a ****head.

Advertisement
Not sure where Tad Foote ranks among UM president or the criteria being used, but if he's the best president UM has ever had . . . yikes. I'd hate to see what message board historians have to say about the also-rans.

We'll make this simple.

I understand that you don't like my style. I don't really care what you think, but I understand it.

I have asked you, and WrongSaidFred, to provide ANY evidence to support your false claims. Other posters, including a Maude, have asked the same. You have provided nothing, except a claim of "11 seconds".

You and WrongSaidFred can continue to tell me that I'm "wrong", while providing no evidence, but people can see through your false claims at this point.

And I get the big picture with you and WrongSaidFred. You both have such "big jobs" involving "big money" and you deal with "important people" and you think that the rest of us are just some easily-dismissed junior staffers that you routinely order to bring you coffee and hemorrhoid pillows. You are not accustomed to being told that you are wrong. You are not accustomed to hearing "no".

I realize that you are ill-prepared for someone to stand up to you, with superior knowledge and information, and who exposes your fact-free bullying tactics.

So go scurry off to your Off-Topic Investments thread, where you can continue to be the bloviating big fish in a small pond.

Huh?:) Holy bat****. Were you fist bumping yourself in the mirror when you typed all that nonsense? Dude, you're mental. Life was quite clearly not kind to you. And you gave yourself away, there. You think ANY thread on ANY message board on the internet is my "pond?":zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg: I guess the "football board" on a CFB website where you get to act like an *** with complete strangers is your peak, but please don't think for a second the rest of us are anywhere near the lost cause you are.

I wish you better moments in the future. I truly, really, really do. Go Canes.

Last edited:
Yes. This.

Tad Foote was a clown. San Jankovich was the wizard.

Foote would've shut down football if he could've. Dude tried to put the clamps on Jimmy for years and wanted to corral the team.

Foote was a butt-plug. End of story.
You might not like Tad Foote when it came to the football program but he really raised the academic standards at the school. I bet you’re not an alum. To be truthful, the football got away with a lot of crap from the mid 80’s to the mid 80’s even though I loved it. It was an incredible run.

Advertisement
Jimmy was out the door the MOMENT any NFL team came calling. He always wanted to coach pro ball and the perfect opportunity came, with Jerry buying the Cowboys. Howard wanted Miami to treat him like FSU treated Bowden and I don't think that was ever going to happen. UMiami wanted to grow as an academic institution, and as we've seen from FSU, being known as a "Jock" school is a hard thing to escape. Howard wanted everything to be about him, he was the face of Miami football and that was something that was bound to cause friction. Howard, for all his outstanding qualities also had a reputation for being someone that could wear thin, especially with higher ups. There's a reason why his tenure at OU was an unmitigated disaster.

I know that our "Fans" can't stand it that stakeholders want the school to succeed, both on and off the field, but that's what rational people want.
Well I want both but Howard left because of Foote, you can turn the tables on it however you want but Foote is the common denominator behind the exodus of our best coaches and it wasn't just football.

Tad Foote, by many of the players, by the coaches, by the fans, and by the football boosters of the school was considered to be a clueless, condescending ***.

Remember, after the '86 fatigue game, Tad Foote wanted Jimmy Johnson fired.

"I don't think we should be too hung up on being #1."

-Tad Foote (Sound familiar?)

So yeah, **** off with Tad Foote being some sort of genius in athletics. The program succeded in spite of Foote.

By the way, who names their kid Tad? What was his parents' names: ***** and **********?

Tad Foote, by many of the players, by the coaches, by the fans, and by the football boosters of the school to be a clueless, condescending ***.

Remember, after the '86 fatigue game, Tad Foote wanted Jimmy Johnson fired.

"I don't think we should be too hung up on being #1."

-Tad Foote

So yeah, **** off with Tad Foote being some sort of genius in athletics. The program succeded in spite of Foote.

How dare you say this, when WrongSaidFred just looks at the coincidental outcomes during Foote's 20 years, and Craptical Envelope yammers on about Foote's "11 second" effort to get rid of the football program?

Why are you using facts and contemporaneous media reports of actual words that came out of Foote's mouth?

Advertisement
Well I want both but Howard left because of Foote, you can turn the tables on it however you want but Foote is the common denominator behind the exodus of our best coaches and it wasn't just football.

Yep. Foote cost us Coach Ham as well.

How dare you say this, when WrongSaidFred just looks at the coincidental outcomes during Foote's 20 years, and Craptical Envelope yammers on about Foote's "11 second" effort to get rid of the football program?

Why are you using facts and contemporaneous media reports of actual words that came out of Foote's mouth?

Media, and anecdotal accounts by JJ, the players, and a booster from the 80's.

He was a good academic president, I'll give him that. But the academics became excellent off the money from the football program.

"If we did what we did at Oklahoma, they would've built monuments."

-Alonzo Highsmith

...Instead the school can't even build a statue of The Man With The Pipe.

Advertisement
Back