T.Thornton on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth.

ad603fd4f70c716a39ea3d02dabe011f.jpg

Advertisement
Same situation as Randy Russell. Too much in front of him. Kid doesn't want to compete.

Dumbest thing Ive read all day. You realize they have more wr commits than us right? And they are likely gona end up with 5-6

Pope, Wiggins, hightower over any of there 5 scrubs all day everyday

Im not comparing the wr classes. The fact that people will say the kid is afraid to compete is just ridiculous.

This kid is gonna be a stud and I hope like **** the staff can flip him before NSD....people talking down on this kid are only doing it cause he went to the turds.

If he had come here they'd be throwing him a parade.

I didn't want him before he committed to UF.

Only way I'd want him is if we cant get Terrance Marshall or Kevin Austin, and we flip Thornton right before NSD.

Same situation as Randy Russell. Too much in front of him. Kid doesn't want to compete.

Dumbest thing Ive read all day. You realize they have more wr commits than us right? And they are likely gona end up with 5-6

Im not comparing the wr classes. The fact that people will say the kid is afraid to compete is just ridiculous.

This kid is gonna be a stud and I hope like **** the staff can flip him before NSD....people talking down on this kid are only doing it cause he went to the turds.

Dumb statement. Some people didn't and still don't care what happens with this kid. Kid is a luxury not a necessity.

Dumb statement. Some people didn't and still don't care what happens with this kid. Kid is a luxury not a necessity.

Dumb statement?? Tell that to the staff that was recruiting him...

But I'm sure you being the all knowing talent evaluator knows much more than they do.

Kid is 6'3 and runs a 4.3 you can't teach that...no he's not a necessity but Austin ain't coming,he's better than Moore and if Marshall wants in he gets in if he makes the 10th receiver in the class..

My F5 brah.

He Gon.

I got word this morning, Coach Hanks, Coach Ice is very close with Randy, we have a heavy pipeline to UF thats growing.

Of course I want my BTW F5 brothers with the canes but it is what is it is.

giphy.gif.cf.gif

Advertisement
It's simple, quit recruiting these kids that grew up loving that sh*t school in Gainesville. Obviously some of them worship that sh*tty school like Henderson, Edwards, callaway, and Thornton. Fvck em we ball

That's a dumb approach.

Dontae Lucas grew up a huge Gator fan and we look like we're gonna land him.

The reality is some kids just want to leave Miami. That always has been and always will be a thing. Russell's mom wants him to get out. Thornton wants to get away from his kid and baby mama. You can't control some things. Fortunately, with a competent staff we can take advantage of the group of studs that want to stay home and rep the U.

Coach Hanks played for UF back in the day. One of the big resasons why UF pulling away BTW players from Dade.

Some kids NEED to get out of South FL in my opinion. I woulda rather he stuck with Baylor than go to Florida but oh well. CMR and co. will be more than fine. NSD is a long way away. And if he does go to UF, I can't wait to see D.J. Ivey clamp him up.

But I'm sure you being the all knowing talent evaluator knows much more than they do.

Kid is 6'3 and runs a 4.3 you can't teach that...no he's not a necessity but Austin ain't coming,he's better than Moore and if Marshall wants in he gets in if he makes the 10th receiver in the class..

WRs grow on trees here in Florida. miami will always find enough talented wrs. We lost out on our top 3 kids last year and still pulled in 4 4star prospects. Worry about OTs, DTs, and plugging a few more holes at DE and LB. Don't waste any more time ruminating over a 4th Wr.

Advertisement

WRs grow on trees here in Florida. miami will always find enough talented wrs. We lost out on our top 3 kids last year and still pulled in 4 4star prospects. Worry about OTs, DTs, and plugging a few more holes at DE and LB. Don't waste any more time ruminating over a 4th Wr.

**** this I want Thornton and the fact that this staff will still recruit him to the end let's us know he's the goods

Once again, I cheer for anything that keeps their current coaching staff there through 2019.

Some kids NEED to get out of South FL in my opinion. I woulda rather he stuck with Baylor than go to Florida but oh well. CMR and co. will be more than fine. NSD is a long way away. And if he does go to UF, I can't wait to see D.J. Ivey clamp him up.

Some kids feel like they have to get away to survive out here. **** rough.

Our WR class stack for 18'. We good.

It was obvious that the Miami staff wanted him. They competed with other schools to get him. For the moment, they lost.

Advertisement
Thornton runs a 4.3 now? People just start making **** up. Kid ran a 4.5 earlier this year.

**** like this is the reason we have the worst fans. We're talking about a low 3* with only a few offers, and people are losing their minds. Yes he has talent, but WR are a dime a dozen and we have 3 really good ones already, plus some really talented players on the roster. People act like missing on him is the end of the program.

It's just ridiculous.

Oh, and (again), we're 9-2 recruiting against UF this cycle, yet people are crying about them somehow outrecruiting us now too.

From stampini on 247

"Thornton tried to commit/gave a silent to UF back in June. I think UF wanted to slow that and evaluate things more. UM was going all out for him from the day after he visit UF, so there was some that thought that would be enough for the Canes to win out. Again, not sure Corral gets credit for it or UF giving him the green light considering what happened on his June visit."

Alledgedly he was silently committed to uf but they slow played him until he was a take for them. Hope the staff starts to get a better sense of these gator diehards.... like Russell,Henderson, Edwards and Thornton. Wasted time recruiting him when we could have went all in on Kevin Austin.

Regardless we need some momentum on the recruiting trail.

Can't wait till Moore balls out this year and takes a spot in our class. Will be Harley all over again.

Advertisement
loved Thorntons upside but honestly, next.

really wish we would go all out for Austin and call it a day at WR (think he's gonna be an absolute star) but it seems he's all ND
keep recruiting Marshall like crazy
continue to evaluate Moore/see if he goes crazy his senior season and if he does, potentially take him late

Don't understand the hate for Pete. Pete says that the staff felt confident on the pick up, thus why he was leading with Thornton committing to Miami. That's likely where he gets his sources and info from. They were wrong, which made Pete wrong. If anything, just ask for your money back. Oh wait......

They kiss Pete's *** when his info turns out to be right which is 90% of the time but when it doesn't like es they whine and whine and then blame Pete like its his fault knowing they're just going to stay here anyway

Seriously. They act like Pete's the one recruiting this kid. I'd like to see any insider that's batting a .1000

Again I think it's all in good fun. They wouldn't be here if pete wasn't here. You tell ppl to stay out yo lane, we gonna pick on you when you wrong lo

Pete was telling that to Feast. Feast was the biggest Golden supported on the Cane Insider days and was an arrogant SOB about it to. I had no problem with Pete going in dry on him via twitter. [MENTION=2343]Cribby[/MENTION], you still remember those days?

I approve this message

From stampini on 247

"Thornton tried to commit/gave a silent to UF back in June. I think UF wanted to slow that and evaluate things more. UM was going all out for him from the day after he visit UF, so there was some that thought that would be enough for the Canes to win out. Again, not sure Corral gets credit for it or UF giving him the green light considering what happened on his June visit."

Alledgedly he was silently committed to uf but they slow played him until he was a take for them. Hope the staff starts to get a better sense of these gator diehards.... like Russell,Henderson, Edwards and Thornton. Wasted time recruiting him when we could have went all in on Kevin Austin.

Regardless we need some momentum on the recruiting trail.

It's never wasted time man.

Coaches don't recruit guys based on your personal preference.

They have their board and they usually stick to it.

If we would only recruit UM "diehards" then many of our former greats wouldn't have ended up here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back